BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

09-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
exmowner
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3X / 14 GTR

IND/FeDex Trouble what would you do?

First off let me start off by saying from past business dealings with IND that they have provided amazing service beyond anything I’ve experienced.!

Now comes my current issue... I contacted Andrew from IND about 2 months ago about a eisenmann race exhaust for my e92 m3. He advised me that they were out of stock and that due to m5 exhaust production that it might be a week or two for it to arrive. Having already bought an OEM euro bumper from INd in June I have no problem leaving a 50% deposit on the exhaust.

About a month later it was finally back in stock I was advised that it would be shipped out. I ask that it be shipped by FEDEX as UpS is horrendous when it comes to duties and the fed ex depot was close to my work.

Long story short I realize after tracking the shipment that it was sent to my home and not the specified address (my work). Wtv after wait for so long I figure what’s a few kms to pick it up at the FedEx office. I call FedEx to hold the item for pick up as I didn’t want to risk it being damaged in transport and knowing no one would be home to sign for it they might as well hold it for me.

To my surprise I receive an email confirmation from FedEx as item delivered wait no one was home as I was at work so how could this be?? I immediately call FedEx and ask about this, they advise me that the message I left to hold for pick up never made it to the local office and that it went out for delivery. They claim that no signature was required and that there was no value on the item so they left it at my front door???

So now 2 months in and still no exhaust the season is winding down and I’m a few weeks away from storing the m3 for winter. I asked for an update from IND and I was told the trace was closed and they filled a claim with FedEx? I'm confused as if the package has not declared value how can they claim it? Either way I asked for a refund and was told the owners would have to decide on what to do.......

I'm not trying to call IND out in anyway and it sucks this happened as I had a lot more I wanted to change on my car and was happy to find a reliable company but I feel in the dark..

Can anyone provide some advice?

thanks
Alex
2021-G82 BASE (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Hey Alex sorry to hear about that. Shoot support an email to support@ind-distribution.com. if you already did this I will go and check with them asap.
      09-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Did you at any point perhaps mention to iND that you would appreciate their help in the reduction of your taxes once it had crossed the border? I can see this as being a reason why there was no value to the package. I'd say some FedEx kid saw a crazy nice exhaust, saw it had $0 value and just took it for himself. Also, just cos an item has $0 value that doesn't mean it isn't insured for what it's worth, that's something you should check with iND and FedEx before you put them on blast.

*Wrong section.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

did you ask IND to under declare the value of the exhaust ?? if that was the case, you are usually responsible for whatever happens to the package once it crosses the border. my solution when it comes to this kind of situations is to not under declare your packages. get it shipped to freeport forwarding (just south of the border in Champlain, NY) instead and pick it up from there and bring it across the border yourself.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Alex,

The above is correct. We have our own insurance policy so the shipment is covered.

We spoke on Friday on how I had to talk to the owners about a refund since your request is outside of our policy. We are more than trying to work with you on this. I will followup with you today as I had promised.
      09-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@IND View Post
Alex,

The above is correct. We have our own insurance policy so the shipment is covered.

We spoke on Friday on how I had to talk to the owners about a refund since your request is outside of our policy. We are more than trying to work with you on this. I will followup with you today as I had promised.
iND, on top of it as always.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

Jesal and Nate will take care of you.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

I think this is the first issue that I have seen posted publicly about IND. I am sure that if you give them a reasonable amount of time that the issue will be rectified, either with another exhaust or a refund.

From my dealings with IND they have been more concerned with the satisfaction of the customer than profit. I know of a few cases where they have lost money to make a customer happy, knowing they would make that small loss back in the future due to a good reputation and from referrals.

Please give them a chance to make it right and I know they will.

By the way, this post is due to the fact that IND has made me a satisfied customer many times over and I never hesitate to buy from them or recommend them to friends.
      09-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmowner View Post
Can anyone provide some advice?
Just give IND some time to handle it. Speaking from experience, these guys will do whatever they can to get things resolved for you.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
///Madhatter
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 AW ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
iND, on top of it as always.
+1
      09-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
exmowner
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3X / 14 GTR

IND

Actually this wasn’t to call IND out at all; it was to see if any other members had similar issues with FEDEX. Jesal has been great and he got back to me as promised!

As for the issue of duties, I did not request that the value be under declared.

Again IND has been great and I did not intend on calling them out on this.

I'd be willing to place an order in the future without hesitation; I’m just done with FEDEX,
2021-G82 BASE (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #12
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Then why didn't you just put "Fedex trouble" in the title? The IND guys have gone above and beyond in my experience (and as others have said.)
      09-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I think this is the first issue that I have seen posted publicly about IND. I am sure that if you give them a reasonable amount of time that the issue will be rectified, either with another exhaust or a refund.

From my dealings with IND they have been more concerned with the satisfaction of the customer than profit. I know of a few cases where they have lost money to make a customer happy, knowing they would make that small loss back in the future due to a good reputation and from referrals.

Please give them a chance to make it right and I know they will.

By the way, this post is due to the fact that IND has made me a satisfied customer many times over and I never hesitate to buy from them or recommend them to friends.
+2.

I truly cannot recall a better company with better customer service in whatever business I have dealt with than IND.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #14
wdd1040
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3

iND has always been great to me as well!
Appreciate 0