BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

05-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #1
Apex Everything
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

dead link

dead link

Last edited by Apex Everything; 11-22-2016 at 07:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 10:11 PM   #2
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Glad to hear everything with the warranty worked out

I got my e90 M3 from Carmax as well 3 years ago with their warranty.

I think I still have 2 years and 60,000 miles left on the warranty.

What was the claims process like? Did they ask to see maintenance records or receipts? Did they seem to care if there was any mods?

I heard that basically the dealer or mechanic just shows the adjuster what needs fixing, but the adjuster doesn't ask about maintenance... He just verifies the damage that needs fixing. Kinda works different from a cpo warranty.

I just want to know just in case... I've already swapped the rod bearings just in case and overly maintain the car ( but my records are all over the place because of my ADD)... But I guess I have to worry about throttle body actuators and valve springs.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2016, 10:19 PM   #3
Apex Everything
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3 View Post

What was the claims process like? Did they ask to see maintenance records or receipts? Did they seem to care if there was any mods?

I heard that basically the dealer or mechanic just shows the adjuster what needs fixing, but the adjuster doesn't ask about maintenance... He just verifies the damage that needs fixing. Kinda works different from a cpo warranty.

I just want to know just in case... I've already swapped the rod bearings just in case and overly maintain the car ( but my records are all over the place because of my ADD)... But I guess I have to worry about throttle body actuators and valve springs.
The claims process is handled without any input from the buyer (YOU) and it is not needed. If your car is taken to a manufacturer dealer like to BMW in this case BMW talks to CarMax not to you.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 10:46 PM   #4
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Everything
Quote:

The claims process is handled without any input from the buyer (YOU) and it is not needed. If your car is taken to a manufacturer dealer like to BMW in this case BMW talks to CarMax not to you.
Cool thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 04:37 AM   #5
Apex Everything
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cool thanks
No problemo
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 08:27 AM   #6
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

I had a similar experience with a $6k repair shortly after purchasing my M3. Not the same issue as yours, but I totally feel both your initial fear and the relief of knowing you don't have to eat the large repair cost. I got my warranty through my credit union for the same price as your CarMax plan, easily the best car-related decision I've ever made. Warranty haters should take note of these types of threads before preaching that warranties are a waste of money and only exist to screw over the buyer. With cars like these that is far from the truth. Even without major work like this, the little things that people don't talk about regularly add up. OP, I hope that was the last time you had to use your warranty, but it is likely that it will continue paying for itself over the 60mo term.
      05-16-2016, 08:41 AM   #7
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
I had a similar experience with a $6k repair shortly after purchasing my M3. Not the same issue as yours, but I totally feel both your initial fear and the relief of knowing you don't have to eat the large repair cost. I got my warranty through my credit union for the same price as your CarMax plan, easily the best car-related decision I've ever made. Warranty haters should take note of these types of threads before preaching that warranties are a waste of money and only exist to screw over the buyer. With cars like these that is far from the truth. Even without major work like this, the little things that people don't talk about regularly add up. OP, I hope that was the last time you had to use your warranty, but it is likely that it will continue paying for itself over the 60mo term.
What do you mean by through CU? Banking and Insurance are separate type of businesses. I have a CU account but never heard them talk about insurance only car loans.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #8
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3SSII View Post
What do you mean by through CU? Banking and Insurance are separate type of businesses. I have a CU account but never heard them talk about insurance only car loans.
When I got my car loan through them they offered a warranty that was only available to credit union members. Not sure if that meant the pricing was only available to members, or the entire policy. The warranty is not underwritten by the CU, just sold by them to their members. It was a great deal based on some of the prices I've seen other people on the forums pay.
      05-16-2016, 09:45 AM   #9
EuroMatteo
Rep
Drives: Pending...

I've really been browsing the warranty threads on this forum for some time now. I would like to purchase a warranty for the e92 once I get it which should be around December or January. Since Carmax offers the only warranty I haven't heard horrific stories about, would it be possible to purchase a Carmax warranty for a car that wasn't bought from Carmax but from a private seller?
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2016, 12:42 PM   #10
nickl630
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3CS, 09 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Everything View Post
This article was getting a crap load of love on reddit:
http://www.rightfootdown.com/thought...ved-my-wallet/
what subreddit? Just curious. Have MaxCare as well and was going to post it in r/bmw
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 02:13 PM   #11
91foxbody
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickl630 View Post
what subreddit? Just curious. Have MaxCare as well and was going to post it in r/bmw
I found it in /r/BMW
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 04:11 PM   #12
Rajmun340
Major
Rep

Quote:
When I got my car loan through them they offered a warranty that was only available to credit union members. Not sure if that meant the pricing was only available to members, or the entire policy. The warranty is not underwritten by the CU, just sold by them to their members. It was a great deal based on some of the prices I've seen other people on the forums pay.
Yes it sounds like you got a preferential rate from a major insurer through the CU customer filter. Is the insurer a major name ? It makes me want to call my CU to ask them for such insurer.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 04:14 PM   #13
Rajmun340
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroMatteo View Post
I've really been browsing the warranty threads on this forum for some time now. I would like to purchase a warranty for the e92 once I get it which should be around December or January. Since Carmax offers the only warranty I haven't heard horrific stories about, would it be possible to purchase a Carmax warranty for a car that wasn't bought from Carmax but from a private seller?
probably not, their good insurance is a pitch for their automobile selling business. If they went straight for insurance business it would increase the part of risk in their bottom line.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 04:25 PM   #14
Eliminator 429
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Shelby GT350 Evo IX

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Stand up job by car max! How many miles were on your car when it happened and Any idea what caused the failure?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 04:59 PM   #15
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3SSII View Post
Yes it sounds like you got a preferential rate from a major insurer through the CU customer filter. Is the insurer a major name ? It makes me want to call my CU to ask them for such insurer.
The policy is underwritten by The Warranty Group. The brochure said "Member's Choice Mechanical Repair Coverage Made available by your Credit Union and CUNA Mutual Group."

https://www.cunamutual.com/products/...epair-coverage

http://www.thewarrantygroup.com
      05-16-2016, 05:18 PM   #16
Apex Everything
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
/r/BMW and specially /r/Cars.......

It was also shared to the Jalopnik front page.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #17
jbl16
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP DCT

Good to know!
      05-16-2016, 05:57 PM   #18
nickl630
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3CS, 09 GTR

Quote:
/r/BMW and specially /r/Cars.......

It was also shared to the Jalopnik front page.
Yeah, Doug Demuro seems to love MaxCare too lol
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 07:51 PM   #19
Apex Everything
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, Doug Demuro seems to love MaxCare too lol
I actually emailed Doug to chat about CarMax warranties.

He also tweeted out the article.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 05:30 PM   #20
Apex Everything
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminator 429 View Post
Stand up job by car max! How many miles were on your car when it happened and Any idea what caused the failure?
A little over 30k.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #21
Apex Everything
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Could that just have been some salesman talk making you feel better about purchasing the warranty?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 08:47 PM   #22
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Could that just have been some salesman talk making you feel better about purchasing the warranty?
No.