BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-03-2017, 12:33 PM   #23
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M'EM View Post
This. BOOF I took my E93 M to Smoky mountains a couple of years back during Thanksgiving.
Ripping those curves with the top down, the heater on with the chill air outside and the V8 blaring in your years unobstructed is pure driving ecstasy. It just can't be matched. And I was on my stock exhaust then, I can only imagine how it would be with my Borla Atak now. I can't make this trip this year but it will happen soon and I just can't wait . Have fun and stay safe and of course post lots of pics
My Borla with the windows down is an absolute fiasco of awesome. Can only imagine with the entire roof missing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
You are added to the list Tyler. Definitely open to different/equivalent rides. It is a long way out and we have 6 hopefuls so far. I am thinking it's possible to have 15 to 20 of us by then. I think as a group we can come up with a consensus on meet up time and where, what run we are doing. Do we then eat let the cars cool down etc... then head out on another run etc... Thank you for stepping up Tyler and of course Doc and everyone else who has had some ideas.
Just another alternative. There are a lot of fun runs through North Georgia.

Are you looking to be up in North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia...?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 12:43 PM   #24
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
I'd love to take the girlfriend along, but I'm afraid she'll lose her fun... Poor girl gets a bit too carsick for the spirited twisties!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #25
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M'EM View Post
This. BOOF I took my E93 M to Smoky mountains a couple of years back during Thanksgiving.
Ripping those curves with the top down, the heater on with the chill air outside and the V8 blaring in your years unobstructed is pure driving ecstasy. It just can't be matched. And I was on my stock exhaust then, I can only imagine how it would be with my Borla Atak now. I can't make this trip this year but it will happen soon and I just can't wait . Have fun and stay safe and of course post lots of pics
My Borla with the windows down is an absolute fiasco of awesome. Can only imagine with the entire roof missing!

Quote:
You are added to the list Tyler. Definitely open to different/equivalent rides. It is a long way out and we have 6 hopefuls so far. I am thinking it's possible to have 15 to 20 of us by then. I think as a group we can come up with a consensus on meet up time and where, what run we are doing. Do we then eat let the cars cool down etc... then head out on another run etc... Thank you for stepping up Tyler and of course Doc and everyone else who has had some ideas.
Just another alternative. There are a lot of fun runs through North Georgia.

Are you looking to be up in North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia...?
We have a cabin set up in Sevierville Tn, it's a short mountain drive to Pigon Forge and Gatlinburg. I think I think the Tail is about an hour drive from our cabin. Again, Anything in the vicinity is good for us and the Tail seems to be the hot destination. Input confirming or to the contrary is welcomed.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 01:21 PM   #26
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
I'd love to take the girlfriend along, but I'm afraid she'll lose her fun... Poor girl gets a bit too carsick for the spirited twisties!
I did the dragon and the other roads one summer in my wife's X5M on the way back from myrtle beach...fully loaded up with kids and luggage. They loved it, but I stopped at the top of the mountain for them to take a breather. Once we were done it was off to the Waffle House for a nice breakfast.
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34450.00
Yeru211.50
      10-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #27
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
We have a cabin set up in Sieverville, it's a short mountain drive to Pigon Forge and Gatlinburg. I think I think the Tail is about an hour drive from our cabin. Again, Anything in the vicinity is good for us and the Tail seems to be the hot destination. Input confirming or to the contrary is welcomed.
If you're doing some map work find Rd 32 off of 321 between g-burg and hwy 40. Excellent road not far from you. Just as technical as the dragon and zero shoulders in some spots. Very few people know about it. Your also not far from little River Rd leading to Cades Cove and the dragon. It's an absolute gorgeous run.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34450.00
      10-03-2017, 01:43 PM   #28
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

I need to get up there! Bit too late in the year for me. Hopefully next year is the year I make a trip out there.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 02:25 PM   #29
thetastelingers
Master Baiter
Rep
Drives: 18 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 SOLD  [10.00]
2018 BMW M2  [9.67]
So far I don't have anything going on. I could come over for the day. About a 2 hour drive for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 02:37 PM   #30
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetastelingers View Post
So far I don't have anything going on. I could come over for the day. About a 2 hour drive for me.
You could come? ER, wrong, you are coming. I penciled you in the OP. Two hours away? That's perfect. Have you read the whole thread by the way and if so, what is your opinion of the other rides being mentioned as opposed or added to the Dragon run.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #31
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
We have a cabin set up in Sevierville Tn, it's a short mountain drive to Pigon Forge and Gatlinburg. I think I think the Tail is about an hour drive from our cabin. Again, Anything in the vicinity is good for us and the Tail seems to be the hot destination. Input confirming or to the contrary is welcomed.
Eh...My route may not be the best choice if you're up that way. You'd be looking at 3+ hours just to get to the area I am talking of. Maybe if you wanted to make a run through there on your way back home to Florida.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 03:13 PM   #32
M_Three
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

I would be interesting in possibly joining in. I'm in a 08 E93
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 03:15 PM   #33
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Three View Post
I would be interesting in possibly joining in. I'm in a 08 E93
Great thread on oil analysis. We would be honored. Adding you to the list.
Appreciate 1
M_Three90.00
      10-03-2017, 03:22 PM   #34
thetastelingers
Master Baiter
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
You could come? ER, wrong, you are coming. I penciled you in the OP. Two hours away? That's perfect. Have you read the whole thread by the way and if so, what is your opinion of the other rides being mentioned as opposed or added to the Dragon run.
You'll definitely want to go drive other roads around Deals Gap.
Deals gap is fun, but even late November, there will still be traffic.

Cherohala Skyway is a great road if you've never been. Long sweeping corners and up to 5400 feet elevation.

There are great roads in every direction from the Store. They close that store at some point in the winter, so it may not be open.

Tapoco lodge/restaurant has some great food and good atmosphere next to the river. That would be a good meeting point or hangout. I've not stayed there yet.

Fontana Village resort has good rooms if you are looking to stay somewhere.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34450.00
      10-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #35
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Eh...My route may not be the best choice if you're up that way. You'd be looking at 3+ hours just to get to the area I am talking of. Maybe if you wanted to make a run through there on your way back home to Florida.
Probably wouldn't work for us which is why we thought The tail and some other routes in that area would work best for us. About 60 miles from the cabin. Here is a basic area that we think will work. Again, I may be wrong as I have not done enough homework yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 03:40 PM   #36
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You'll definitely want to go drive other roads around Deals Gap.
Deals gap is fun, but even late November, there will still be traffic.

Cherohala Skyway is a great road if you've never been. Long sweeping corners and up to 5400 feet elevation.

There are great roads in every direction from the Store. They close that store at some point in the winter, so it may not be open.

Tapoco lodge/restaurant has some great food and good atmosphere next to the river. That would be a good meeting point or hangout. I've not stayed there yet.

Fontana Village resort has good rooms if you are looking to stay somewhere.
Cherahola skyway would be good for us on the first leg then head to the Tail. We will be coming up from Atlanta that morning so we could meet at Cherahola then over to the Tail. Lots to talk about. Again, I'm wanting the meeting places to be good central spots for all to meet and finish up at. Not just what is good for us. We already have a cabin but I'm sure with such a blossoming crowd already that people will want to get rooms.

If anyone is interested our cabin in Sevierville is booked with Eden Crest. They have reasonable rates per night, extremely clean cabins and we saw several very large bears 50 feet from our front door. The drive up the mountain is fantastic. There are several other companies that offer cabins also. Amazing mountain views from the cabins. There's a pool and gym also. Rates start at around $140 to $200 per night. Our two story cabin was very big for a family of three with two large balconies and a hot tub. I'll add this to the OP.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #37
thetastelingers
Master Baiter
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.67]
If you are in the Sevierville area, hit up Clingmans dome. It's a hike uphill the whole way, but it's a 360 degree view at the top of the mountain. You'll likely pass it OTW from Deals gap to Sevierville anyway.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34450.00
      10-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #38
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you are in the Sevierville area, hit up Clingmans dome. It's a hike uphill the whole way, but it's a 360 degree view at the top of the mountain. You'll likely pass it OTW from Deals gap to Sevierville anyway.
Did that a few months ago. That was some walk up the hill omg.
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2017, 04:17 PM   #39
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

Have another week vacation and can?t convince the wife to do the drive. Is this something you can take on with a 2 year old in car or is it not advisable?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 04:19 PM   #40
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3 View Post
Have another week vacation and can?t convince the wife to do the drive. Is this something you can take on with a 2 year old in car or is it not advisable?
Luckiest two year old in the world on Nov 19th 2017. Penciling in the famous GRUESOM3.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 05:06 PM   #41
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

Lol i can?t make it that day sorry have a week off mid October
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 05:14 PM   #42
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3 View Post
Lol i can?t make it that day sorry have a week off mid October
Erasing you from the list. Good thing it's all in pencil or you would have been stuck buddy. You will be an honorary member. Check the list on OP.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #43
thkfast
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 Sakhir Orange DCT

Tail of the Dragon is good if you want professional quality photos of your car with a cool background. Other than that, it's 35 mph, heavily patrolled and cluttered with Harley baggers going 28 mph.

Hwy 32 located close to Hartford, TN accesable from I-40 and dead ends at the NC state line is unpatrolled, insane twisty and you can ride/drive as fast as you want.

"The Snake" - Shady Valley, TN has great roads running in 3 different directions. There is a cool Country Store there and again, great twisty roads, freshly black topped, unpatrolled and fun!

"Diamond Back" at Little Switzerland, NC is a short twisty road that's fun, but exploring the roads just NW of that area - specifically 226A north of Hwy 19 is a thrill. Be sure to stop at Bonnie and Clyde's Drive In on Hwy 226 for some good food!

We hit "The Dragon", but it's too main stream now...there are better places to ride/drive close by!

2015 F82 M4 - Sakhir Orange Metallic
2013 E92 M3 / 2013 E92 335is / 2010 E90 335i / 2007 E90 335i
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34450.00
      10-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #44
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
Tail of the Dragon is good if you want professional quality photos of your car with a cool background. Other than that, it's 35 mph, heavily patrolled and cluttered with Harley baggers going 28 mph.

Hwy 32 located close to Hartford, TN accesable from I-40 and dead ends at the NC state line is unpatrolled, insane twisty and you can ride/drive as fast as you want.

"The Snake" - Shady Valley, TN has great roads running in 3 different directions. There is a cool Country Store there and again, great twisty roads, freshly black topped, unpatrolled and fun!

"Diamond Back" at Little Switzerland, NC is a short twisty road that's fun, but exploring the roads just NW of that area - specifically 226A north of Hwy 19 is a thrill. Be sure to stop at Bonnie and Clyde's Drive In on Hwy 226 for some good food!

We hit "The Dragon", but it's too main stream now...there are better places to ride/drive close by!
Great advice to be taken into consideration for all to debate, thank you. So can we count on you to be penciled in? It will look like this on the list:
9) thkfast E92 M3.

Appreciate 0