BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

03-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
lotus_enzo
Animal Chin Search Party
Rep
Drives: 2006 Lotus

Bone Stock e90 M3

Did a search for "bone stock" and other terms but didn't really find anything so hopefully this isn't an old subject - if so please disregard.

So how ridiculous would it be to order a completely bone stock AW e90 sedan? I've had a couple e46 M3s and an M coupe and never really needed many options, except xeons. now that those are stock, I can't see any reason to really add anything more. I like the cloth seats - leather is good for resale value but it also much worse for showing wear. I'd take leatherette before leather again. - they are much more grippy.

Just curious to see if anyone else considered this.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #2
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

yes this has been talked about in a lot of different threads...the one take away that we all agreed upon about cloth seats is think about how many farts they absorb. hope that helps you make your decision. haha

in all seriousness, several members are going with "bone stock" cars. there are a lot of options, but its not ridiculous to get just a basic model. i'm sure you'll have to order it though, because no dealer is going to have a bone stock on their floor.

throw this into google and go through some of the links "site:m3post.com bare bones"
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
lotus_enzo
Animal Chin Search Party
Rep
Drives: 2006 Lotus

hahaha that is classic - the old fart measure of car upholstery.

Thanks for the info - I'll try the "bare bones" search criteria.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

you can also try "stripper"
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_enzo View Post
Did a search for "bone stock" and other terms but didn't really find anything so hopefully this isn't an old subject - if so please disregard.

So how ridiculous would it be to order a completely bone stock AW e90 sedan? I've had a couple e46 M3s and an M coupe and never really needed many options, except xeons. now that those are stock, I can't see any reason to really add anything more. I like the cloth seats - leather is good for resale value but it also much worse for showing wear. I'd take leatherette before leather again. - they are much more grippy.

Just curious to see if anyone else considered this.
The only option I would consider is the premium pack just because of the M Dynamic Mode and all the other ways if improving the performance of the car. IMO it's really something very particular on the car and I really think that will improve re-sale value A LOT.

The rest is "extra", including the leather seats.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 10:38 PM   #6
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_enzo View Post
Just FYI, the reason your search did not succeed is the definition of "bone stock" has nothing to do with how the car is optioned from the factory. Rather, it refers to a car that has no mods.

You are looking for a car with no (or few) options. Nothing wrong with that, lots of people are considering cars with just a couple options, since the options can easily increase the price of the car by 20% or more. For the M3, the big costs are the premium package and the technology package, both of which I plan to do without. I will also skip 19s most likely. What I cannot go without are metallic paint (need Interlagos), USB, Bluetooth, sunroof and, potentially, M-DCT.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 09:27 AM   #7
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I will also skip 19s most likely. What I cannot go without are metallic paint (need Interlagos), USB, Bluetooth, sunroof and, potentially, M-DCT.
Cool, go for 6MT and we can be friends.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0