BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

08-28-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
alpineweiss
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F25 X3

Thinking of trading the M3 for a C6 Z06

C6 Z06? Have I gone mad?

I never had a thing for Corvettes. This was until 2011, when I went on vacation with the girlfriend to Maui and rented a regular C6. The interior was sub sub-par, as I was expecting, but everyday I had it, I looked forward to driving it. I remember never finding a seating position I liked, and even though it was an automatic, the motor and chassis got me hooked. It was a crude animal, nothing like the tamed beast the M3 is, but I had a new found appreciation for these Corvettes.

Yes, the M3 and the Corvette are of two different classes. Am I going to make a mistake getting into one? How's the market for these cars? I am leaving the country for good next year for business, so I don't want to be stuck with a car I can't resell. And if anyone can comment on living with one in the GTA would be great.

Last edited by alpineweiss; 09-13-2013 at 12:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
As a former Z06 owner, I feel your pain. It's hard to go from the awesome torque and power that the vette has to the lackluster curve that the M has. The vette also handles great. The biggest let down on the vette is the fit-and-finish.
Appreciate 0