BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

08-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #45
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Yes, it's all opinions. Let's not start another fight. I'm sure (hope) Lucid will agree that he is merely expressing his opinion and not what everyone else should think.
      08-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #46
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_me View Post
is that a fact. You decide , others listen?. Design is personal thing, in case you dont know that
Look, people are expressing their opinions about the interior. I expressed my opinion about interior and design. There are different opinions and that's all fine. Then you come along and make things personal by talking nonsense like "some people like to live in the past." What does that have to do with the M3 interior? Stick to the topic and talk about the BMW M3 interior. Express your opinion just like everyone else. No point in attempting to judge people as to what era they'd like to live in based on what they think of the E92 interior. That's missing the point, which is what I reminded you of.

Again, the point is that I would have liked to have the E92 interior well designed like the E46 interior; that's my opinion and it doesn't mean I want the E46 interior in the E92. What part of that can't you understand?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #47
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post

With all that said, the "flat camel looking straight" layout is just killing what used to be the BMW perfect package IMO: a cockpit interior as great as the exterior as great as the drive. Unfortunately for me, the new M3 also have this interior...
Agreed.

Quote:
Which is ironic when in the new 135i the interior looks more BMWish than any other BMW now, with a cockpit layout, the driver's slant of the middle console and no double hump when iDrive is present.
I didn't realize that is the case with the 135 interior. I've seen small pics of parts of the dash, but I haven't seen a high resolution shot of the entire dash. I'll check it out.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 05:34 PM   #48
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post

I didn't realize that is the case with the 135 interior. I've seen small pics of parts of the dash, but I haven't seen a high resolution shot of the entire dash. I'll check it out.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...5&d=1186944012
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #49
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Ok, so the double hump is gone, but the dash is still completely perpindicular to the center console. It is not oriented to the driver.
I prefer the double hump to the pop-up nav systems. That kind of implementation seems cheap to me and that is partly why I dislike the C63 interior.
      08-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #50
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

The hump is gone indeed so I guess I'd prefer this, but I still cannot say that I like it. Porsche puts the screen on the console, so do many other cars, which I think reduces the distraction caused by the hump or the pop-up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #51
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eastie View Post
Damn, that variable scale on the speedo has to be one of the most annoying things BMW has invented... And it seems to look even worse in Imperial units.
Why?
This is odd indeed. And the sheer number of numbers in a single dial. I am sure you Brits can manage the conversion if you were to drive around in the mainland. Then I guess it just makes more sense to switch to a digital readout for the speedometer.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #52
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Ok, so the double hump is gone, but the dash is still completely perpindicular to the center console. It is not oriented to the driver.
I prefer the double hump to the pop-up nav systems. That kind of implementation seems cheap to me and that is partly why I dislike the C63 interior.
The console is tilted...
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 09:11 PM   #53
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
The console is tilted...
The middle one? So is the new M3's console.
      08-29-2007, 11:58 PM   #54
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

The reivew sounds positive. It didn't describe the M3 as a slam dunk but it did hold the M3 with high regards. I don't understand how some of you are disatisfied. If the magazine went all out on the M3 what is left for the Ferraris?

Last edited by Robert; 08-30-2007 at 12:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 12:48 AM   #55
Just_me
Captain
Rep
Drives: RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Look, people are expressing their opinions about the interior. I expressed my opinion about interior and design. There are different opinions and that's all fine. Then you come along and make things personal by talking nonsense like "some people like to live in the past." What does that have to do with the M3 interior? Stick to the topic and talk about the BMW M3 interior. Express your opinion just like everyone else. No point in attempting to judge people as to what era they'd like to live in based on what they think of the E92 interior. That's missing the point, which is what I reminded you of.

Again, the point is that I would have liked to have the E92 interior well designed like the E46 interior; that's my opinion and it doesn't mean I want the E46 interior in the E92. What part of that can't you understand?
and I wasnt serious of course, thats why I used a smiley. You need to relax and learn the meaning with smilies. Its just like some of your answers to me sounded like a fact, maybe we should add the word "IMO" more often. Anyway, enough of this discussion, its better for both parts.

And I have already said which interior I prefer and why. I dont need to repeat myself.

Last edited by Just_me; 08-30-2007 at 01:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 10:53 AM   #56
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
The reivew sounds positive. It didn't describe the M3 as a slam dunk but it did hold the M3 with high regards. I don't understand how some of you are disatisfied. If the magazine went all out on the M3 what is left for the Ferraris?
In previous models the M3 had little real competition and was a bit of a car for people who know cars. Now, the model demands frontpage coverage from every magazine at introduction and there is real competition. I imagine several folks who are avid followers would like it to remain in its previous position as the undisputed best 4-seat, "real world" sports car on the planet (considering the total package including price), but now there are valid reasons to pick other cars. I still think it's the best, but now it's in question. I suspect that if some other car became the undisputed best according to reviews, many people here would switch immediately without ever driving them both.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #57
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
In previous models the M3 had little real competition and was a bit of a car for people who know cars. Now, the model demands frontpage coverage from every magazine at introduction and there is real competition. I imagine several folks who are avid followers would like it to remain in its previous position as the undisputed best 4-seat, "real world" sports car on the planet (considering the total package including price), but now there are valid reasons to pick other cars. I still think it's the best, but now it's in question. I suspect that if some other car became the undisputed best according to reviews, many people here would switch immediately without ever driving them both.
+1. agreed.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 05:28 AM   #58
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

I'm personally hoping the Lexus IS-F is a great car, as it looks meaner than any of them.
      08-31-2007, 08:47 AM   #59
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CSL View Post
I'm personally hoping the Lexus IS-F is a great car, as it looks meaner than any of them.
I can find something I like in the styling of just about any performance car on the market. But I have to say that with the IS-F (which I saw in person) the only thing I really liked (loved actually) was the color. The IS350 has such a pleasing stance, and yet somehow it just looks like they did everything they could with to make its big brother look portly and stodgy. I really do not like the way this car turned out. However, the motor sounds great and do I hope the car sells well.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 10:53 AM   #60
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

It's that near-unique fender treatment that I like most. The hood does have a strange bulge/shape to it though.

Hehe, I'm using American terms for wing and bonnet now. Must have been here too long!
      08-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #61
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

It's amazing to me that the new M3 is picked 3rd out of 5 cars in this review, especially considering how old the RS4 design is. Not good for BMW. Say what you want about Audi but the RS4 motor was an incredible feat at the time and is holding up just fine against the competition. 0-150 times for the RS4 were amazingly close to the M3 considering drivetrain loss due to all wheel drive. Now that Audi is repositioning their motors farther behind the front wheels, they will handle better in all aspects. The new RS4 with a bump in horsepower may be scary car indeed. The Cayman S with a bump in power and mileage will indeed be the ultimate driving machine.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 11:35 AM   #62
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
The Cayman S with a bump in power and mileage will indeed be the ultimate driving machine.
+1 on that since the Cayman S is an incredible driving machine even withouth a HP bump!

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 11:48 AM   #63
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
+1 on that since the Cayman S is an incredible driving machine even withouth a HP bump!

Best regards, south
If it only had a motor 3/4s as good as the the M3's, the choice would be way too simple. If fishes were wishes.....The M3 losing a couple hundred pounds, oh ya, the upcoming CSL, but likely not offered in the States. If wishes were fishes, we'd all have a great fry.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 12:00 PM   #64
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
The Cayman S with a bump in power and mileage will indeed be the ultimate driving machine.
Mmm, how ultimate will they make it if they still want to sell 911's?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 12:20 PM   #65
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
Mmm, how ultimate will they make it if they still want to sell 911's?
The 997 will get the bump in power first to ensure it stays ahead of the Cayman, at least in the Porshce-philes and buying publics mind. PAG knows how good the Cayman is so they refuse to give it an LSD and keep it underpowered in order to not infringe on their 997 profit cow.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 12:44 PM   #66
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
If it only had a motor 3/4s as good as the the M3's, the choice would be way too simple. If fishes were wishes.....The M3 losing a couple hundred pounds, oh ya, the upcoming CSL, but likely not offered in the States. If wishes were fishes, we'd all have a great fry.
That would be too easy... I would take the M3 anyway because of two more seats..

Quote:
The 997 will get the bump in power first to ensure it stays ahead of the Cayman, at least in the Porshce-philes and buying publics mind. PAG knows how good the Cayman is so they refuse to give it an LSD and keep it underpowered in order to not infringe on their 997 profit cow.
The rumour has it that the Cayman will be available with LSD after the facelift. But I don't believe that, this would destroy the 911...

Best regards, south

Last edited by southlight; 08-31-2007 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: sp
Appreciate 0