BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

09-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #199
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

2014 interior looks good to me.

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #200
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
I certainly am happy with my M. I test drove a GTR 3 times before choosing my M3 over it. I disagree on your statement about the interior, however. Have you seen the Egoist interior on the Japanese GTR? Quite up to par, actually. They just don't offer it in the US.
I would take n egoist interior over mine of it were a free upgrade

Absolutely fucking hideous
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #201
motortrend
Goldmember
Rep
Drives: EM Siree

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
I drove a 911turbo, R8v10, 430 scuderia, 458 italia and a GTR when I was in the market and bought the GTR specifically because it wasnt posh like the others. Money didnt matter, ive put 6 figures plus into my gtr in aftermarket parts. In a car like that I dont care what the interior is like nor did I want something like that. I wanted raw performance, the rest just didnt really matter to me.

the only thing i really didnt like about the GTR was the front seats so I swapped them out for a set of recaro sportsters and sold my stock seats for even money.

the guy in the orginal GTR life post was bitching about the leather in the back seats, all i could think about was wow we really bought the car for different reasons. He cares about how the the back seats feel on someones butt and i put a cage in mine. different strokes for different folks I guess
Not trying to go against you but I'm just curious why you would drop 6 figures on a car for raw performance when with about 20K you can do the same
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #202
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortrend View Post
Not trying to go against you but I'm just curious why you would drop 6 figures on a car for raw performance when with about 20K you can do the same
Simple reason. I wanted to build one car that could run 8.99s at the drag strip, approach 200 in the half mile and still be able to destroy just about anything on a road course. Once dialed in this new build will be capable of all of the above.

There really isn't any other platform that I know of that can do everything that I wanted at the level that I want.

Last year I spent 23 days road racing the car and made over 300 drag passes with it all while daily driving it in nice weather.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #203
motortrend
Goldmember
Rep
Drives: EM Siree

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
Simple reason. I wanted to build one car that could run 8.99s at the drag strip, approach 200 in the half mile and still be able to destroy just about anything on a road course. Once dialed in this new build will be capable of all of the above.

There really isn't any other platform that I know of that can do everything that I wanted at the level that I want.

Last year I spent 23 days road racing the car and made over 300 drag passes with it all while daily driving it in nice weather.
I understand where you're coming from, but you could have a dedicated road track car, dedicated drag car AND a super comfy daily driver for half of that money. If you have space constraints then yeah I definitely see the point but I still don't understand how people can spend the same amount of money their car cost (on mods) on a brand new car when they could be spending much less and doing the same.

On the other hand I do commend you for actually using the car for all its intended purposes and as a good all-rounder instead of some people that buy them, then spend ludicrous amounts of money to just trailer them to half mile events. Anyhow it's their money so they can do whatever.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #204
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
2014 interior looks good to me.

Agreed. A definite improvement.
      09-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #205
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Holy cow, those seats look amazing! Like something out of a Mercedes S or even a Bentley... wow.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #206
MienAce
gotAWD?
Rep
Drives: E85EvoIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by s65e90 View Post
And that's what makes BMW and m3 owners dicks.
sooooo true
      09-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #207
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
If you're bitching about the interior of a GTR, then don't buy it!
If you bought it and hate the interior, well then sell it because you bought the wrong car!
If you bought the GTR because you want a stock car to go from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and doesn't cost 7-figures, then you bought the right car!
From $90-$120k there's a lot of choice in both the new and used market, with at least 10 cars coming to mind and most of them are very different personalities. The GTR gets the most hate because it's Japanese and has a sub-par interior yet outperforms any car on the market and is reasonably priced.
Period. Most on here wont admit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexura1414 View Post
Yeah, if the GT-R was made by a European manufacturer, the hate would turn into a love fest.
+One Billion.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #208
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Holy cow, those seats look amazing! Like something out of a Mercedes S or even a Bentley... wow.
The seats look great .. not a fan of the two tone steering wheel though. It looks too showy/luxe for a sports car. I'll stick with the all black one.
      03-31-2014, 03:12 AM   #209
Ecliptic
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Frozen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post
Ok.

I can kill one part of your argument with this comment you made:

"proven engineering and innovation."

When the GTR was initially introduced, its benchmark was the 911 turbo..to out perform it.
It succeeded (At 75-80k lol brand new). Then magazines started upping the anty with higher end Pcars because the base 911 turbo at that time was essentially embarrassed.

"I'm not spending $100k+ on a Nissan."

This is a name brand..badge whore comment. Plain and simple.
Nissan is not Hyundai. Especially with Nissans Racing heritage (Yes, they have one too). Plus..im pretty sure someone who purchases a GTR can afford an M3.

"A GT3 is still considered one of the greatest handling cars in the world"

The GTR is steadying making its way towards that claim.
You harp alot on the GT3 when it wasnt even mentioned in this thread at all. We know you hate hearing any good thing about the GTR, but the GTR isnt going anywhere.

I think it will eventually catch the GT3 in handling.

Magic Johnson was (And Larry Bird) was THE man in the NBA. They were gods. They had pedigree(college, Championships), Went to the lakers, a legendary team, bird the celts..legendary team. They ruled the 80s. They had shoe deals with converse, magic is the best point guard in nba history, bird, one of the best 3pt shooters in nba history, not to mention playmaking etc.

Then came along a guy named "Micheal Jordan".

End of story.

See where im going with this?
@Mattixxg You mad bro? Yes you are. You clearly are a GT-R fan girl with your panties in a bunch because the GT-R (that which you don't own anyway) cannot command the attention and respect that a Porsche does. Even an M3 will grab more attention -Especially- with the Elite than a Nissan GT-R. I should know. The GT-R as great as it is, it's not the fastest or best car on the planet. If that were the case you would see Nissan dealers flooded with Lambo's, Ferrari's, Porsche's and *Cough* M3's. but they are not. And let's not forget that all the GT-R hype died down once the AMS Alpha GT-R got spanked by UGR's Lambo. Need I say more? AMS's owner now decided to build himself an Audi R8. I cannot tune my GT-R because it's leased. I even got a courtesy call from Nissan to sort of "remind" me that excess use of launch control can result in the cancellation of my factory warranty. And if I wanted to I can review their extended warranty programs. Well I wasn't planning on tracking the car. I leased it to see if it was worth owning long term. So far it's not looking that way. Yeah. Please don't make all JDM owners and drivers look like envious haters because we are not all like that. Some of us admire European cars just as much.

By the way you mentioned some really terrific Basketball players and you are correct in them being fantastic athletes. But now I have to ask you this.
Does Larry Bird, Magic Johnson or the Great Michael Jordan Drive a GT-R?
I should leave it at that and send you on your way but I really need
to add this. Were you aware that Michael Jordan's son drives a Frozen Grey M3 bought at Perillo BMW in Chicago. I'm sure he can easily say "Dad I want a GT-R, What do you say?" lol. Okay now you are dismissed. Mattixxg=
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #210
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecliptic View Post
@Mattixxg You mad bro? Yes you are. You clearly are a GT-R fan girl with your panties in a bunch because the GT-R (that which you don't own anyway) cannot command the attention and respect that a Porsche does. Even an M3 will grab more attention -Especially- with the Elite than a Nissan GT-R. I should know. The GT-R as great as it is, it's not the fastest or best car on the planet. If that were the case you would see Nissan dealers flooded with Lambo's, Ferrari's, Porsche's and *Cough* M3's. but they are not. And let's not forget that all the GT-R hype died down once the AMS Alpha GT-R got spanked by UGR's Lambo. Need I say more? AMS's owner now decided to build himself an Audi R8. I cannot tune my GT-R because it's leased. I even got a courtesy call from Nissan to sort of "remind" me that excess use of launch control can result in the cancellation of my factory warranty. And if I wanted to I can review their extended warranty programs. Well I wasn't planning on tracking the car. I leased it to see if it was worth owning long term. So far it's not looking that way. Yeah. Please don't make all JDM owners and drivers look like envious haters because we are not all like that. Some of us admire European cars just as much.

By the way you mentioned some really terrific Basketball players and you are correct in them being fantastic athletes. But now I have to ask you this.
to add this. Were you aware that Michael Jordan's son drives a Frozen Grey M3 bought at Perillo BMW in Chicago. I'm sure he can easily say "Dad I want a GT-R, What do you say?" lol. Okay now you are dismissed. Mattixxg=
Are you just resurrecting old GTR threads to troll and pick a fight? I don't give a shit about Porsche nor give them any attention or respect. And most of the "elite" don't care about an M3 either, a glorified 3 series. Most of the "elite" drive Ferraris and Lambos.

TT Gallardo? Whoopdie doo. Good luck with the repair bills once that gazillion horsepower Lambo motor self destructs

And seriously, we are now buying cars based on what Michael Jordan's son says? Yeah. I'm sure Junior Jordan is such a car guru
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 04:08 PM   #211
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 JzB E93 M3 & 2012 BE GTR

Quote:

I'm 100 % sure you do NOT drive a GTR with your ridiculous $799/month lease on a 2013 GTR and your wife/girlfriend definitely got fucked by a GTR owner. These are the only 2 things I can say with almost certainty about you, even though I don't know you at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 02:13 AM   #212
Ecliptic
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Are you just resurrecting old GTR threads to troll and pick a fight? I don't give a shit about Porsche nor give them any attention or respect. And most of the "elite" don't care about an M3 either, a glorified 3 series. Most of the "elite" drive Ferraris and Lambos.

TT Gallardo? Whoopdie doo. Good luck with the repair bills once that gazillion horsepower Lambo motor self destructs

And seriously, we are now buying cars based on what Michael Jordan's son says? Yeah. I'm sure Junior Jordan is such a car guru
Right Petros that's pretty much what all you butt hurt and "Broke" GT-R fanboys have to say about a car that leaves the Alpha GT-R sniffing Lambo Fumes before the world from like several semi-truck lengths. You cannot look at Porsche because your a HATER and it butt hurts a GT-R in looks and price alone and anyway it's out of your price range so why bother. Michael Jordan's sons since birth had more money than all your generations combined and the fact that one of them chose an M3 over a GT-R has you with your panties in a bunch and but all I can say is keep crying me a river By the way thanks for admitting that you are a butt hurt JDM fan boy who came to an M3 post in hopes to command some attention, then I showed up and sh!tted all over your pathetic existence . Have a Rice Day you clown.

I <3 HATERS

Petros=
Petros Girl dumped him and then got her pussy destroyed by some rich Porsche/Lambo hot shot maybe Justin Beiber? and now Petros is feeling quite
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 02:22 AM   #213
Ecliptic
Banned
United_States
Rep

I would never marry a sleazy woman that would lay with with an "average joe" JDM guy in the first place. Naw I need a high class boss lady that will surely smash an equally high class Audi, Bimmer, Porsche, Benz, Ferrari, or Lambo guy anytime. Yep. Sorry GT-R fans. But you have a really Rice time guys scratching each others butt. ; )

Last edited by Ecliptic; 04-01-2014 at 02:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #214
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I would never marry a sleazy woman that would lay with with an "average joe" JDM guy in the first place. Naw I need a high class boss lady that will surely smash an equally high class Audi, Bimmer, Porsche, Benz, Ferrari, or Lambo guy anytime. Yep. Sorry GT-R fans. But you have a really Rice time guys scratching each others butt. ; )
Why does your dumbass act like you own a Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc...... Dude, your sorry ass owns an M3! You do know that a GTR costs more than your "exotic" M3 right???? Earth to Etard..............come back from your delusional state and stop sniffing GTR exhaust fumes in your M3, you're beginning to hallucinate again and think your M3 is an "exotic"!!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #215
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep

Quote:

Did you REALLY just resurrect a necro thread I posted LAST YEAR?
I was going to respond. But it seems others have put you in check quite nicely.

What you can do is respond to my most RECENT (as in posts from THIS YEAR) threads.

In addition, that wasn't even a fanboy post. And everything I posted was based on facts....not fanboy dreams.

So..based on this old ass post of mine, "UMAD" at facts.

Last edited by mattixxg; 04-01-2014 at 05:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #216
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg
Quote:

What you can do is respond to my most RECENT (as in posts from THIS YEAR) threads.

In addition, that wasn't even a fanboy post. And everything I posted was based on facts....not fanboy dreams.

My thread, your post
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #217
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsal View Post
My thread, your post
lol my bad!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #218
Ecliptic
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketamine_Dart View Post
Why does your dumbass act like you own a Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc...... Dude, your sorry ass owns an M3! You do know that a GTR costs more than your "exotic" M3 right???? Earth to Etard..............come back from your delusional state and stop sniffing GTR exhaust fumes in your M3, you're beginning to hallucinate again and think your M3 is an "exotic"!!

Obviously you've been getting high on my M3 exhaust fumes, and the race fuel fumes from the Lambo that you were chasing on your bicycle (with the basket in front) while watching it butt hurt your favorite GT-R.

Because I never made any claims to owning a Ferrari or Lambo. If I could actually attain one I wouldn't be driving a GT-R. Now would I?
all I did was make a correction to your boyfriend's statement about my so
called girl (I mean which one anyway ) getting fucked by
a GT-R fan () Like I was saying all I said is that I would much rather go with a high class boss lady that will suck a good rich dick as opposed to one likely on the low end that would "settle" for some lame GT-R fan. Are you sober enough now to understand my point?

I guess this where I say Earth to R E T A R D? <

As always Ketamine_Fart =
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #219
Ecliptic
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post

Nope. Never mad bro. Don't believe that was your thread though. Anyhow I just responded accordingly based on how I read your facts. And I still have yet to see anyone putting me in check. (Pffff. I hope you weren't reffering to Ketamine_Fart or his girl Petros.) So far all I'm reading is a bunch of nonsense rants from a few butt hurt JDM and GT-R fans.

Later.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #220
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Obviously you've been getting high on my M3 exhaust fumes, and the race fuel fumes from the Lambo that you were chasing on your bicycle (with the basket in front) while watching it butt hurt your favorite GT-R.

Because I never made any claims to owning a Ferrari or Lambo. If I could actually attain one I wouldn't be driving a GT-R. Now would I?
all I did was make a correction to your boyfriend's statement about my so
called girl (I mean which one anyway ) getting fucked by
a GT-R fan () Like I was saying all I said is that I would much rather go with a high class boss lady that will suck a good rich dick as opposed to one likely on the low end that would "settle" for some lame GT-R fan. Are you sober enough now to understand my point?

I guess this where I say Earth to R E T A R D? <

As always Ketamine_Fart =
Lol there is nothing rich about your exotic M3 Dumbass, still delusional about your car's worth and bragging about your status based on what you drive! Hilarious!!!! So go home and play with your little poor wiener and drive the GTR on your Xbox!!!
Appreciate 0