BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
thegad
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3 (sold)

Question Swapping H&R Race springs back to stock, how to ensure they do it right?

Hey all,

Tomorrow I'm having a local installer (Sonic Motorsports very well reviewed) swap my H&R Race springs for stock (race springs are a bit much for the SF Bay Area). I have an E92 with EDC. Anything I should tell them ahead of time to be aware of or that I should check immediately afterwards to ensure it's done properly?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegad View Post
Hey all,

Tomorrow I'm having a local installer (Sonic Motorsports very well reviewed) swap my H&R Race springs for stock (race springs are a bit much for the SF Bay Area). I have an E92 with EDC. Anything I should tell them ahead of time to be aware of or that I should check immediately afterwards to ensure it's done properly?
Don't ask me how I know but its very easy to damage the rubber boots on either side of the rear control arm bushings (where the lower control arm meets the hub) I would check the boots for any tears before/after the install.

Beyond that theres not too much to go wrong. Confirm the springs are seated fully and the nuts on top of the front struts and rear shocks are tightened fully.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
thegad
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3 (sold)

Thanks, appreciate the tip!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Make sure they install the headlight leveling arm back the right way. The left rear arm can go on 2 ways. The wrong way will have your healights blinding everyone.
Appreciate 0