BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

12-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X6M Competition DG

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
My 360 Forged Experience E90 M3 SSII

Dear members,

Finally, my rims are scheduled to arrive next week. I have a couple of things I want to get off my chest about this particular 360Forged Experience. I am however going to wait how things pan out next week with my rims until I make my overall review. I will post pictures as well. Stay tuned. Thanks to those who helped me choose my rims.
      12-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

good or bad experiences ?

360 is DA BOMB!

BTW, I gotta ask, why start this thread if that is all your going to say?
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
magpie21
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
good or bad experiences ?

360 is DA BOMB!

BTW, I gotta ask, why start this thread if that is all your going to say?
+1

Why start a thread and not really say anything? I've been dealing with the guys at 360 over the past week or more and their customer service has been second to none.

In my view if you have something to say, say it and if not keep quiet! Sure we all have good and bad experiences with suppliers I'm not saying people won't have the off day with 360 or any other vendor, but to start this thread seems a bit pointless!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
Chico
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
Well lets see how things play out next weekend. If they keep their promises then all is well. Why am I going to bad mouth them now without giving them a chance.
      12-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #7
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
your not going to keep my quiet. dream on

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie21 View Post
+1

Why start a thread and not really say anything? I've been dealing with the guys at 360 over the past week or more and their customer service has been second to none.

In my view if you have something to say, say it and if not keep quiet! Sure we all have good and bad experiences with suppliers I'm not saying people won't have the off day with 360 or any other vendor, but to start this thread seems a bit pointless!
      12-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #8
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Yup, with all the wheels companies i have dealt with, they deff have the best customer serive, BY FAR!!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #9
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

From what I understand by ur comment, they probably promised u a date to be delivered and werent able to send them out by then. Sometimes u gotta just live with it and understand how busy they are. Trust me, this is coming from someone who cannot wait for anything. But I truly know they are stupid busy but have a great staff. They also told me they would try to get me my wheels by the end of this month having ordered them middle of november, but I am deff not holding my breath, nor would i question them, as long as my wheels get to me in perfect conditons and at a reasonabl;e time, im all for it
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #10
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
They are friendly people do deal with but I felt they dropped the ball on keeping me informed and returning phone calls. Perhaps they were busy or they simple forgot to call. Which ever the case may be, IMO it was unacceptable. For you...perhaps not. It's a matter of opinion.

One the plus side, they offered to take good care of me for now on and they promised my rims for next week. If things go well as planned, then all is well.
      12-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #11
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
I'm not a pushy guy. The people form 360 Forged can vouch for that. I wasn't constantly calling and be annoying. I just wanted some feedback and a call back when they said they would, that's all. Is that too much to ask for?

At any rate, I'm happy that they did call me and explained to me what they will do for me. I happy as of now. They promised my rims next week and I'm happy with that. I just hate promises that aren't kept. If you aren't sure then don't promise me.
      12-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #12
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchM3 View Post
They are friendly people do deal with but I felt they dropped the ball on keeping me informed and returning phone calls. Perhaps they were busy or they simple forgot to call. Which ever the case may be, IMO it was unacceptable. For you...perhaps not. It's a matter of opinion.

One the plus side, they offered to take good care of me for now on and they promised my rims for next week. If things go well as planned, then all is well.
No dont get me wrong brother, I totally understand u. Ur paying big money for these things and the last thing u want or need is no one keeping u informed or answering ur calls, trust me i know what its like. I orderd eibach springs from drivewire and will never, ever, deal with those guys again. I cant even believe they are still in business. Never answered the phone, kept me on hold for 40+ minutes and lied on top of that lol. But these guys are straight forward, I know even though they may b very busy its no excuse, but once in a while we gotta be patinet, as long as its reasonable.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #13
magpie21
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchM3 View Post
your not going to keep my quiet. dream on
Hey don't get me wrong mate, i'm not telling you to keep quiet, I'm just saying you may as well say what you gotta say regardless of whether things happen when you want em to or not.

From reading the rest of the post it seems that they've been a bit slack on the communication side of things with you, that's fair enough. When you spend this sort of money on something, it becomes a premium product and I'd expect premium service to go with it. They've been good with me so far but I'd feel the same as you if things start to slack.

It's just the way you started the thread sounded like something really major was wrong.

Good luck with the delivery, which ones did you choose in the end
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #14
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

I have mixed emotions about 360. Here's my scenario:

Ordered the Mesh 8's on 9/5 and was told they would be delivered in 3-4 weeks. Actually delivery occured on 11/6 after numerous delivery date promises that were not kept. The explanations for the delays were a difficult move to a new location, SEMA and finally they acted like I shouldn't have expected the wheels so quickly (even though that is what I was told at the time of order). There was a lack of follow through on promised communications and I had to follow-up to get answers.

Just before the delivery date, I was sent pics of the wheels and they were not Mesh 8's - the wheels were Mesh 10's. Jon was the person who sent the pics said he didn't notice that the wrong wheel had been made until I pointed it out to him! I still find that hard to believe. I decided to ultimately to take the wheels as I liked the look and they made a concession to compensate for the mix-up.

During my order I spec'd a 10" rear rim as I didn't want as large of a lip as shown in the Mesh 8 pics. I also went with Toyo T1-Rs rather than the Invo's as I know the T1-Rs and was unfamiliar with the Invos. The 285 T1-R rubbed and I went with a 275 to eliminate the rubbing. This is probably a better result as it retains the relative spread between front and rear widths so the amount of understeer does not increase. Purportedly, the T1-Rs run wider than the Invos but when you look at the Nitto and Toyo websites, the section width of the two tires is .006" different. Not much difference in my book. They offered to reconfigure the wheel to a 10.5" width in hopes of pulling the outside edge of the tire inward but I would have had to pick up the cost of this change. I ultimately went to a smaller tire size as it was the least expensive option. My point here is I had a rubbing problem on a custom set of wheels and they did anticipate the problem or at least did not communicate it to me.

In the end, I do like these wheels and I get lots of compliments. All of my conversations with Jon, Jordan and Miguel were cordial and they appeared supportive but they did not always do what they promised without multiple follow-ups on my part. So my buying experience was not exceptional for sure.

BC
      12-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #15
camaross305
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

This is my third set of wheels from 360.

Let me tell you they are a great group of guys. They aren't huge like HRE etc. They make sick wheels and put in a ton of effort into every wheel. theyr'e wheels are top notch and their customer service is 2nd to none. I think we all get a little impatient about waiting for our wheels to get done Ill admit im guilty of that.

But 8 weeks is pretty fast for a custom made wheel made to your specs. Try and do that with HRE. The only reason why some people get their HRE's faster is because they are already made sitting in a warehouse and it still takes almost 8 weeks to get them to you!! My friend had to actually had a set of wheels cut for his car from HRE and it took 16 weeks!!!! Not to metnion the customer service is crap.

So give 360 break. They are turning out amazing wheels with top notch quality.

I know how you feel we just have to be a little more patient. What helped me waiting for the wheels was one day i went over by there shop to look at some of the wheels in person and within 5 minutes im not even kidding about 30-45 people called asking when their wheels were going to be ready. And a lot of them only placed their order about 2 weeks before that!!! I was like wow now i know how they feel i would of flipped out!! But Jordan and Miguel picked up every phone call and they were very calm and attented to everyones needs.

Barry C i know how you feel. I went over to their shop as they were moving and it was crazy. They are def. moving up. It was alot of work when they were moving and going to SEMA etc. I ordered my wheels at the same time they were doing all this lol. But also you have to understand they never usually use T1R's so im sure the rubbing was a suprise to them to. But you requested that tire so what are they suposed to do? Also you asked them to make a different offset with a 10'' wide wheel without taking measurements on your car or an m3. Im sure they did the best they could with what they had but its kinda difficult to measure without having the car on hand to try a new offset. Im sure Jordan and the Gang will make it right in the end.

User name lmims526894rou

Or contact me at chrism9551@aol.com
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #16
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaross305 View Post
This is my third set of wheels from 360.

Let me tell you they are a great group of guys. They aren't huge like HRE etc. They make sick wheels and put in a ton of effort into every wheel. theyr'e wheels are top notch and their customer service is 2nd to none. I think we all get a little impatient about waiting for our wheels to get done Ill admit im guilty of that.

But 8 weeks is pretty fast for a custom made wheel made to your specs. Try and do that with HRE. The only reason why some people get their HRE's faster is because they are already made sitting in a warehouse and it still takes almost 8 weeks to get them to you!! My friend had to actually had a set of wheels cut for his car from HRE and it took 16 weeks!!!! Not to metnion the customer service is crap.

So give 360 break. They are turning out amazing wheels with top notch quality.

I know how you feel we just have to be a little more patient. What helped me waiting for the wheels was one day i went over by there shop to look at some of the wheels in person and within 5 minutes im not even kidding about 30-45 people called asking when their wheels were going to be ready. And a lot of them only placed their order about 2 weeks before that!!! I was like wow now i know how they feel i would of flipped out!! But Jordan and Miguel picked up every phone call and they were very calm and attented to everyones needs.

Barry C i know how you feel. I went over to their shop as they were moving and it was crazy. They are def. moving up. It was alot of work when they were moving and going to SEMA etc. I ordered my wheels at the same time they were doing all this lol. But also you have to understand they never usually use T1R's so im sure the rubbing was a suprise to them to. But you requested that tire so what are they suposed to do? Also you asked them to make a different offset with a 10'' wide wheel without taking measurements on your car or an m3. Im sure they did the best they could with what they had but its kinda difficult to measure without having the car on hand to try a new offset. Im sure Jordan and the Gang will make it right in the end.

I got my HRE p40's right when they came out in M3 specs and it took 3 weeks. 8 weeks? Dont think so. Make it right in the end? Their rims are insanely overpriced and they cant even deliver them when they say they will. It is not ok to not quote an accurate timeframe. How the fuck hard is it to figure out. Lets see if it takes 3-4 weeks to make them and another week to ship them thats 4-5 weeks. Tell the customer 6-7 weeks to be safe. Most likely the rims will arrive early based on overquoting the timeframe and you have happy customers. Simple.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 01:44 PM   #17
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan(e92) View Post
I got my HRE p40's right when they came out in M3 specs and it took 3 weeks. 8 weeks? Dont think so. Make it right in the end? Their rims are insanely overpriced and they cant even deliver them when they say they will. It is not ok to not quote an accurate timeframe. How the fuck hard is it to figure out. Lets see if it takes 3-4 weeks to make them and another week to ship them thats 4-5 weeks. Tell the customer 6-7 weeks to be safe. Most likely the rims will arrive early based on overquoting the timeframe and you have happy customers. Simple.
INSANELY OVERPRICED?

And HREs are not ?

Uh huh, but your HRE p40's were probably being made or already made when you got them ( I dont doubt you got them right away). But if you called HRE today and ordered wheels, specific to your desires and to your car. I am 100% sure you wouldn't have them within 3 weeks, let alone 8 weeks!

However, your right about one thing...they should be more realistic about their timeframes for delivery of their wheels to their customers. You are 100000% right about that.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #18
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I hear what you're saying but isn't reasonable to expect that at the time of order that potential issues would have been discussed? Further, when I spec'd a 10" rim, supposedly it was checked with their engineers and was told everything was ok. I was given the impression that they could accomodate changes i.e., a custom wheel. If I had wanted a standard rim, I would have ordered BBS wheels from Tirerack. Given the minimal differences in the section width of the two tires - I think the real issue is they did not anticipate that a 10" rim width would not pull the outside edge of the tire in far enough to clear the fender.

The basic issue is they overpromise and underdeliver to some extent. Granted some of this could be due to growth but you know what? Most customers don't care about a vendor's problems - they care about results. Quite frankly, 360 is better at marketing their product than producing and delivering it.

So anyone who buys a 360 wheel needs to understand that they will most likely encounter some frustration along the way. This comment is based on my experience as well as that of another person on this board who I've had on-going PMs regarding their order. Now we have the post from the OP as another data point.

Is the end product worth it? To most buyers the answer is probably yes but it will be depend on one's tolerance/expectations of a vendor's performance.

BC
      12-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #19
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan(e92) View Post
HRE are probably among the if not THE most overpriced wheels on the market. I had them on my Porsche 997 and they were great rims don't get me wrong. But if I were to price out a set of HRE and 360 wheels in the same sizes the HRE at the current pricing/offers available are more costly than 360.
2022 992 GTS| 7MT | Shark Blue
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #20
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
HRE are probably among the if not THE most overpriced wheels on the market. I had them on my Porsche 997 and they were great rims don't get me wrong. But if I were to price out a set of HRE and 360 wheels in the same sizes the HRE at the current pricing/offers available are more costly than 360.
Totally agree with this....

BC
      12-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #21
camaross305
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
I hear what you're saying but isn't reasonable to expect that at the time of order that potential issues would have been discussed? Further, when I spec'd a 10" rim, supposedly it was checked with their engineers and was told everything was ok. I was given the impression that they could accomodate changes i.e., a custom wheel. If I had wanted a standard rim, I would have ordered BBS wheels from Tirerack. Given the minimal differences in the section width of the two tires - I think the real issue is they did not anticipate that a 10" rim width would not pull the outside edge of the tire in far enough to clear the fender.

The basic issue is they overpromise and underdeliver to some extent. Granted some of this could be due to growth but you know what? Most customers don't care about a vendor's problems - they care about results. Quite frankly, 360 is better at marketing their product than producing and delivering it.

So anyone who buys a 360 wheel needs to understand that they will most likely encounter some frustration along the way. This comment is based on my experience as well as that of another person on this board who I've had on-going PMs regarding their order. Now we have the post from the OP as another data point.

Is the end product worth it? To most buyers the answer is probably yes but it will be depend on one's tolerance/expectations of a vendor's performance.

BC
Sorry to hear you had some probs...... i guess it helps that i have built a relationship with the guys at 360 and i know what to expect.

Like i said they aren't a big company like HRE and i think Jordan wants to keep it that way. The downside is every set of rims is built to spec. Im sure HRE has a bunch of p40's etc. sitting in a ware house already made for the m3...... so thats the difference

In the end you cant make every customer happy and im sorry to see you had some probs Barry C. Hopefully you be able to enjoy the wheels now that its all said and done though

User name lmims526894rou

Or contact me at chrism9551@aol.com
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #22
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear you had some probs...... i guess it helps that i have built a relationship with the guys at 360 and i know what to expect.

Like i said they aren't a big company like HRE and i think Jordan wants to keep it that way. The downside is every set of rims is built to spec. Im sure HRE has a bunch of p40's etc. sitting in a ware house already made for the m3...... so thats the difference

In the end you cant make every customer happy and im sorry to see you had some probs Barry C. Hopefully you be able to enjoy the wheels now that its all said and done though
Maybe I'm misinterpreting your comments but it appears that your implying that I'm somehow at fault either because I lack a relationship, I can't be made happy or that I expected a custom wheel to work with a particular tire selection (isn't that the point of custom setup?).

As I've stated in another post - I've purchased a ton of aftermarket parts over the past 8 years and I've seen both very good and very bad customer service/execution. My purpose of posting here is to state my experience with 360.

Based on my experience, I can't put 360 in the "very good" column where I could recommend them without hesitation. For example - how do you go almost 8 weeks and not realize that you made the wrong wheel and the customer had to point it out to you? Thank God they sent pics prior to shipping!

In the end what kept them off my s**t list was their attitude and willingness to correct problems. But you have to be patient - that's for sure.

BC