BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

BPM
View Poll Results: Are you going to watch Lebron signing Special on Espn?
Yes 15 45.45%
No 15 45.45%
Maybe 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

07-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Bosh + Wade to Miami... Will you watch Lebron Special?

Well.. It looks like it is settled. Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade are going to Miami... Lebron is making his decision after an hour long special on ESPN at 9 pm tomorrow (Thurs, 7/8/10)

All proceeds from the special will be going to Boys and Girls Club of America.. Will you watch?

Last edited by NYCGarbagePrince; 07-07-2010 at 07:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

I wish I could get into team sports, I really do... I just don't understand the appeal, especially professional basketball which has turned to a show-boating dunk fest with only a handful of overpaid, supremely cocky dudes scoring the points in every game.. Personally, I'd rather watch professional bowling. 80+ games per season? Really? Fuck... cut the season by 60% and then it might be somewhat interesting.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but here in Chicago it's getting exhausting listening to all of the sports casters on the news fucking loosing it over the thought that he might be coming here.

They all claim that it could be good for the "city" if he ends up here (to the tune of $2.7 billion), but seeing as how Chicago is one of the most corrupt cities in the nation the "city" will just end up squandering any revenue his presence brings, so that makes the net/net benefit to me Z-E-R-O. Therefore I don't give a shit.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I wish I could get into team sports, I really do... I just don't understand the appeal, especially professional basketball which has turned to a show-boating dunk fest with only a handful of overpaid, supremely cocky dudes scoring the points in every game.. Personally, I'd rather watch professional bowling.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but here in Chicago it's getting exhausting listening to all of the sports casters on the news fucking loosing it over the thought that he might be coming here.

They all claim that it could be good for the "city" if he ends up here (to the tune of $2.7 billion), but seeing as how Chicago is one of the most corrupt cities in the nation the "city" will just end up squandering any revenue his presence brings, so that makes the net/net benefit to me Z-E-R-O. Therefore I don't give a shit.
He won't end up in Chicago.
      07-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Feyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
He won't end up in Chicago.
I know... even more of a reason for everyone here to STFU!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #5
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
I wish I could get into team sports, I really do... I just don't understand the appeal, especially professional basketball which has turned to a show-boating dunk fest with only a handful of overpaid, supremely cocky dudes scoring the points in every game.. Personally, I'd rather watch professional bowling. 80+ games per season? Really? Fuck... cut the season by 60% and then it might be somewhat interesting.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

I hope he plans on announcing that he is gifting me 10% of his new contract's value.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
Feyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
LULZ!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:

I take it you don't like baseball either...

I won't watch. I'll just wait for the news or wait for the scoreboard update on my drive in the next day. I think he'll stay in Cleveland and lose for another 3 years
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
Feyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
I take it you don't like baseball either...

I won't watch. I'll just wait for the news or wait for the scoreboard update on my drive in the next day. I think he'll stay in Cleveland and lose for another 3 years
I'll watch baseball (at the parks only). Though I'll typically just get drunk on $9 beer and start heckling the people around me once I'm there. Went to the Cubs/Dodgers game a few weeks back and stood on one of the rooftops with a bunch of friends. In total I might have watched 10 minutes of the game.. and a lot of that was the National Anthem..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:54 AM   #10
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
LOL typical Cubs game attendee

Whenever I go I try my hardest to watch the game but there's always so many hot chicks there it gets hard to concentrate on anything other than boobies
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #11
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Quote:

Whenever I go I try my hardest to watch the game but there's always so many hot chicks there it gets hard to concentrate on anything other than boobies
Try tugging it before the game... I heard it helps.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #12
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
LOL maybe go jerk it into the troughs they have for urinals...

At least last time I went I had some busty accompaniment so I could watch the game and "explain baseball" to the clevage.

BTM Pro-tip: 20yr olds with big tits don't know about sabermetrics, and despite what they say have no interest in learning any of them, even if they are "taking a statistics class next semester". It's better to just notice her nail polish and say it looks good or something, then she'll start telling you about it and you can watch the game/boobs

Last edited by BTM; 07-07-2010 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #13
Feyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Na... I've done the same at Met/Yankee/Dodger/Cardinal games. The only loyalty I have is to the dudes who bring the beer and hotdogs right to my seat.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #14
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
LOL don't get me wrong wasn't knocking you, but at Cubs games there do seem like there are more people there just to be there and drink as opposed to watch baseball - as evidenced by the amount of people who get up to get beer/food when we're on defense. I guess offense is more exciting but personally I like to watch pitchers duels. For contrast, when I go to Sox games it seems more people are there to actually watch baseball and watch all aspects of the games, not just cheer when someone gets a hit.

Of course I'm not one of those who gets all pissed about it (like my dad does - he's a Sox fan), you paid for your ticket go there and enjoy it however you like to, if the game is secondary to you that doesn't bother me as long as you're not stopping me from watching it. I like watching baseball with Sox fans more, the only annoying thing is even if they're not playing the Cubs, they do seem to have more a "second team" mentality and always seem to take shots at the Cubs. Seems kind of fruitless IMO, why worry about dissing the Cubs when the game on is Sox/A's or something
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #15
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
This shit is getting ridiculous haha.

I'll watch cuz I live in Cleveland but does he really need to do an hour long show? If it's an hour long dagger to Cleveland's chest he better be building a 40' wall around his house complete with a moat full of great white sharks and a draw bridge cuz he's going to be hated for a damn long time around here if he leaves with an hour long fuck you cleveland.

I also like Bosh. "Well huh, I didn't know if LeBron was staying so huh I had to make the best decision for my family and me." STFU, LBJ had been trying to get you on board to come to Cleveland for weeks if not longer. Toronto had a deal in place for Bosh to make $30mil more in a sign and trade and he walked acting like he didn't know much about it which we all know is a joke.

Best quote was this, "I have nothing official from anyone," Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo said in a text message to the AP. Watch Bosh take back his words and jump ship on Miami. He'd rather suck LBJ's dick then Wade's.

The NBA is getting a little disgusting. Overpaid (insert what you want here).

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #16
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
At this point I think he'll stay in Cleveland. Bosh however was adamant about not wanting to play/live here, he wanted Miami or Chicago and after Wade didn't make any moves after his second meeting with the Bulls I guess they worked out playing together in Miami. Additionally, there is a lot of info in this thread

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400921
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #17
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

ESPN might have exclusive rights to the biggest sports story in years, but they paid a hefty price - or won't be able to charge a hefty price.

LeBron's crew had some restrictions for ESPN as part of their arraingement.

* First, ESPN does not know what the decision will be and won't know before hand. The location also has not been released, but something tells me it will be in Bristol, CT where ESPN is located.
* Secondly, ESPN is NOT allowed to sell advertising for the 1-hour Primetime event. Instead, LeBron's marketing company - LRMR I suppose - can sell sponsorships with all proceeds going to the Boys and Girls Club of America.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #18
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
This shit is getting ridiculous haha.

I'll watch cuz I live in Cleveland but does he really need to do an hour long show? If it's an hour long dagger to Cleveland's chest he better be building a 40' wall around his house complete with a moat full of great white sharks and a draw bridge cuz he's going to be hated for a damn long time around here if he leaves with an hour long fuck you cleveland.

I also like Bosh. "Well huh, I didn't know if LeBron was staying so huh I had to make the best decision for my family and me." STFU, LBJ had been trying to get you on board to come to Cleveland for weeks if not longer. Toronto had a deal in place for Bosh to make $30mil more in a sign and trade and he walked acting like he didn't know much about it which we all know is a joke.

Best quote was this, "I have nothing official from anyone," Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo said in a text message to the AP. Watch Bosh take back his words and jump ship on Miami. He'd rather suck LBJ's dick then Wade's.

The NBA is getting a little disgusting. Overpaid (insert what you want here).
So, do you think he is still staying in Cleveland or bouncing to another team?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #19
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I think the fact that there's a show is more evidence that he's staying. I hope I'm wrong though, maybe it could be an hour long explanation of why he's leaving, but I don't think that plays as well as an hour long reaffirmation of his hometown
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #20
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
If he stays he will not win a ring. The best thing he can do for himself is leave Cleveland.

I think if he does leave, he should say the reason is because of that crappy music video that was made. lol
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #21
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
I think the fact that there's a show is more evidence that he's staying. I hope I'm wrong though, maybe it could be an hour long explanation of why he's leaving, but I don't think that plays as well as an hour long reaffirmation of his hometown
I think he is actually leaving. He will probably make a huge speech about how much he loves Cleveland and thank them for everything bla bla. I hope he joins the Knicks or Bulls. If he goes to the Heat then it's pretty much over for the league.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #22
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I hope you're right and he goes to the Bulls. IMO he's kinda just treading water in anything but a major market, given the goals he's set for himself. We'll find out tomorrow
Appreciate 0