BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

06-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

holy shit @ usc

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/11/sp...sc.html?src=mv
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Meh.

We all knew what happened, just not sure if the NCAA had the stones/smoking gun needed. Glad to see they followed through.

In other news, Michigan cheated too. But they couldn't win a game even when they did cheat so.... I guess it would be better to be USC at this point.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

http://ncaa.pr-optout.com/ViewAttach...MlzU0JhqOeU%3d
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Wowzzers
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
my92
Rep
n/a
Drives:

my senior year too...arghghghghghghg y couldn't it be next year!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #6
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

thats one reason not to go to usc lol
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I am student-athlete 1.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #8
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep

and the big 12 is about to implode today
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #9
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

They're going to appeal it which will probably postpone the sanctions until the appeals process is over; USC can most definitely afford the legal fees to drag this one out for a long ass time.

On a side note, after seeing all of this, I have this thought in my head that perhaps Pete's move was a calculated one, maybe he knew more than everyone else and suspected that the NCAA would bring down these harsh sanctions.
      06-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #10
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
It has begun, Colorado already agreed to the PAC-10; I've heard that Texas an Texas Tech are about to jump on the bandwagon was well.
      06-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #11
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

arty0030 :

As a Buckeye fan this is just great. Everyone knew it was going on anyway. Man they got slammed though. Before people start talking about OSU losing two championship games they shouldn't have been in etc.. please keep in mind is was the USC faithful who were demanding OSU relinquish it's national championship title from the allegations Maurice Claret made about the Buckeyes athletic program. It was also USC who went back in history and reviewed the AP polls then awarded themselves two more national championships.

All major programs are corrupt at some level or another. We all know it. Just keep your damn mouth shut about it and we can all be entertained, the universities can rake in millions, and a few players will walk into multi-million dollar contracts solidifying financial security for generations to come (if they are smart about it).

It's USC's shocking arrogance allowing things as transparent as Snopp d - oh - double G throwing your starting quarterback a birthday party that just makes this so much sweeter.

It is actually kinda sad, because of this many legit players, coaches, staff, etc... who took no part in this nor saw any benefit from it will have their efforts officially erased by the actions of a few. I guess that's the real tragedy here.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #12
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
It has begun, Colorado already agreed to the PAC-10; I've heard that Texas an Texas Tech are about to jump on the bandwagon was well.
Oklahoma, OK. State and texas A&M might as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #13
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post

arty0030 :

As a Buckeye fan this is just great. Everyone knew it was going on anyway. Man they got slammed though. Before people start talking about OSU losing two championship games they shouldn't have been in etc.. please keep in mind is was the USC faithful who were demanding OSU relinquish it's national championship title from the allegations Maurice Claret made about the Buckeyes athletic program. It was also USC who went back in history and reviewed the AP polls then awarded themselves two more national championships.

All major programs are corrupt at some level or another. We all know it. Just keep your damn mouth shut about it and we can all be entertained, the universities can rake in millions, and a few players will walk into multi-million dollar contracts solidifying financial security for generations to come (if they are smart about it).

It's USC's shocking arrogance allowing things as transparent as Snopp d - oh - double G throwing your starting quarterback a birthday party that just makes this so much sweeter.

It is actually kinda sad, because of this many legit players, coaches, staff, etc... who took no part in this nor saw any benefit from it will have their efforts officially erased by the actions of a few. I guess that's the real tragedy here.

-BMW2006
They didn't just lose two BCS championships they shouldn't have been in, they got dominated in two BCS championships they shouldn't have been in.

I'm sure if the tables were turned and it was Ohio State who got caught with all this dirty laundry, it wouldn't even make the news...outside of Ohio at least.

USC are the ones who got caught, so they will pay, someday, but I still think they'll start a long drawn out appeals process that won't see the sanctions take effect for a few years.
      06-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #14
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919059

Yep, I know it's not SI, but no one reads ESPN magazine outside of Ohio?

It was national news, and College game day was respectfully asked not to come the week after they ran the article. I think they went to Idaho instead of the OSU Vs. Michigan game. Like I said, all major programs are up to something. Just take your lumps and hope the appeals succeed and don't ruin the careers of the players who are playing now, who had nothing to do with this.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #15
dirtyylicous
Swagger on a trillion
Rep
Drives: IS300

Sucks for USC.

I swear if the big ten tries to invade the big east ill flip. Dont care about football but in basketball i love the conference and dont want any teams to go
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919059

Yep, I know it's not SI, but no one reads ESPN magazine outside of Ohio?

It was national news, and College game day was respectfully asked not to come the week after they ran the article. I think they went to Idaho instead of the OSU Vs. Michigan game. Like I said, all major programs are up to something. Just take your lumps and hope the appeals succeed and don't ruin the careers of the players who are playing now, who had nothing to do with this.

-BMW2006
Sorry, I forgot to use my sarcasm font with the news comment. I do hope USC handles this well, if not, they can kiss the #1 recruiting class goodbye for years to come. I don't think it'll affect the players who are on the team now, their skills and character can do the talking.

On a sidenote, I think the whole amateurism legislation is a bunch of red tape bs. The fact of the matter is, these companies and celebrities are going to support/endorse/pay/whatever you wanna call it the star athletes of the game regardless of school. The way I see it, if a college student wants to make a few bucks...er...few million on the side from an outside party not affiliated with the school they are attending, then let em, unless of course it is illegal activity.
      06-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #17
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Good luck with the appeals.... As FSU's recent headbutting with the NCAA should show, one they make up their minds, you have no hope of changing it.
      06-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #18
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

As a long time UMich fan, this made my day. So much so that it alleviates the pains of the current Michigan football program.
      06-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #19
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
haha fuck USC.
U SUCK COCK
      06-11-2010, 05:14 AM   #20
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Oklahoma, OK. State and texas A&M might as well.
A&M has their signing pen out. I feel bad for Baylor since they are turning FB around and their BB program is strong and baseball is improving too. Nebraska is gone so this should just be a matter of weeks to be a done deal.
How far is it from Texas to Seattle?

I saw Pete do a web cam thing on the verdict. IMO he sounded like a used car salesman who got caught selling a lemon.

I like those sweaters the USC cheerleaders wear.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 08:35 AM   #21
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Yeah I can't believe what's happened there.... It boggles my mind, really. It's not like CUSA broke up and split for bigger conferences; this is the Big 12 we're talking about....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
As a long time UMich fan, this made my day. So much so that it alleviates the pains of the current Michigan football program.
Well maybe a bit, but:
1) USC didn't cheat and still suck
2) They did away with the cancers in their program (ours are still standing tall). In fact, we scapegoated people who just did what they were told and let the biggest offenders stay.
3) They won't take long to recover, if this even hits them hard at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I saw Pete do a web cam thing on the verdict. IMO he sounded like a used car salesman who got caught selling a lemon.
Yeah essentially, that's what a college coach is these days.... You have to sell the school. And with the "norm" being straight up violation of rules, it's not about staying clean as possible, it's about not getting caught.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #22
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]