BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

EXXEL Distributions

08-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Max74
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 SG E92 M3

Skyline Drive (and surrounding roads)

You guys in VA are quite lucky. I'm from NJ and I was on a road trip this week through WV, VA, and NC (no, I didn't get a chance to make it to the Tail of the Dragon).

VA was my favorite place by far, especially western VA (for many reasons). I didn't get a lot of time to explore, but I was able to follow a route this morning that took me on 33W to Skyline Drive to 211E. I was smiling the whole time

While you have to take it easy on Skyline Drive (35 mph speed limit), I was okay with that because for that stretch of the route I really just wanted to relax and casually enjoy the scenery and take a leisurely drive (and at 9 am on a Thursday morning, my entire route was basically devoid of any other cars). And as a bonus, there was even a short tunnel towards the end (as I approached 211) where I dropped down to 2nd and put my foot down

Here are some pics I took along Skyline Drive. I don't have the greatest camera and it was a bit overcast so they're not the best shots.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
Jamerikan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Yea, there are some really nice roads here. WV have even nicer ones, IMO, mostly due to the mountainous regions going from the eastern panhandle into the central parts. Glad you safely enjoyed it.
Appreciate 0