BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

10-25-2007, 10:00 AM   #45
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Plymouth Volare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
LOL...

Many of you are forgetting the whole premis of the 135i ..!

It's ment to be a smaller, more agile, "tossible" car..!

-Garrett
If that's the premise then BMW has missed their mark. It is only slightly smaller than the 335i and it is barely lighter, therefore it is barely any more tossable than the 335i. The 335i is lower btw.

You 1 series fanboys are ignoring factory specs and making things up.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #46
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroday View Post
If that's the premise then BMW has missed their mark. It is only slightly smaller than the 335i and it is barely lighter, therefore it is barely any more tossable than the 335i. The 335i is lower btw.

haha dont lump us all togehter. Lets wait for a top gear comparo. No matter what I think its a cool car and for bmw to offer it at a 6K lower starting price and give it a couple of cool features you cant get on the 335 is nice.

If the weight thing proves really only be around 88 pounds so be it. I have driven the 335 and I am waiting to drive the 135. That experiance will tell me which one to get. It's not a financial desicion for me at least.

They are both cool cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 10:22 AM   #47
gloster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i MT, sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikes111 View Post
The weight on BMW's site is a mistake. There's no way in hell this car is 500 pounds more than the 128i!!
+1. If you look at the numbers for the 128i and 335 in both AT and MT, clearly there is an error.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #48
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
The way I look at it is the more N54's being deployed, the better! Will make it more manageable as far as repair/maintenance etc.
Good Point...
      10-25-2007, 11:44 AM   #49
ogrady
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 09 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikes111 View Post
confirmed: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1960

will be a factory-replacement LSD under the perfromance products program
also some pricing estimate and other options info in there
That silver coupe looks nice!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 11:46 AM   #50
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

I will hold my breath on the LSD. Hopefully our many requests have begun to have an effect.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #51
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
LOL...

Many of you are forgetting the whole premis of the 135i ..!

It's ment to be a smaller, more agile, "tossible" car..! It's a BMW clubsport mentality that the grosely oversized e90 cannot duplicate.

Hell, the e46 was getting a little on the BIG side, the e90 is just too large for sportiness. It's too long and elegant.

Learn what the BMW engineers put into this car, both in design and performance before you think the 335i is a big brother to this smaller beasty! There not even the same car when it comes to handling. The first clue is the 6-pot Brembos up front... the 335i doesn't even offer this.

Some of you need to get a clue and READ..!

I believe you may be the one who needs to "get a clue and read" unless you believe that a car with a shorter stouter wheelbase and a higher center of gravity is going to handle better. Shorter wheel bases will turn in faster, but unless the are considerably lighter or lower they will handle worse.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 02:26 PM   #52
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:

Zero,

Stop just assuming stuff and go read or watch the engineering video about the 135i. The suspension and handling characteristics are different than the 335i.

It is a more "tuned" suspension than the 335i, it has a more e30 feel to it than a bigger, sloppier 335. Size alone isn't why this car is more agile, nor is it because of it's leaner diet..!

Your basing all your ignorant post based on specs, but we know that those can only tell half the story. Thee "feel" and mauverability isn't found on the spec sheet. Go pick up the lastest EVO magazine and read the "best M Car" article a couple of times to get an idea of how specs don't mean EVERYTHING.

Yes, on papaer, the 135i doesn't look that much different. But you don't drive a car from a spec sheet, but from behind a wheel..!

BMW's engineers have repeatedly said they worked hard in bring back the feel and dynamics of the older more "driveable" cars. Their resurecting the DNA from earlier models. You keep hanging your head on how it only marginally lighter and shorter.. etc. So.. The e46 was smaller shorter and BETTER than the e90..!

I suggest you goto BMW-TV and learn a few things before you keep spewing more ignorance.

-Garrett

Last edited by Garrett; 10-29-2007 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #53
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
I believe you may be the one who needs to "get a clue and read" unless you believe that a car with a shorter stouter wheelbase and a higher center of gravity is going to handle better. Shorter wheel bases will turn in faster, but unless the are considerably lighter or lower they will handle worse.
How do you know it has a higher center of gravity..? Just because it's taller..? What if BMW has more mass lower in the frame than the 335..? The new M3 has a CF roof to lower the center-of-gravity, yet almost everyone who drives it still misses the feeling of the e36,e46 M3.

You keep looking solely at the stats and not at why and how BMW made this car..! BMW themselves have repeatedly said this car will be more agil, more tossible.... More like their earlier gen 3 series. Since the 3 series have now become too big for that type of driving.

So argue with them, not me..!

-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 02:37 PM   #54
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
You keep looking solely at the stats
In the future I will base my assumptions on rumors and possible offhand comments from BMW representatives that have proved to be wrong often. Based on our discussion I feel this is a much more accurate way to foresee a cars performance.

Your basically claiming BMW plans on building a faster and better handling car for cheaper. I am crazy? Also don't start saying "But the 335 is as fast as last years M3" because it cant handle anywhere near as well.

BMW is not in the business of doing what you claim, no company is.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 02:41 PM   #55
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

damn i want those brakes that BMW FINALLY STARTED PUTTING COVERS ON

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #56
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Zero,

Stop just assuming stuff and go read or watch the Engineering video about the 135i. The suspension and handling characteristics are different than the 335i.

It is a more tuned suspension than the 335i, it has a more e30 feel to it than a bigger, sloppier 335. Size alone isn't why this car is more agile, nor is it because of it's leaner diet..!

Your basing all your ignorant post based on specs, but we know that those can only tell helf the story. Thee "feel" and mauverability isn't found on the spec sheet. Go pick up the lastest EVO magazine and read the Best M article a couple of times to gwet an idea of how specs don't mean EVERYTHING.

Yes, on papaer, the 135i doesn't look that much different. But you don't drive a car from a spec sheet, but from behind a wheel..!

BMW's engineers have repeatedly said they worked hard in bring back the fell and dynamics of the older more "driveable" cars. Their resurecting the DNA from earlier models. You keep hanging your head on how it only marginally lighter and shorter.. etc. So.. The e46 was smaller shorter and BETTER than the e90..!

I suggest you goto BMW-TV and learn a few things before you keep spewing more ignorance.

-Garrett

I stopped reading this post at 'ignorant' Fanboi much?

"-Zeroday"

^^ kinda dumb signing posts since your name is above your avatar no? just goes along with all the other annoying things you post i guess.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 02:57 PM   #57
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

IMO the 135 is targeting a more enthusiast-oriented buyer. BMW will try and make it a more fun car to drive. That said, there are key constraints on how well that objective can be realized. 3400 lbs is not what I have in mind for a fun, tossable, sweet handling car. It is not going to be a 35k Cayman. I am waiting on the Z2 M, which, if the rumors of a 2300 lbs. weight are accurate, has a lot more promise as a Lotus mimic.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 02:58 PM   #58
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

What are you naysayers going to say when/if the 135i does prove to be a better driver than the 335i????
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 03:37 PM   #59
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
What are you naysayers going to say when/if the 135i does prove to be a better driver than the 335i????
"cool"

And I'm sure it will be to some degree. Just not to the degree you guys are hoping it will. I have no vested interest in this other than being annoyed when people ignore facts and fall victim to clever marketing.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 03:46 PM   #60
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
"cool"

And I'm sure it will be to some degree. Just not to the degree you guys are hoping it will. I have no vested interest in this other than being annoyed when people ignore facts and fall victim to clever marketing.
I have no vested interest either considering I'm opting for the ///M. Normal 3-series cars just aren't doing it for me. I've been tainted by previous ///M3 ownership. In any case, all of the arguing is senseless, and I highly doubt that naysayers will respond with "Cool!" in the event that the 135i delivers.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 03:49 PM   #61
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Normal 3-series cars just aren't doing it for me.
That's cus you drive a 330.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #62
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have no vested interest either considering I'm opting for the ///M. Normal 3-series cars just aren't doing it for me. I've been tainted by previous ///M3 ownership. In any case, all of the arguing is senseless, and I highly doubt that naysayers will respond with "Cool!" in the event that the 135i delivers.
btw i plan on buying an m3 too but really until you own one, you don't own one.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #63
EDK99
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E85 M

Quote:
Zero,

Stop just assuming stuff and go read or watch the Engineering video about the 135i. The suspension and handling characteristics are different than the 335i.

It is a more tuned suspension than the 335i, it has a more e30 feel to it than a bigger, sloppier 335. Size alone isn't why this car is more agile, nor is it because of it's leaner diet..!

Your basing all your ignorant post based on specs, but we know that those can only tell helf the story. Thee "feel" and mauverability isn't found on the spec sheet. Go pick up the lastest EVO magazine and read the Best M article a couple of times to gwet an idea of how specs don't mean EVERYTHING.

BMW's engineers have repeatedly said they worked hard in bring back the fell and dynamics of the older more "driveable" cars. Their resurecting the DNA from earlier models. You keep hanging your head on how it only marginally lighter and shorter.. etc. So.. The e46 was smaller shorter and BETTER than the e90..!

-Garrett
I think all we have to go on are the specs for the 135. Has anyone driven one yet to make such comparisons? Of course BMW marketing is going to say it is the best thing their is. Right now it is just vaproware and the specs are all we have to go on.
      10-25-2007, 03:53 PM   #64
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
That's cus you drive a 330.

Ha! But I have owned 2 E46 ///M3's. Even if I owned a 335i, I'd still be looking at the ///M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 03:55 PM   #65
A418t81
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Ever changing fleet

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
I'm ready for the 135 to actually show up and the mags and get some numbers and impressions and really see what they think. The hype around this car is annoying. I do think it is going to be a very, very cool car and possibly a better "drivers" car than the 335, but I don't think it will be nearly to the extent of the fan boys.

And yes, 6 piston calipers = best car EVER, nevermind the fact that no M car has such a design and the US 135 ALMOST didn't come with them either.
      10-25-2007, 03:56 PM   #66
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Even if I owned a 335i, I'd still be looking at the ///M3.

As am I, but I'm already starting to see the 'i'll be gettiing the e92 m3 so all this will be beneath me' posts to prove impartiality in these discussions and my opinion is if you don't have the car in your driveway, you don't have one so why mention it..
Appreciate 0