BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

02-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #133
Buffalo_Bush
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

i am 17 and my parents just ordered two 335i's, a coupe and a sedan. most days i will be driving one of the two. my brother has my dads old 545i. we both drive like ass holes some times. most all young kids do. alot of people asume that we are just spoiled kids(which we are 99% of the time). but they dont know the we have been working in our familys restaurants and bars for years and work more hours than 99% of other teenagers. i know i am not an adult yet and i absolutly love it. i dont belive that when i turn 18 soon that i will be an adult(the law thinks other wise and i will have to cut back on certian activities). lots of times i appear to be your tipicl ass hole teenager but they dont know that while i am driving like a mad man i and driving like that to get to work, and work about 3/4 of the hours most adults do while still in highschool. i dont care what people are gonna say but most americans are prudes and need to lighten up. what would most of you have done at 17, 18 or 19 if you had the chance to drive cars like these?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #134
ages944
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3racer View Post
i carry an unloaded gun, when they do that i pull it out and point it at them and they shit themselves, try that
uh yeah... you must not live in a major city. You do something like that in the wrong part of town in a major city, you're likely to get shot.

Mods: Blacklines | Rear Seat Power Outlets | Rear Fog Lights | Ashtray Garage Door Opener
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #135
Walked U
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Too many to list

I do agree, reving the engine is stupid.

But I drive a 335i, and look 17. ( Im really 22 )

What can I say... its the asian curse
Ferrari 575 SA, 458 Italia
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #136
2009BMW335
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90T View Post
I hope they all die crashing their parents car into a pole.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #137
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

envy

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #138
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
LOLOLOLLL i get all day long!! noone takes me seriusly i look like im 12!!
      02-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #139
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
someone's a bitter old man living out a mid life crisis
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 11:32 PM   #140
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bush View Post
i am 17 and my parents just ordered two 335i's, a coupe and a sedan. most days i will be driving one of the two. my brother has my dads old 545i. we both drive like ass holes some times. most all young kids do. alot of people asume that we are just spoiled kids(which we are 99% of the time). but they dont know the we have been working in our familys restaurants and bars for years and work more hours than 99% of other teenagers. i know i am not an adult yet and i absolutly love it. i dont belive that when i turn 18 soon that i will be an adult(the law thinks other wise and i will have to cut back on certian activities). lots of times i appear to be your tipicl ass hole teenager but they dont know that while i am driving like a mad man i and driving like that to get to work, and work about 3/4 of the hours most adults do while still in highschool. i dont care what people are gonna say but most americans are prudes and need to lighten up. what would most of you have done at 17, 18 or 19 if you had the chance to drive cars like these?
i hate posts like this... "i help my family at their restaurants, working alot of hours, so I deserve brand new bimmer bla bla" .. OK, you work and you help thats good, but if you work same hours somewhere else @ $9-10/hour, you ain't ganna buy bmw for a long time... for helping your family you should get a new computer or xbox or something and get money for lunch in HS... and please, shut the f@ck up already that you deserve something, at that age you dont deserve sh!t... I respect kids who get their car, and who are humble about it and know they're very lucky, but people who scream "i deserve it because of this and that" get no respect...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #141
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
Or worked for what he has.

edit: oops this is Corey

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 11:53 PM   #142
Walked U
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Too many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
LOLOLOLLL i get all day long!! noone takes me seriusly i look like im 12!!
Hahahah we are in the same boat.
Ferrari 575 SA, 458 Italia
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 12:04 AM   #143
bsavic
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: (sold) e90 328xi

I would agree that there are a lot of 17 and 18 year-olds who simply should NOT be behind the wheel of an e90/e92. This is true mostly because of the way they drive, but also because of the "I worked for it" syndrome. However, I would agree with Buffalo_Bush; if you had the chance to drive an e90/e92 that your parents bought for your 18th birthday, what would you say - "No, I don't deserve it"?

Furthermore, I am an 18 year old full-time student about to take delivery of my new e90 on February 28th. That being said, I work 32 hours a week and haven’t gone a single semester without being on the honour roll. I have been saving for over 4 years and I pay (will pay) 100% of the car payments, insurance, gas, etc... Therefore, I find it a tiny bit insulting if anyone were to generalize and say that all teens don’t deserve their cars.

To avoid any , I know that the original post was not generalizing, but I just wanted to point out that there are some 18 year-olds who actually deserve their car.

Finally, in my opinion, if you don’t your car, you can be a 50 year-old CEO and you still wouldn’t deserve to drive an e90. (Obviously, being on this board, this is not an issue for any of us.)

Savic
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 12:17 AM   #144
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
lets just say this.

those who are of a young age who drive bmws in general are spoiled--yes including me. even if you've "worked" for it... your still spoiled cause there are people who "work" for their goals and still dont get shit.

i'm fine with knowing im spoiled... that my parents can afford to buy me a nice car. so what else can you say to my face?

+1 for the respectful people who just say hey... nice car...

this thread has gone on and on and people same the same shit over and over again... if you have any new arguments go ahead and spill em but in the end its simple. 1. young people who drive new bmws are spoiled 2. stop hating cause your envy gets you and this topic nowhere.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 12:23 AM   #145
bsavic
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
even if you've "worked" for it... your still spoiled
And this would be the reason for my post above, I would love for you to explain to us how someone that pays their own car doesn't deserve their car...

Savic
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 12:26 AM   #146
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
lets just say this.

those who are of a young age who drive bmws in general are spoiled--yes including me. even if you've "worked" for it... your still spoiled cause there are people who "work" for their goals and still dont get shit.

i'm fine with knowing im spoiled... that my parents can afford to buy me a nice car. so what else can you say to my face?

this thread has gone on and on and people same the same shit over and over again... if you have any new arguments go ahead and spill em but in the end its simple. 1. young people who drive new bmws are spoiled 2. stop hating cause your envy gets you and this topic nowhere.

Yeah...I kind of agree with you. But being spoiled has a lot of different definitions. One can be that you can have the car but still want more and not give a shit about how lucky you have it. Two, you can have the car and be grateful and appreciate the hard work that your parents put into life. If a person has money...what's the point of hiding it or not using it to its benefits?? Should parents that work hard hide their success just so other people won't criticize their family? All I'm saying is that people that are my age (teens) that have a car SHOULD BE 100% Grateful to their parents and continue to work in life as if you DON'T have money. If you follow that...you'll have more respect for yourself along with gaining other peoples respect for you. IF you don't follow that...then I agree with the older members here...you should get your ass together or get bitchslapped untill you realize what you got.

DAMN I'm Bored...
      02-05-2007, 12:30 AM   #147
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

maybe we're just spoiled with goodness and now we'll never be able to go back because it's too late

but then again, it's not like every single of the young people don't deserve it. some are safe drivers (i know that's hard to believe)!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 12:45 AM   #148
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
maybe we're just spoiled with goodness and now we'll never be able to go back because it's too late

but then again, it's not like every single of the young people don't deserve it. some are safe drivers (i know that's hard to believe)!
so just because you're a safe driver you deserve it ? makes no sence lol
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #149
bsavic
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01 View Post
so just because you're a safe driver you deserve it ? makes no sence lol
He deserves it more than the reving jerk on steroids. After all, it proves at least a little for the car and his fellow drivers.

Savic
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 12:55 AM   #150
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavic View Post
And this would be the reason for my post above, I would love for you to explain to us how someone that pays their own car doesn't deserve their car...

Savic
by young people i meant the general concensus that young people cant afford their bmws and therefore their parents pay for the ride. but yes thumbs up to you for buying it with your own money.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 01:00 AM   #151
bsavic
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

The generalizing is what bothers me, but I would agree that for 90% of the cases, you spot on!

Savic
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 06:47 AM   #152
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
lets just say this.

I have no problem admitting I'm spoiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #153
E90T
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Actually I'm 28, I bought my car flat out without a cent from my parents or anyone else. Thanks for asking tho.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #154
Buffalo_Bush
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01 View Post
i hate posts like this... "i help my family at their restaurants, working alot of hours, so I deserve brand new bimmer bla bla" .. OK, you work and you help thats good, but if you work same hours somewhere else @ $9-10/hour, you ain't ganna buy bmw for a long time... for helping your family you should get a new computer or xbox or something and get money for lunch in HS... and please, shut the f@ck up already that you deserve something, at that age you dont deserve sh!t... I respect kids who get their car, and who are humble about it and know they're very lucky, but people who scream "i deserve it because of this and that" get no respect...
i never said that i deserved this car or any car for that matter. i completly understand that if i was getting paid normally for this job like most people do that i would not be able to afford any bmw or any half way decent car at all. i was saying that i know i am spoiled, but, if you were in this situation what would you do? i would assume you would drive the cars. are people just angry that they worked theeir whole life to get that car and see a kid speed by in the same thing? why do people have to be so disrespectuful. i never said i deserve that car. it is the car my parents chose for me to drive, get over it. i am not trying to show it off or brag, i was explaning the situation and asking, what would you do if this car was made availible to you?
Appreciate 0