BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #23
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilron View Post
According to the price list M-Drive is only available in combination with:
602 - This option is not listed in the price list I have
606 - Nav business
609 - Nav Professional

It is not available with
663 - Radio Professional
Obviously; you need a screen in order to see what you are doing.

It would be interesting to know what "602" is, anybody out there with a more detailed list?
Things will most likely be bundled differently over here in the US.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 01:33 PM   #24
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater

Thanks for the tip MK!

Based upon the Canadian order guide, power seats are now standard. Additionally, M-Drive is bundled with Nav. As I was born without a gene for direction, I need the Nav system. With my military direct order I was hoping to be able to custom order without those items.

It is a good thing the roof is CF. It should help make up for the increased weight of the Nav/Seat motors/Individual Audio speaks. (I just have to listen to that system!)
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #25
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E60 520d - soon an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Things will most likely be bundled differently over here in the US.
That is most likely true, but this pricelist have no prepared "bundles" it is only a list over the available options with a remark to which options you can combine or not. It was a nightmare (a good one that is) to configure the car as I almost had to make a spreadsheet just to get the overview.

Anyways: I do not believe it is a coincidence that you can have M-Drive combined with all the options that include a screen, while not with the Radio Professional that does not have a screen. But, in order to be sure of this I'd like to know what option "602" is, as I mentioned, there are no detailed explanation in the pricelist to what that is, and it is not listed on my orderconfirmation from BMW.
      08-22-2007, 01:55 PM   #26
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

I would want EDC for sure -- I'm going to get the Bilstein EDC cockpit control set up for my 335. I am nervous about M-drive and the further gadgetry attached to the steering.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #27
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is most likely true, but this pricelist have no prepared "bundles" it is only a list over the available options with a remark to which options you can combine or not. It was a nightmare (a good one that is) to configure the car as I almost had to make a spreadsheet just to get the overview.

Anyways: I do not believe it is a coincidence that you can have M-Drive combined with all the options that include a screen, while not with the Radio Professional that does not have a screen. But, in order to be sure of this I'd like to know what option "602" is, as I mentioned, there are no detailed explanation in the pricelist to what that is, and it is not listed on my orderconfirmation from BMW.
You are lucky that BMW gives you such flexibility. There clearly are technical reasons for why certain things need to be ordered together and so on, but I doubt that the US buyers will ever have to spend time thinking through them like you are since things will come in packages for us and all that will be taken care of at the expense of a higher level of customization. I guess BMW does not have confidence in the average US consumer's IQ, or the US consumer does not like dealing with long itemized lists. I saw the German options list; it was VERY long. We won't see such a list here.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 04:59 PM   #28
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
"602" is just the on-board monitor combined with the TV, but without the navigation.

Ilron you are correct. M Drive will only be available with the extra monitor on the dash, as this is the only way to see your personal settings.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 05:07 PM   #29
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
The only options I am seriously considering are EDC and 19"s. I am on the fence about DCT, but most likely will not order it. The rest doesn't interest me at all, especially navigation. I really hope this thing comes standard without the ugly dash hump.

what has you on the fence about DCT?

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 06:56 PM   #30
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
what has you on the fence about DCT?
Although there is no doubt DCT will be faster and more efficient than I can ever be, I am concerned that it will take away from the involvement and turn it into a videogame-like experience in the long run. I am sure it would be fun at first, but I am concerned that I might miss being able to manually disengage/engage the clutch and all that. I really need to drive it, but even then, I am not sure if a limited 20 minute test drive will be telling exactly. I'd be interested in hearing what other people think about this--especially people who have lived with SMG for a considerable amount of time...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #31
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Although there is no doubt DCT will be faster and more efficient than I can ever be, I am concerned that it will take away from the involvement and turn it into a videogame-like experience in the long run. I am sure it would be fun at first, but I am concerned that I might miss being able to manually disengage/engage the clutch and all that. I really need to drive it, but even then, I am not sure if a limited 20 minute test drive will be telling exactly. I'd be interested in hearing what other people think about this--especially people who have lived with SMG for a considerable amount of time...
How do you put the SMG, DSG in nautral to rev the engine or coast backwards....?? Kinda like feathering the clutch, letting gravity back you out of a driveway, then while in 1st you feather the clutch in to start going down the street.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 07:32 PM   #32
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
How do you put the SMG, DSG in nautral to rev the engine or coast backwards....?? Kinda like feathering the clutch, letting gravity back you out of a driveway, then while in 1st you feather the clutch in to start going down the street.
Like you're trying to sneak out of the house without starting it up? LMAO!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #33
Smoltz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3

I'm very curious how the steering will feel of the car does not have the reconfigurable steering. Will it be set in the middle? Also, will it be adjustable by the dealer with their computer?

I appear to be in the minority in that my car will be ordered with very few (if any) options.

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #34
ToddMcF2002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoltz View Post
I appear to be in the minority in that my car will be ordered with very few (if any) options.

-Adam
I doubt that. Everything that went wrong with my 01 M3 was related to all that electronic crap. I wont be ordering that garbage. Give me leather, 19's and a key.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #35
kishg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 540i/6

why buy an m3 without m-drive? edc may be considered superflous, esp if you plan to fit aftermarket suspension but if not and if you live around here where we have crappy roads, EDC will come in most handy!
BMWCCA #360858 SCCA# 374179 NASA # 128290
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #36
kishg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 540i/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Give me leather, 19's and a key.
surely you mean a key fob?
BMWCCA #360858 SCCA# 374179 NASA # 128290
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #37
ToddMcF2002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishg View Post
surely you mean a key fob?
Yes LOL.

Check out Top Gear's M5 review. I totally concur with Clarkson's bitch session about the electronic BS in that car. Its all so completely unnecessary.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 10:53 PM   #38
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
MDrive

Quote:
According to the price list M-Drive is only available in combination with:
602 - This option is not listed in the price list I have
606 - Nav business
609 - Nav Professional

It is not available with
663 - Radio Professional
Obviously; you need a screen in order to see what you are doing.
You are right about MDrive needing Nav--missed that in the German price list. The translation under MDrive is, "Only in connection with navigation systems, not in connection radio Professional". I stand corrected.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 05:39 AM   #39
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavNurs View Post
Call me a purist.......I will skip both, along with power seats. I am not sure how much weight this will account for though every pound counts!

There seem to be plenty of "options" now available on cars which are somewhat useless. Seriously, who needs headlights that come on when it gets dark, or rain sensing wipers. Folks who are unable to tell when it gets dark, or when it is raining simply should not drive!
Who needs EDC? Lotus can make the Elise ride and handle well. This is just BMW willy-waving.
      08-23-2007, 06:45 AM   #40
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Yes LOL.

Check out Top Gear's M5 review. I totally concur with Clarkson's bitch session about the electronic BS in that car. Its all so completely unnecessary.
I agree x 1,000! I know they want to keep up with the competition and appeal to all of the many 'gadget people' in the world but please make all of that crap optional for the few dying breed purists that are left.

I'll have leather, 19s and a key fob as well (since we now have a ridiculous 'start' button).
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #41
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Well, you just click down on the paddle (or shift lever) until you hit neutral.

My main concern with DCT is the launching. I don't think the current US M5s have launch control. Though I could be wrong. But if they don't then the M3 might not either.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #42
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlgrau View Post
Like you're trying to sneak out of the house without starting it up? LMAO!
When I'm dropping a date off at 3:30 in the morning...
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 08:01 AM   #43
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Well, you just click down on the paddle (or shift lever) until you hit neutral.

My main concern with DCT is the launching. I don't think the current US M5s have launch control. Though I could be wrong. But if they don't then the M3 might not either.
OK, I thouight it might go into neutral if you pulled back both paddles or something.

But can you choose neutral from 3rd..?

Last edited by Garrett; 08-23-2007 at 06:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 08:22 AM   #44
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
OK, I thouight it might go into neutral if you pulled back both paddles or something.

But can you choose Nuetral from 3rd..?
Sure, just click three times in succession.
Appreciate 0