BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

02-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #111
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Hmm..im considering making an acct for m6 forums...but can someone ask that clown MiroE90/DreamerM6 to PLEASE show up at either one of these events?

Once again: - http://www.tx2k.com/ -- etc or any SILV (Supras Invade Las Vegas).

MiroE90...one of the BIGGEST trash talkers is driving a 335i.

Rimola of NAGTROC is ready to go for ANY M5s or M6s.

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...r/page__st__20

"Lol BMW for the fail. I drive a GT-R, i have nothing to prove. If anyone with a M5 or M6 (old or new) wants me to tax that ass, please email me at:

imola1518@gmail.com

My email is listed above, so no need to waste your time registering on here. PS. Dont forget your bluetooth and sunglasses. "

Let your M6 counterparts know.
I will be following this thread very closely.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #112
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
You're kidding, right? Do you understand I have owned three GTRs?
Do you understand I have tested each one of them over and over again using a Vbox?
Do you grasp the fact that I have repeatedly had better times than a launched M6 without using LC. These are consistent. A nonlaunched 2012 and beyond GTR will be in the mid to high 3s to 60. Will consistently take 4 seconds to go from 60-100. These are better than an M6.
Does an M6 do better up high? Yes but it will take a quarter mile before you start seeing it. But my gripe is showing an M6 pulling down low (ie its not representative of M6 versus GTR performance).

A piece of advice: try and avoid ad hom
How many New M6's have you Vboxed? Have you raced a new M6 on the street?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #113
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #114
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
How many New M6's have you Vboxed? Have you raced a new M6 on the street?
Nope. Have you? Or a GTR?
At least I have lots and lots of experience with the Nissan. And I have lots of experience with the engine in the new M6.
BTW, I don't street race. Its stupid.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor

Last edited by 991GT3; 02-15-2013 at 05:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #115
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
Nope. Have you? Or a GTR?
At least I have lots and lots of experience with the Nissan. And I have lots of experience with the engine in the new M6.
BTW, I don't street race. Its stupid.
No I haven't but I am not saying its impossible because it's not the car I own. So where do you do your Vbox testing?

So since you have experience with the S63 you know it's more powerful.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #116
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
No I haven't but I am not saying its impossible because it's not the car I own. So where do you do your Vbox testing?

So since you have experience with the S63 you know it's more powerful.

I do Vbox stuff by myself out on desolate stretches of wide open country roads. I have three basic rules for high speed runs on public roads:
1)no passengers
2)no other cars within sight
3)know the road

The engine in the M6 is barely more powerful than the V6 in the Nissan but the GTR is lighter, more aerodynamic, has tighter gearing and is all-wheel drive.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #117
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
I do Vbox stuff by myself out on desolate stretches of wide open country roads. I have three basic rules for high speed runs on public roads:
1)no passengers
2)no other cars within sight
3)know the road

The engine in the M6 is barely more powerful than the V6 in the Nissan but the GTR is lighter, more aerodynamic, has tighter gearing and is all-wheel drive.
Then you do race on the street and you don't know as much about the M6 engine as you lead on because it is way underrated. You just recite only the specs that suit your needs.

The Nissan GTR is a great car but it's not god. You can make other cars faster in a straight line that cost less. I can buy a 2013 GT500 put drag radials, a pully and a canned tune on it and make you look silly. But it proves nothing and the GT500 would get owned in a corner by a 37k Camaro.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #118
Falcao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
You're kidding, right? Do you understand I have owned three GTRs?
Do you understand I have tested each one of them over and over again using a Vbox?
Do you grasp the fact that I have repeatedly had better times than a launched M6 without using LC. These are consistent. A nonlaunched 2012 and beyond GTR will be in the mid to high 3s to 60. Will consistently take 4 seconds to go from 60-100. These are better than an M6.
Does an M6 do better up high? Yes but it will take a quarter mile before you start seeing it. But my gripe is showing an M6 pulling down low (ie its not representative of M6 versus GTR performance).

A piece of advice: try and avoid ad hom
Why would i be kidding. You seem to know how the GTR will beat M6 without ever racing both together same day under same track but you discount video of what you see. Irrelevant how many GTRs you own or have driven. How many F13 M6 have you driven, owned and vboxed? You need vbox of both cars to compare no?

At least i am able to get you to concede high speed GTR is going to be in some trouble which it always is against similar cars. I will end the conversation with you because your untouchable 12 GTR can never be beaten by M6 based on your own facts but a video of what you see is irrelevant. You're incorrigible!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #119
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
No. Again, where are people getting this notion? Are the two extra doors and windows on the M5 are made of weight-canceling transparent aluminum?

The m5 is both heavier and slower. The actual tested weights for the two cars are shown in the link below.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...t-laps-feature

M5: 4425
M6: 4219

I also posted the link to the heads up drag race between the two. Not surprisingly, the M6 is two tenths and 2mph faster in the 1/4 mile.
Im referring to the M6 convertible in weight. 4490 pounds.
2013 BMW M6 Convertible 0-60 mph 3.9 Quarter Mile 12.1

I highly doubt the m6 coupe is an entire second faster putting it paced with a GT-R. It would need to pull off a 10.8 to tie. LOL. If you want to negate the 1/4 mile time and say from 60-120 I would expect the GT-R to still pull maybe 1 car length.
      02-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #120
UR not fast 'till 600
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 Coupe, K1200RS

Smile

Quote:
Seven posts in and you are looking to make so many friends.
How much is a Turbo S again?
Don't need any more friends . . .

The GTR is the modern automotive equivalent of the early '70's Kawasaki 500 Mach III two stroke. Went like hell in a straight line, but most good riders preferred the Norton.

And seven whole posts? Must be spending too much time here.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #121
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Then you do race on the street and you don't know as much about the M6 engine as you lead on because it is way underrated. You just recite only the specs that suit your needs.

The Nissan GTR is a great car but it's not god. You can make other cars faster in a straight line that cost less. I can buy a 2013 GT500 put drag radials, a pully and a canned tune on it and make you look silly. But it proves nothing and the GT500 would get owned in a corner by a 37k Camaro.

Really? It underrated? you base that on what exactly? Why does review after review have it slower than a GTR. Why when I owned an X6M was the performance significant worse than advertised? Why did both Chris Harris and Autocar flat out say the GTR is in another league than the new M5 in performance?
And I have never said the GTR is god. So quit creating straw men. The GTR has plenty of flaws. It just that one its flaws isn't being pulled on by an M6 under 100.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #122
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsKMoore View Post
Don't need any more friends . . .

The GTR is the modern automotive equivalent of the early '70's Kawasaki 500 Mach III two stroke. Went like hell in a straight line, but most good riders preferred the Norton.

And seven whole posts? Must be spending too much time here.
Really? That's all the GTR is good at? You really don't know what you're talking about. And yes you are spending too much time here.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #123
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
Why would i be kidding. You seem to know how the GTR will beat M6 without ever racing both together same day under same track but you discount video of what you see. Irrelevant how many GTRs you own or have driven. How many F13 M6 have you driven, owned and vboxed? You need vbox of both cars to compare no?

At least i am able to get you to concede high speed GTR is going to be in some trouble which it always is against similar cars. I will end the conversation with you because your untouchable 12 GTR can never be beaten by M6 based on your own facts but a video of what you see is irrelevant. You're incorrigible!
That's funny. And how exactly can you pass any judgment let alone concede anything? Have you raced either? I know the GTR inside and out. I know the engine in an M6 inside and out.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #124
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
I'm so tired of the term fanboys or even worse "fanbois". I will never understand this whining from either side. Who gives a shit? I destroy both cars, eat 458's and gallardos, but got recently owned by a Toyota Supra... we both popped the hoods and talked shop. Bottom line... there is always a faster car out there.
Agreed. Well said.

I just read this thread and I for one think Nissan cars are utter garbage. I owned a couple of their new Zs and they were just junk. I have been inside the Nissan GTR and the looks of the car are horrible and the inside was average to me. Now a lot of GTR owners will think I am crazy but I cannot get past the Nissan name. I have had to many horror stories with their products so I don't even look at them. Plus I have been in cars that would put bus lengths on a stock GTR..

If I am going to spend that type of money I will get something that will satisfy my needs and wants. ZR1 or R8 V10. So what if your Nissan is a little faster. In my mind I have the looks and speed I want. Nissan only has half the pie here.

This isn't a bash post on Nissan owners. Just my honest observation, experiences, etc..

As for the video, it appears the Nissan had some issues..Didnt seem like the owner was really pushing the Nissan. Who knows.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #125
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
Really? It underrated? you base that on what exactly? Why does review after review have it slower than a GTR. Why when I owned an X6M was the performance significant worse than advertised? Why did both Chris Harris and Autocar flat out say the GTR is in another league than the new M5 in performance?
And I have never said the GTR is god. So quit creating straw men. The GTR has plenty of flaws. It just that one its flaws isn't being pulled on by an M6 under 100.
Yes really. Every posted dyno has proven and backed up this fact. Now when I read something several times by different resources I tend to believe it. The GTR is a superior handling car in all out numbers but it's also a car in which the computer controls everything. Hence why many people call it boring and a car for those without car racing skills. Now that Porsche you have is a better handling car as in being rewarding.

And guess what your GTR was pulled on, deal with it. Racing is not just specs on paper or we wouldn't need to test our cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #126
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Are we still on this?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #127
Jasonseoguam
South Korea
Rep
Drives: AW e92 m3 coupe

lets end post here gtr > m6
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #128
UR not fast 'till 600
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 Coupe, K1200RS

Quote:
That's funny. And how exactly can you pass any judgment let alone concede anything? Have you raced either? I know the GTR inside and out. I know the engine in an M6 inside and out.

Learned long ago not to argue with idiots and with your repetitious rhetoric that's what this has turned into. And yes this topic should end . . .

With your personal attacks, vitriolic eruptions and nothing more to add than "my cars faster than anything" everybody's spent too much time here.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #129
BOOstJunkee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Turbo/335awd

STOCK F10 M5s have put down whp numbers in the 520s. So I would definitely agree they are underrated. 520whp M6 can beat a 2012 gtr from a roll.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #130
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Why did both Chris Harris and Autocar flat out say the GTR is in another league than the new M5 in performance?
Who cares dude? Why are you grasping at straws? And who the fuck is Chris Harris that you keep harping on, is he some sort of race car driver, champion or something? You make it sound like some kind of gospel, but he wasn't in the race depicted. And finally who cares about the M5 since this is about an M6?

Quote:
The GTR has plenty of flaws. It just that one its flaws isn't being pulled on by an M6 under 100.
So here, settle this gnarly dispute: go find yourself a brand new M6, run it in a roll race 40-140 or whatever race in the video seems to go at, and report the results.

We promise to wait faithtfully for your report.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #131
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Who cares dude? Why are you grasping at straws? And who the fuck is Chris Harris that you keep harping on, is he some sort of race car driver, champion or something? You make it sound like some kind of gospel, but he wasn't in the race depicted. And finally who cares about the M5 since this is about an M6?

So here, settle this gnarly dispute: go find yourself a brand new M6, run it in a roll race 40-140 or whatever race in the video seems to go at, and report the results.

We promise to wait faithtfully for your report.
I don't think anyone in North Dakota owns an m6.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 01:24 AM   #132
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Agreed. Well said.

I just read this thread and I for one think Nissan cars are utter garbage. I owned a couple of their new Zs and they were just junk. I have been inside the Nissan GTR and the looks of the car are horrible and the inside was average to me. Now a lot of GTR owners will think I am crazy but I cannot get past the Nissan name. I have had to many horror stories with their products so I don't even look at them. Plus I have been in cars that would put bus lengths on a stock GTR..

If I am going to spend that type of money I will get something that will satisfy my needs and wants. ZR1 or R8 V10. So what if your Nissan is a little faster. In my mind I have the looks and speed I want. Nissan only has half the pie here.

This isn't a bash post on Nissan owners. Just my honest observation, experiences, etc..

As for the video, it appears the Nissan had some issues..Didnt seem like the owner was really pushing the Nissan. Who knows.
Agreed. Well said.

I just read this thread and I for one think BMW cars are utter garbage. I owned a couple of their new M3s and they were just junk. I have been inside the BMW M3 and the looks of the car and the inside was average to me. Now a lot of BMW owners will think I am crazy but I cannot get past the BMW name. I have had to many horror stories with their products so I don't even look at them. Plus I have been in cars that would put bus lengths on a STOCK BMW..

If I am going to spend that type of money I will get something that will satisfy my needs and wants. --- or R8 V10 (Less Performance). So what if your BMW is a little faster. In my mind I have the looks and speed I want.

This isn't a bash post on BMW owners. Just my honest observation, experiences, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UR not fast 'till 600 View Post
Learned long ago not to argue with idiots and with your repetitious rhetoric that's what this has turned into. And yes this topic should end . . .

With your personal attacks, vitriolic eruptions and nothing more to add than "my cars faster than anything" everybody's spent too much time here.
Which is why i posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post
Hmm..im considering making an acct for m6 forums...but can someone ask that clown MiroE90/DreamerM6 to PLEASE show up at either one of these events?

Once again: - http://www.tx2k.com/ -- etc or any SILV (Supras Invade Las Vegas).

MiroE90...one of the BIGGEST trash talkers is driving a 335i.

Rimola of NAGTROC is ready to go for ANY M5s or M6s.

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...r/page__st__20

"Lol BMW for the fail. I drive a GT-R, i have nothing to prove. If anyone with a M5 or M6 (old or new) wants me to tax that ass, please email me at:

imola1518@gmail.com

My email is listed above, so no need to waste your time registering on here. PS. Dont forget your bluetooth and sunglasses. "

Let your M6 counterparts know.
I will be following this thread very closely.
Now..being on a BMW forum, i know ill hear the typical "Im not going to a "ricer" event, etc.
Problem with that statement is texas 2k has lamobs, ferraris, vipers, vettes...so by the time its all over, youll probably end up on youtube, and know EXACTLY where you stand.

I honestly dont expect many to show up on THIS forum (if any, or the M6 guys)...but the vette, supra, viper, and GTR forums are all ready to go.

Another thing i dont get, why are you M3 guys so vehemently defending the m6?
Cant they manage that on their own?
Appreciate 0