BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #23
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i

I think we need to stop watchig so much TV and get out more.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #24
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
What does Russia start with in Russian? And please don't say USSR
Россия

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #25
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Yeah. Russians are known to speak in Russian.
Really? It's almost like I was talking about a Russian version of this exercise, in Russia, spoken in Russian. Not to mention that it's the same letter phonetically. Thanks for the pro tip.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #26
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
What does Russia start with in Russian? And please don't say USSR
starts with a P which is an R in the Cyrillic alphabet
      07-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #27
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Im gonna defense US people. I know a lot of them when they are asked for Spain pointed it on Southamerica. But, why any american should know where the fuck is Spain or Sry Lanka? if hes jet pilot or geography teacher its ok, everybody else simply doesnt care. In this modern world we living, is sad to say but culture only worth in a nerds meeting to get aproved. In the fast life day by day is completly useless. Is a fact

Try to give them a wrong 100 dollars exchange, and see how they are more on maths than you expect
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #28
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
Im gonna defense US people. I know a lot of them when they are asked for Spain pointed it on Southamerica. But, why any american should know where the fuck is Spain or Sry Lanka? if hes jet pilot or geography teacher its ok, everybody else simply doesnt care. In this modern world we living, is sad to say but culture only worth in a nerds meeting to get aproved. In the fast life day by day is completly useless. Is a fact

Try to give them a wrong 100 dollars exchange, and see how they are more on maths than you expect
I tend to agree with this for the most part. In most, daily life situations there is just no reason to know remember that it's Paraguay in South America and Uraguay in Africa, the difference between an isosceles and a perfect triangle or what have you, unless for whatever reason your occupation entails you knowing these things. And if a situation arose where you needed to know, the information is literally seconds away.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #29
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
There are stupid people in every country. I guarantee you I could go to New Zealand and ask a bunch of the same or similar questions and edit the video to make them look just as stupid

Disclaimer: I didn't watch anything past 1:30 so if it's a joke video forgive me
congratulations for solidifying american stupidity.
that video is made by AUSTRALIANS
funny how people think it's okay to defend ignorance & lack of general knowledge about the world,

but in this day and age, if you're american and you don't know who won the vietnam war, or if you don't even know how many world wars have been, you might as well jump off a bridge.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #30
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoez View Post
funny how people think it's okay to defend ignorance & lack of general knowledge about the world,

but in this day and age, if you're american and you don't know who won the vietnam war, or if you don't even know how many world wars have been, you might as well jump off a bridge.
Nice...
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #31
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
funny how people think it's okay to defend ignorance & lack of general knowledge about the world
LOL really? Their accents are very similar, and I thought I detected a bit more New Zealand than Aussie considering I played rugby with a bunch of Australians in college and considered myself pretty familiar with it. Congratulations for solidifying the fact that you're an insufferable pudwack

Happy 4th to all us dumbass 'Mericuns! You know, the ones that helped build this country into the great socio economic power that it is, all whilst remaining one of the freest countries that maintains civil liberties, we must be pretty dumb to have accomplished and maintained that! While I don't agree with a lot that goes on here, this is merely nitpicking compared to how many foreign countries are run. Hope those Australians are happy making stupid videos on their Japanese camcorder they probably had to pay an extremely invasive import tariff on! I still am proud and would not rather live anywhere else.

The point is you can't generalize millions of people based on media. This problem clearly exists in countries other than my own, which probably nearly singlehandedly invented the damn practice. There are low and high degrees of cognitive prowess, and every which one in between. For the people who maintain that all American's are stupid because some stupid people made an overplayed video pandering to those who find laughable superiority in other's apparent stupidity lay closer to the lower end of that aforementioned level of cognitivity than they would like to admit (read: Dennis Miller fans)
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #32
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Quote:
the difference between an isosceles and a perfect triangle or what have you, unless for whatever reason your occupation entails you knowing these things.
The part of the triangle question could be the most worrying , but lets be honest, go to every else place on the world; same answers.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #33
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Quote:

Sorry but im not agree, i explain before why that things happen. Intelligence is not culture. Some people just dont give a f* about who wins Vietnam war.

Quote:

Happy 4th to all us dumbass 'Mericuns! You know, the ones that helped build this country into the great socio economic power that it is, all whilst remaining one of the freest countries that maintains civil liberties, we must be pretty dumb to have accomplished and maintained that! While I don't agree with a lot that goes on here, this is merely nitpicking compared to how many foreign countries are run. Hope those Australians are happy making stupid videos on their Japanese camcorder they probably had to pay an extremely invasive import tariff on! I still am proud and would not rather live anywhere else.
I was an american and get asked by these guys i will go like this

-Ok, touche, my turn australian. Show me your currency. And how did you say is called?

-Is a dollar sir

-A dollar! oh, just like mine!

-Yiha!

-So is one?

-One

-Math question sir: if is a dollar, and mine is a dollar, why it cost less?

- Emmm, oh ....

-Whos the idiot now????

Is going beyond but on dumb context is fine
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #34
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
There are 300,000,000 of us so it shouldn't be that hard to find some dummies. Seriously though, these videos are all the same; they interview hundreds of people then edit the tape together. To be honest, how many brain surgeons would stop on the street and agree to be taped while being polled on basic world knowledge? I knew the answer to every question on the tape, as I'm sure everyone else on here did, and I am far from a genius so these things should be taken for what they are... a joke.

A neighbor of mine a few years back was British and when I asked him if his opinion of Americans had changed since he had moved here his reply was "The biggest thing I've learned is that it's impossible to generalize a group of three hundred million people."

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #35
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

Quote:
I tend to agree with this for the most part. In most, daily life situations there is just no reason to know remember that it's Paraguay in South America and Uraguay in Africa, the difference between an isosceles and a perfect triangle or what have you, unless for whatever reason your occupation entails you knowing these things. And if a situation arose where you needed to know, the information is literally seconds away.
Uruguay is in South America...... just sayin lol

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #36
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
U......

U..

U U U U...

I'm really drawing a blank here...

U...U...

UTAH! Did I win?????
I lol'd at that one.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #37
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

It's not just for Americans:

Furthermore, ignorance isn't the same as stupidity. Simply because somebody doesn't know where a particular country or state is geographically doesn't make them stupid, it makes them ignorant of that particular fact. Intelligence speaks more to thought process than memorization of rote facts. I'm not saying memory doesn't play a part in intelligence, of course it does, but it's not the sole indicator of intelligence. Memory and intelligence are inextricably linked, but knowledge of one particular fact is not a good indicator of the strength of a persons memory. The inability to identify Connecticut on a map signifies nothing other than that person can't identify Connecticut on a map. To infer that a such a person is stupid due to such an inability to identify a geographical location really speaks more to the intelligence level of the person making the inference, as it demonstrates weak thought process.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #38
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
It's not just for Americans:

Furthermore, ignorance isn't the same as stupidity. Simply because somebody doesn't know where a particular country or state is geographically doesn't make them stupid, it makes them ignorant of that particular fact. Intelligence speaks more to thought process than memorization of rote facts. I'm not saying memory doesn't play a part in intelligence, of course it does, but it's not the sole indicator of intelligence. Memory and intelligence are inextricably linked, but knowledge of one particular fact is not a good indicator of the strength of a persons memory. The inability to identify Connecticut on a map signifies nothing other than that person can't identify Connecticut on a map. To infer that a such a person is stupid due to such an inability to identify a geographical location really speaks more to the intelligence level of the person making the inference, as it demonstrates weak thought process.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #39
E90 87ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: !

haha, yeah... most Americans aren't educated.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #40
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 JB 335i

Bet they all voted for Obama.

Ok, someone had to say it.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2010, 07:25 AM   #41
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

But wait, there's more...

by Juan DeJesus
NBCNewYork.com
updated 7/4/2010 10:16:27 PM

As grills across America fire up this weekend some Americans may want to crack open a history book instead of a cold beer.

A Marist poll finds that 26 percent of Americans dont know whom the United States declared its independence from.

The 26 percent includes 6 percent that are unsure that the United States fought any war of independence at all. Other respondents gave a range of countries that included France, China, Mexico, Spain and Japan, according to the pollsters at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.

For the record, it was Great Britain we broke away from.

The telephone poll which surveyed 1,004 Americans ages 18 and over. Callers were selected based on a list of telephone exchanges from throughout the nation.

The exchanges were selected to ensure that each region was represented in proportion to its population. In an effort to increase coverage, the land-line sample was supplemented by random dialing of cell phone numbers.
The results of the survey are statistically significant with a margin of error of 3 percent.

This news comes as the U.S. Citizenship and immigration Service held ceremonies for 150 candidates for citizenship on Ellis Island and naturalized more than 3,800 citizenship candidates in approximately 55 special ceremonies held across the United States and abroad.

Independence Day reminds us all what it means to be an American, said USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #42
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXXIX View Post
Uruguay is in South America...... just sayin lol
Lol I was tired yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #43
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Talking

Quote:
Happy 4th to all us dumbass 'Mericuns! You know, the ones that helped build this country into the great socio economic power that it is, all whilst remaining one of the freest countries that maintains civil liberties, we must be pretty dumb to have accomplished and maintained that!
lol bro don't make me call china,japan tellem to call in their debts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...seconomy-china
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #44
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
Germany
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen

Quote:
LOL really? Their accents are very similar, and I thought I detected a bit more New Zealand than Aussie considering I played rugby with a bunch of Australians in college and considered myself pretty familiar with it. Congratulations for solidifying the fact that you're an insufferable pudwack

The point is you can't generalize millions of people based on media. This problem clearly exists in countries other than my own, which probably nearly singlehandedly invented the damn practice. There are low and high degrees of cognitive prowess, and every which one in between. For the people who maintain that all American's are stupid because some stupid people made an overplayed video pandering to those who find laughable superiority in other's apparent stupidity lay closer to the lower end of that aforementioned level of cognitivity than they would like to admit (read: Dennis Miller fans)
Verbosity and you =
I hope you are in college learning to string together something akin to coherent thought. Maybe some sentence structure would help too.
Appreciate 0