BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
Highend2
bmwfan
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 128I

Used Car Purchase?

So after several months of being on the fence, my GF and I have decided to purchase a car to keep at our vacation property in the Rancho Mirage area. Since we don't get a huge amount of time off, driving our cars down there every year is kinda wasteful ( both time and milage ) and I am tired of paying the $$ to rent sub par cars. I can't leave any of my Canadian cars down there as it voids the insurance and so on. I want to buy used but have a pretty fair budget to buy something that we can enjoy and travel in when we are down there. The used car market hasn't seemed to be too kind to the more higher performance cars. I found a 07 M6 CPO for just $48,900! That's a pretty tempting deal even if it ment bringing that car back across the border to replace the 1 series. I am kinda leaning toward something like another BMW or possibly C6 Corvette. Since it is a car that will only be used about a month a year, form or function is fine with me. I would be curious to hear what the other people from Cal. think as they would know more about what would stand out from the crowd down there. Thoughts would be great.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

No car really stands out in California. Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes, Audi's & Lexus' are all too common.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmoooon View Post
No car really stands out in California. Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes, Audi's & Lexus' are all too common.
This.

When I lived in SD, the above mentioned cars were literally everywhere. Also plenty of Lambos, Bentleys, Ferraris, etc.... I'm not saying everyone owned one, but you're not really going to "stand out from the crowd" unless you go exotic or luxo road yacht.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
Highend2
bmwfan
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 128I

No, I didn't mean stand out like that. I just dont want to get something like a 3 series or an A4. Did a little more research tonight, the GF likes the Jag XK. Found a couple pretty fare priced. I know there are a lot of Jag haters on this site however could be worth a look. I just hope Jaguar USA are more easy to get along with then they are up here.
Appreciate 0