BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

01-31-2010, 12:56 AM   #45
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
FWIW, I was stuck on the maple anthracite trim with platinum interior too but my client advisor in Germany kept telling me, in her own very subtle way, that piano black would be much better (based solely on my outside color choice). When I was coming down to the wire (ordering time) a couple of weeks ago she sent me a large swatch of the platinum leather with 3 different stitch colors to choose from and a piece of the maple anthracite trim. The two go together beautifully but....I didn't realize that the maple anthracite had a distinctive brownish tinge to it, depending on how the light hit it. So it depends on your outside color. In my case, the maple anthracite clashed horribly with the outside and I've chosen the piano black, a sample of which also happened to be in the packet from Germany.

If you can get your hands on some samples, please do. The maple anthracite trim piece goes beautifully with ruby black, they have the same tones if you know what I mean and there's no clashing going on. I only had the chance to put it up beside the color swatch printed in the M3 Individual brochure but they look good together. Of course, the piano black is classic and will go perfectly with anything.

Hope that helps. Mark
Mark did you order your vehicle alreadY?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 12:59 AM   #46
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

This coming week. Finally! Was just waiting for one small item to be priced which should be Monday or Tuesday. This is DRIVING ME!!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 05:39 AM   #47
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
This coming week. Finally! Was just waiting for one small item to be priced which should be Monday or Tuesday. This is DRIVING ME!!
So you are sticking with the performance guys?

HAve you shopped around to get the best deal?

Unless you have already put down a deposit then its all good
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 08:55 AM   #48
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Budd's this time around, they've been fantastic thus far. And believe me, I've shopped. Had a year to do it!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #49
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Budd's this time around, they've been fantastic thus far. And believe me, I've shopped. Had a year to do it!!
Good luck, hope to see the masterpiece soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #50
ASU
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93 DCT

Quote:
Mark in your research did you ever get any samples of the Rust Brown Novillo. I am not sure I am in for the extra bucks but I was thinking of getting Azurite Black with Rust Brown versus with Fox Red. The combo would list for an extra $6,700 but I would like to get something more unique. In my case I am getting a e93 so the interior will be front and centre all summer (I hope). I have seen the Red Fox extended and it is quite nice I am concerned that I might get tired of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #51
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU View Post
Mark in your research did you ever get any samples of the Rust Brown Novillo. I am not sure I am in for the extra bucks but I was thinking of getting Azurite Black with Rust Brown versus with Fox Red. The combo would list for an extra $6,700 but I would like to get something more unique. In my case I am getting a e93 so the interior will be front and centre all summer (I hope). I have seen the Red Fox extended and it is quite nice I am concerned that I might get tired of it.
Hey brother, sorry for th delay getting back to you. Yes, I did get samples and it's a gorgeous colour. If you haven't already done so, call up a dealer who sells Individual cars (they'll have samples, very large ones like a piece of drapery) so you can see for yourself. Between Azurite and Rust Brown...I think you'll be sold!!
Appreciate 0