BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

ESS SC + T-bolts, sizing help

So all the flimsy stock clamps always come loose. I want to replace the ones on the throttle bodies, but I need to know the size that I should get. Also, any other ones I should be concerned with (that could be loosing boost)?

I'll be ordering from silicon intakes.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

If the TB clamps are coming loose,they are installed wrong ! there is a specific way to be installed where they sit in a grooved are in the boot.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep

can you please expand on the right way?

I tightened them up as much as I could without actually slipping them... They all come loose quite soon. I had others look at it, and sujested t bolt clamps.

If I'm doing it wrong, I'd rather do it right then spend another $40..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
IMG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
can you please expand on the right way?

I tightened them up as much as I could without actually slipping them... They all come loose quite soon. I had others look at it, and sujested t bolt clamps.

If I'm doing it wrong, I'd rather do it right then spend another $40..
How many miles on your car ? sometimes the boots get tired and need to be replaced.
Also you need to make sure that the intake runners are dropped in the boots far enough so the clamps can actually hold on tight.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep

55k. The runners seem to be well in there (the lines are just a tad on top of the rubber if that makes sense).

The clamps just seem to get loose , I tightn them on weekly basis (especially the ones far back).
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
55k. The runners seem to be well in there (the lines are just a tad on top of the rubber if that makes sense).

The clamps just seem to get loose , I tightn them on weekly basis (especially the ones far back).
They should not be coming loose. A new set of factory clamps work perfectly fine. I would suggest ordering a new set and replacing if they are coming loose.

Last edited by sales@ESSTuning; 10-09-2012 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #7
IMG
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
They should not be coming loose. A new set of factory clamps work perfectly fine. I would suggest ordering a new set and replacing if they are having coming loose.
+1
Thanks for the input Roman !
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
They should not be coming loose. A new set of factory clamps work perfectly fine. I would suggest ordering a new set and replacing if they are coming loose.
so you don't think the heavy duty ones are justified? I saw some guys with FI E46's go to that... I mean, with turbo's (high boost), I know it's needed, but is it justified for 5psi

I will take a picture of my runners, maybe you can tell if they are sitting well enough.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #9
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
so you don't think the heavy duty ones are justified? I saw some guys with FI E46's go to that... I mean, with turbo's (high boost), I know it's needed, but is it justified for 5psi

I will take a picture of my runners, maybe you can tell if they are sitting well enough.
You can email me the pics roman@esstuning.com. We have run up to 12 psi with stock clamps in our development cars without issue. You can replace OEM them with an upgraded version if you want.
Appreciate 0