BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

10-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
Squire
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3 Sedan On Order

New E90 On The Way

Wanted to say thanks for the forum. I've been searching through it over the last few months and have gleaned quite a bit of info from you all, though I've been a Bimmer guy for years. Pulled the trigger late August on a new M3 sedan before production ended. Momentarily thought about a new M5, but the 5's now are just too big for my taste (and had a loaner 550 GT one time, loved the engine, but was the worst handling BMW I've ever driven, drove like a spongy ocean liner). Interestingly, the E90 is damn near the same size and weight as the old 540i my Dad still drives. The M3 just strikes me as so unique and complete. The test drive sealed it. It's on the boat now, and I expect to be driving by Thanksgiving, barring a blizzard.

Details: Jerez Black, Extended Black Novillo, Brushed Aluminum Trim, 6MT, Fully Loaded EXCEPT Moonroof, Auto High Beams, and BMW Apps. I'm not a mods guy so will go with it as is.

Recent Background:
Middle-aged white guy
2011 Xterra Pro-4X for winters/mountains
Wife drives a 2011 X5 Diesel
Sold 2008 M Roadster (best brakes, clutch, gear box of any car I've owned; a rock solid 164mph ragtop experience)
Sold 2005 X5 4.8is (I know the M3 engine will be better, but I want to give props to this 355hp V-8; it had an unbelievable sweet spot at 4,000rpm in 4th gear, hit the gas and take off like a rocket on your way to 154mph; only drawback, this was the only automatic I've ever owned and should have never done it; i broke the faith)
Sold 2003 X5 3.0
Sold 2001 X5 3.0
Appreciate 0