BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #3301
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
I re-bought small AAPL long position today...back in around 425ish...got some room to play with since I got out earlier this around 460.00

It will be easy to dump this one if it doesnt behave since we are at critical level now...not much holding it from tanking to 350.00 if we dont hold here.
I think it is going way lower. There is a gap fill at $417.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #3302
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

Out of DDD for another 10% gain...showing topping pattern now...3d sector showing at ST to IT topping pattern now.

Rebuy later.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #3303
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

up 12.00 on AAPL so far...sentiment works well...everyone on this board saying AAPL going into 300's and HF's dumping it like crazy...by the time the dumping is in the news, its already over.

as I keep saying, you have to buy when fear is in the street and even your own mind says stay away...if 85% of people lose on ST trades, you have to do opposite of what your brain is telling you.

Use stop losses and know your limit.

Anyone take the long AAPL trade with me at 425.00?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #3304
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

That $420 area has strong support on AAPL. I still think it is a dead cat bounce right now and its heading lower, IMO. No position though.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #3305
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

GOOG looks like a short, IMO. I a bounce to $912 as a possibility today or tomorrow then I'm looking for a push lower to $885.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #3306
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Anyone keeping a eye on YELP or GMCR? It looks ready for a next leg up
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #3307
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

out of AAPL for +10...chart looks abit toppy yet again.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #3308
MRSSIIM3
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SO

this is the best thread ever
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #3309
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

$SPX will pullback 10-15% and go sub 1500 before September.

#timestamp.
      05-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #3310
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post

#timestamp.

Timestamp!...I like that...long time no see Vanity.

We are very close to ST/IT top...should see drop, then rise to get all the momo players back in and make slight new high, then a significant pullback...timing is about right...I too see a drop near 1500(maybe abit lower) within next 2-4 months...but then we make new all time highs yet again...odds favor it will be next spring...but modest chance it could happen this fall...depends on how the crazy late coming bulls behave over the next 3-4 months....when mom and pop enter, its the first sign we are near a substantial top...bear will be vicious next year.

The "bear" news will be some made up story serving as the impetus, but the charts are already showing the bear coming...the news will be an excuse...N Korea gonna make some fake noise?......A scuffle with Iran?......Europe going to claim a recession?...but in the end, it will be Bernanke telling us we can no longer have the free crack(i.e.-buying up worthless mortgage backed securities at full price and ending QE officially)...bank on it!

The moves we are seeing in the 3D printing co's and TSLA pretty much says were getting closer to the end....exponential rises....US Dollar breaking out hence the commodities and metals cratering...something has to give eventually.

Now time stamp this! I called for new all time highs a year and a half ago when many were semi-bearish...I am calling for a real bear(later) now when people getting semi-euphoric...the top always comes when you see Dow/SPX related stories on how the stock mkt is a sure thing rah rah rah, esp. in media such as USA Today...thats when you will know...watch for it late this year to early next yr...the sheeple will cause an overthrow on the charts before the collapse...but for now, its all clear......I will be calling the DEFCON alerts later.

You guys will be thanking me later haha...unless you are ungrateful ingrates...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #3311
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:

#timestamp.
It's fun to make guesses, but what is your reasoning behind that bold statement?

I'm expecting a short term pullback, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest anything greater than a 4-5% re-adjustment.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #3312
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

SPX 1500 is the best we'll get until next year? That's horrible! I want ATH's being set every week for a couple more months then we get a full on stock market crash, lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #3313
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
SPX 1500 is the best we'll get until next year? That's horrible! I want ATH's being set every week for a couple more months then we get a full on stock market crash, lol.
"The Street" seems to think much differently.

S&P 2013 Projected Close (Uated 5/14/13):
Mean-1610
Median-1620
High-1760
Low-1390

HSBC, Oppenheimer, Stifel Nicolaus, and Weeden all raised their targets by at least 90 points.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #3314
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

#timestamp.
I will say it will end up in the mid to high 1400 and the dow at the mid 13000 to high 13000.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #3315
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

It sounds like most of you are basing your hypotheses entirely off technical analysis. While I agree that technical analysis should be strongly considered, I am a big believer that fundamental analysis will win every time in the long run.

The last two big runs we had were in the very late 90s and then in 2007. In both situations the proceding recessions were a direct result of significant flaws in the market.

In the late 90s everyone and their brother was starting up an internet business. Companies were trading at ridiculous prices relative to their earnings and even their earnings potentials.

In the mid 2000s there was a serious lack of regulation with mortgage backed securities. When the housing bubble burst, mortgage backed securities (that were considered AAA in most cases) had a horrible price correction.

Until I see a significant economical flaw in the market, I see nothing to support a correction to the level some of you are suggesting.

I will go on to say that companies like Tesla and 3-D Systems had some good runs, but I expect a sharp pullback with both in the near future. Both are trading at their current levels because of hype rather than their fundamentals.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #3316
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmahany View Post
It sounds like most of you are basing your hypotheses entirely off technical analysis. While I agree that technical analysis should be strongly considered, I am a big believer that fundamental analysis will win every time in the long run.

The last two big runs we had were in the very late 90s and then in 2007. In both situations the proceding recessions were a direct result of significant flaws in the market.

In the late 90s everyone and their brother was starting up an internet business. Companies were trading at ridiculous prices relative to their earnings and even their earnings potentials.

In the mid 2000s there was a serious lack of regulation with mortgage backed securities. When the housing bubble burst, mortgage backed securities (that were considered AAA in most cases) had a horrible price correction.

Until I see a significant economical flaw in the market, I see nothing to support a correction to the level some of you are suggesting.

I will go on to say that companies like Tesla and 3-D Systems had some good runs, but I expect a sharp pullback with both in the near future. Both are trading at their current levels because of hype rather than their fundamentals.
That's the whole point of these corrections or burst of bubble; they come unexpected and nobody knows of the reason why prior.

As for the hype of the stocks you listed, how short can you go before you get your ass handed to you? Apple Had no business being at $700 but it took quiet some time to realize that and the market to price it accordingly. One cannot predict when the market will fundamentally price the stocks correctly and that's the issue with valuations. I agree that in the long run, fundamental analysis will win but lets not forget that it's not fundamentals that prices stock, it's the market and it's participants.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #3317
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

What fundamental analysis are you speaking of? Think about the debt ceiling and the budget deficit and Cyprus, Italy, Greece. The only reason the market is in super bull mode right now is because of the fed's continuous $85 billion pump into the market every month. Once the POMO is over we will be in some trouble.

I don't even think a 10-13% pull back in the market is even a huge correction. I think that is a very healthy pull back for the market to go higher. Remember in 2011 when the market had a nice run and in June we had a major correction (~20%+).

DDD is a good company with a high growth rate, IMO. 174% EPS growth rate. It is heading much higher, IMO. Chart is picture perfect.

I really think the solar sector is a bubble ready to pop. Many of the solar stocks has been soaring 100%+ in the past month.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #3318
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Elliot Wave 5 wave pattern of the SPX
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #3319
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Timestamp!...I like that...long time no see Vanity.

We are very close to ST/IT top...should see drop, then rise to get all the momo players back in and make slight new high, then a significant pullback...timing is about right...I too see a drop near 1500(maybe abit lower) within next 2-4 months...but then we make new all time highs yet again...odds favor it will be next spring...but modest chance it could happen this fall...depends on how the crazy late coming bulls behave over the next 3-4 months....when mom and pop enter, its the first sign we are near a substantial top...bear will be vicious next year.

The "bear" news will be some made up story serving as the impetus, but the charts are already showing the bear coming...the news will be an excuse...N Korea gonna make some fake noise?......A scuffle with Iran?......Europe going to claim a recession?...but in the end, it will be Bernanke telling us we can no longer have the free crack(i.e.-buying up worthless mortgage backed securities at full price and ending QE officially)...bank on it!

Now time stamp this! I called for new all time highs a year and a half ago when many were semi-bearish...I am calling for a real bear(later) now when people getting semi-euphoric...the top always comes when you see Dow/SPX related stories on how the stock mkt is a sure thing rah rah rah, esp. in media such as USA Today...thats when you will know...watch for it late this year to early next yr...the sheeple will cause an overthrow on the charts before the collapse...but for now, its all clear......I will be calling the DEFCON alerts later.

You guys will be thanking me later haha...unless you are ungrateful ingrates...
One of the best calls ever made anywhere. Hope you ended up making some serious cash on that one ! And it's good to be back! Hopefully I will get the chance to post in here more often.

Quote:
It's fun to make guesses, but what is your reasoning behind that bold statement?

I'm expecting a short term pullback, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest anything greater than a 4-5% re-adjustment.

It sounds like most of you are basing your hypotheses entirely off technical analysis.
I don't base my macro calls on technicals. I've stated in the past that my most successful trades (i.e, my most successful trade at the start of the New Year which brought in +70% in 3 weeks) are based on pure fundamentals. What are these fundamentals you ask? Look at Options pricing. Follow the money. The smart money.

Back in March we had a large buyer of $SPX long calls when SPX stood at 1550. 85,000 contracts were bought-up by one-single-buyer. The entire trade was worth billions. Right when talks came in around that time of a pullback, a correction, a crash, etc, we had a large buyer step-up to make a long call on the market. Very rare in size since the bulls in this market tend to sell puts to "be long", actually buying 85,000 call contracts meant the SPX actually had to "go up" to make money. Ergo, bam, we went up.

Well now, Options pricing for SPX Skew is looking ugly. Skew climbed 10%+ in 5 sessions. Just trading within the mindset frame of this bull-market since 08', 100% of the time this Options skew has led to a drop of 6-19%. Right now, it's pricing in a -13% drop, but I like to wrap that within 10-15%. Obviously this is not a "guarantee" the market will fall. But certainly it's not a buy-signal for all the bulls who've been in the game since 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I will say it will end up in the mid to high 1400 and the dow at the mid 13000 to high 13000.
Sounds like we're on the same page. What's your hypothesis?

P.S. For the ST I still think we go higher. VIX term structures are too expensive, $VIX range-bound between 12-13% as it's fair price atm. Front-month futures will come out. Perhaps by Mid-June we should see the beginnings of some Macro-instability "headlines" come up.Top is forming itself atm, possibly. Won't comment on a Top until I see a lower-high. Rarely do we ever sell-off without having a dip followed by a lower-high.For now, dance till the music stops.

Last edited by Vanity; 05-21-2013 at 01:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #3320
nittany
shortstop
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Held onto since 09?!? Wow...very good investor, must be nice to have those nice gains. I'm hoping it break to $60 soon, with Macau going nuts, the new high speed railway, all the upgrades from everyone and rumors of REIT, I think it's very possible. If REIT happens, we hit jackpot, it's going to $80+. Love the volume these days too.

Last month only with the $2.75 per share dividend along with the normal .25 per share dividend was a nice Christmas bonus for us!
LVS
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #3321
nittany
shortstop
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

good thing i got out of lvs in the morning. cmon pullback!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #3322
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

surprise surprise we went down...warning late last week ST top forming...dumped 90% of longs late last week...just temporary though...charts show a ST top and Bernanke fills his dunce role right on cue today.

The big one will be late this year or early next year when he officially ends QE3 but by then, I am sure Goldman Sachs will be fully short the market....then the real fun starts....

I predicted the crash in late 07'...called that real estate bubble in 05' and MBS/CDS meltdown too in early 08'.

Think about this, you see how the tip jar is kinda full when you go into Starbucks right now(take a close look ok), I will bet by next fall it will only have change in it and there will be no dollar bills like you are seeing right now....

We are seeing a massive megaphone pattern over the past 15 years and we will get that overthrow into super bullish territory before the next big selloff...not sure if it will be full on crash or just a major bear, stay tuned.
Appreciate 0