BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #1
DuaneTh
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 2008 E92

Front Lip Jerez Black

I have an e92 2008 Jerez Black. It has black rims and Kidney grills. I am looking at a front lip or splitters but not sure of the Carbon Fibre when I have the full black thing happening.

Anyone have pics of Jerez or Jet Black with carbon fibre or any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #2
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Check out my garage and you'll see a few pix of Jerez with CF bits. I think it looks as awesome as a 70s mustache, but I am biased...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/bpgarag...o=view&id=8206
      11-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneTh View Post
I have an e92 2008 Jerez Black. It has black rims and Kidney grills. I am looking at a front lip or splitters but not sure of the Carbon Fibre when I have the full black thing happening.

Just did mine... this is right after install. Some hand prints on the bumper and wasn't washed... but you get the idea

Jerez black with Revinora street chin lip carbon fiber
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT

Last edited by Nati Beastcat; 11-26-2012 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
DuaneTh
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 2008 E92

Guys, many thanks love both.

Nati, is yours painted back?

PS : 70's Mo's Rock
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Guys, many thanks love both.

Nati, is yours painted back?

PS : 70's Mo's Rock
Not painted. Revinora has a black edge around the whole spoiler which is nice because it kinda blends it for you.

Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT

Last edited by Nati Beastcat; 11-27-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
Boostin FD
Bored all the time
United_States
Rep
Drives: Batmobile

I have Arkym one on mine.. check out the link in my signature.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #7
JZBE92
I poop at work to save money on toilet paper.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SOLD, FR-S Monogram

oem splitters
Attached Images

2012 JZB E92 M3 Coupe. DCT/ZCP. Paint Match IND Cosmetic Package, Arkym Bumper, Verstrabe Paddles, LUX Angel Eyes, Vorsteiner double sided CF CSL trunk lid, Evolve Valve Exhaust, 19x9.5 et 21, 19x10.5 et 22 TE37 SL Pressed Graphite
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
Detroit M3
Major
Rep
Drives: Murdered E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post
Just did mine... this is right after install. Some hand prints on the bumper and wasn't washed... but you get the idea

Hear Revinora has iffy quality

My Mode Carbon Gts Spoiler

11-30-2012, 03:44 AM   #9
DjZotic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post

Hear Revinora has iffy quality

My Mode Carbon Gts Spoiler

Don't really know where you heard that nonsense from , but I own a Revinora R-GTS front lip which is made ONLY out of carbon fiber and epoxy resin , and it is made in Los angels CA . As far as for "mode carbon" they ship parts over from china (like a lot of the retail vendors) which has only a cosmetic layer of carbon fiber , and the rest is plain old fiberglass , made with polyester resin (surfboard resin). I have had first experience with both parts and manufacture . As I will say and many other happy customers on the boards will say is Revinora and other NON-CHINA MADE BRANDS are quality made and worth the wait and money
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjZotic View Post
Don't really know where you heard that nonsense from , but I own a Revinora R-GTS front lip which is made ONLY out of carbon fiber and epoxy resin , and it is made in Los angels CA . As far as for "mode carbon" they ship parts over from china (like a lot of the retail vendors) which has only a cosmetic layer of carbon fiber , and the rest is plain old fiberglass , made with polyester resin (surfboard resin). I have had first experience with both parts and manufacture . As I will say and many other happy customers on the boards will say is Revinora and other NON-CHINA MADE BRANDS are quality made and worth the wait and money
Not sure about mode carbon's quality as I have never seen the product first hand. Adding to the Revinora comment, you can tell its 100% carbon fiber and was hand made. There were delays in the process but the owner was up front and kept an open line of communication. I got the feeling the parts are made to order more or less vs. a mass production type of item. Hard to explain but you could almost smell it coming out of the box? Like they had just finished it, wrapped it up and shipped it to you. When you first place it to the bumper it doesn't look like its going to fit properly. Once you start applying screws in the right spot the piece flexes right in place.

Last edited by Nati Beastcat; 11-30-2012 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #11
Detroit M3
Major
Rep
Drives: Murdered E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjZotic View Post
Wrong. A friend of mine told me that his revinora lip was bad quality that's why I'm saying this. He ended up selling his lip before he even installed it. Mode Carbon makes real carbon fiber pieces you are very misinformed.
      11-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
Ryan@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: ACR

Vorsteiner front lip painted Jerez black courtesy of our client Edu09

11-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #13
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X6MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X6MC  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3  [8.68]
I had BOTH lip. The Revinora was flimsy and super thin. The cf was so thin you can see sunlight through the other side. Mode Carbon- strong, regid, HEAVY, and beautiful carbon fiber. I believe there is a mixture of fiberglass and carbon fiber with Mode Carbon. Quality is great.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X6MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X6MC  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3  [8.68]
Quote:

You can check out my garage <<<<<< to see my old setup with a Challenge Lip.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #15
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bape_sta206
I had BOTH lip. The Revinora was flimsy and super thin. The cf was so thin you can see sunlight through the other side. Mode Carbon- strong, regid, HEAVY, and beautiful carbon fiber. I believe there is a mixture of fiberglass and carbon fiber with Mode Carbon. Quality is great.
Thought carbon fiber was supposed to be "light"? Lol.... thinking about the mode carbon diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #16
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Revinora lip really looks good, I might consider the FRP version. Problem with CF lips is that once you hit rocks and even scrape a little the clear gloss cracks and it is game over. I actually drive this car a lot and go to the track so delicate CF lips are out.
      12-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #17
advans
Advansolosis
Rep
Drives: ///M+////AMG

mine is a painted arkym and jzb grilles too,

2011 E90 M3, ESS VT2-650, 2015 GL550
Appreciate 0