BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

08-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
RJD M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Revinora Race Lip...

There have been a few posts about this lip before, but no one is responding now about where to find this lip for the E9X M3. Anyone, or more importantly vendors out there know where to get this? TIA..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
mike2016
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 MW ZCP

the car belongs to Oshin02 so I guess PM him and see if he will tell you
      08-14-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD M3 View Post
There have been a few posts about this lip before, but no one is responding now about where to find this lip for the E9X M3. Anyone, or more importantly vendors out there know where to get this? TIA..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2016 View Post
the car belongs to Oshin02 so I guess PM him and see if he will tell you
Seriously?

That's not a good sign if this is a legitimate product...

Business Management 101: Employ sales tactics that make it EASY for your clients to purchase your products. geez...
      08-14-2009, 03:20 AM   #4
KWY91
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 (on order), 458

I'm sure at least 1 vendor would know? JLevi or IND? Anyone???

It sure is an awesome design!

Lamborghini's Mica Orange E93 M3
Akrapovic Exhaust //Challenge Rear CF diffuser//ESS VT-575 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 03:43 AM   #5
noxredna
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 M3, 1M, F10 M5

Haha well that sure is a true thing when you are selling a commodity part but

Marketing 201 teaches you that in a luxury good situation, control supply so you can charge a premium when demand curve intersects the supply curve higher up to the left!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Seriously?

That's not a good sign if this is a legitimate product...

Business Management 101: Employ sales tactics that make it EASY for your clients to purchase your products. geez...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 05:37 AM   #6
RJD M3
Private First Class
Rep

ya tried Oshin and no answer and in an earlier post from him he mentioned a website in Canada, but its not on their website and searching for anything about them has proved fruitless.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 06:14 AM   #7
KWY91
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 (on order), 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
Haha well that sure is a true thing when you are selling a commodity part but

Marketing 201 teaches you that in a luxury good situation, control supply so you can charge a premium when demand curve intersects the supply curve higher up to the left!
And that would cause a supply bottleneck in the Long Run, Hence price will Increase! Economics 101

Lamborghini's Mica Orange E93 M3
Akrapovic Exhaust //Challenge Rear CF diffuser//ESS VT-575 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #8
Lemans_Blue_M
United_States
Rep

LOL...you guys crack me up.

Reninora is not even a real company. It's a figment of someone's imagination at this point.

Let's review:

No company website or physical business address (brick-and-mortar building)

No dealer network

No detailed product information available

No searchable/verifiable company history

No idea of the overall quality or build construction material/techniques used on any given product

No way to directly communicate with the company itself

No way to protect yourself if the company wants to scam you ($$$$)

No way to insure proper fitment on your car for any part they sell

No idea if any customer service (after the sale) even exists

No established Owner/General Manager/President/CEO that a consumers can use as a reference point. (for business credibility purposes)

There is clearly no attempt on the part of the individuals who conjured up Reninora, to make a concerted effort in this regard.

Everything I just posted, should be firmly in place before the first part is ever sold. That tells me a lot about this "brand" already. It's clearly a short term venture designed to be a cash grab for those who are running the show. Unfortunately ther are people stupid enough to hand over their check or credit card number, to a company that does not meet even the minimum requirements needed to be considered a viable business in the first place.

Running a legitimate business enterprise is hard enough, when you actually invest the time, energy, and money necessary into making it work. That investment shows up in a number of ways, and it becomes very clear to your clientèle whether or not you are really committed to long term success. (i.e., you plan to stick around)

Fly-by-night operations are very easy to identify. They cut as many corners as possible, to make sure that every available dollar coming in goes directly into their pocket. They are here today, and gone tomorrow. Get in, cash in, and get out fast.

If you have made the poor decision to buy a product from such a company, then any problems you incur later on is your own fault IMO.

Investing or re-investing that revenue stream back into their business never crosses their mind. The manner in which a business or brand name is managed, can tell you a lot about the person or persons who run the company. It's a clear window into the mind of the people in control.

I have gained this knowledge through education, training, and nearly 20 years of business management experience in the real world folks.

It takes a huge commitment to properly run a legitimate business on a day-to-day basis. Dealing with customers (sales and or customer service issues), authorized dealers and distributors, raw material vendors, shipping and freight companies, design and product R&D projects, taxes, lease agreements, legal contracts, etc., etc, etc...

On occasion, you openly wonder whether it's even worth it sometimes.

I certainly hope the previous posters in this thread were just kidding around with the comments they made about actually buying a product from a company no one can even locate.

Hopefully the members of this board are not so easily duped by a pretty picture, that they don't use some common sense.

Only a fool would buy an expensive aftermarket product from any company with all the question marks I listed above.

And we all know what they say about a fool and his money...
      08-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

^^Couldn't agree more.

But...for the less risk averse among you, I believe Need 4 Speed in LA, and Euro AutoWorks in Canada are both Revinora dealers. They might be able to get you more info.
      08-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #10
Lemans_Blue_M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
^^Couldn't agree more.

But...for the less risk averse among you, I believe Need 4 Speed in LA, and Euro AutoWorks in Canada are both Revinora dealers. They might be able to get you more info.
Yes I have seen those two "dealers" myself. That doesn't make that much difference, and I'll tell you why...

#1 Need for Speed is a tire and wheel shop in socal, and they don't even mention Revinora on it's website. (at all) They also do not list Revinora as manufacturer in there drop down list. There is no information available.

#2 The other "dealer" is in another country (Canada), and they don't have much information about Revinora either. Euroautowerks doesn't even provide a phone number to talk with anyone directly.

Bottom line: It's very risky to buy parts in this manner. You are totally exposed in such a transaction, and the probability of fraud is very high.

Apparently, Revinora does not believe the general public deserves the right know what they are buying. If so, they would have made a more concerted effort to put out that information in the public domain. (fact)

It only costs a $200-$300 these days to build a simple, straightforward company website, so your potential customers can contact you directly.

There is simply no excuse for that in this day and age. Every company that sells parts on the internet, should at least have a functioning website from day one. Period.

Denying that access to your potential customers, suggests a number of things. (none of them good)

The fact that it's nearly impossible to reach this company directly with a simple search, tells me this is not a legitimate brand name that should be taken seriously.

If they were, they would behave in manner that fosters confidence in their brand name, and in the product line they sell. Giving your customers an avenue to inquire about the availability of your products is a no brainier.

Not doing so, sends up a red flag to stay away.

Legitimate businesses do not run away and hide from the very people they want to reach. The only ones that do...need to be avoided at all costs.

History and common sense have taught us this valuable lesson.
      08-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
Swancoat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

So, where can I send my check for this awesome lip to?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swancoat View Post
So, where can I send my check for this awesome lip to?

With all the trouble getting the fit and allignment right, I wouldn't even mess with a body kit from a reputable manufacturer/dealer. LBM is exactly right: if you can't even find these guys to make a purchase, imagine how hard it will be to find them to get it fixed.
      08-15-2009, 07:56 AM   #13
RJD M3
Private First Class
Rep

Sweet. Looks I will be getting springs instead of a lip. But, does anyone know of a similar looking lip (ref: Oshin02's thread) from a company that has a real business model
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #14
RJD M3
Private First Class
Rep

Just got word back from Euroautoworks in Canada, the lip is 1250 and thats about all of the info they provide as there is nothing at all on their website. Still bummed as it looks (to me) like one the best lips appearance wise.
Appreciate 0