BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

12-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #23
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #24
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
I have ordered a melbourne red and fox/black car but I'm getting near chickening out because I have been unable to see the fox red as of yet. Having it in hand do you folks think it would clash with the paint? I really hate to go through another all black interior but I have been toying with moving to extended black before it is too late.
The red's don't match. For my taste, they clash.

Personally, I'd make SURE I was okay with that before ordering....
      12-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #25
Vybz
Captain
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: Adidas and Puma

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [8.60]
Quote:
I have ordered a melbourne red and fox/black car but I'm getting near chickening out because I have been unable to see the fox red as of yet. Having it in hand do you folks think it would clash with the paint? I really hate to go through another all black interior but I have been toying with moving to extended black before it is too late.
I'd have to agree with the others. If you have doubt and you want to be 100% drop by a dealership and check out fox red in person, you'll see what I and others are talking about. It is DEFINITELY NOT the vibrant red of MR, and is much closer to almost a burnt orange in color.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #26
Vybz
Captain
Jamaica
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [8.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruza View Post
Nice looking ///M man (especially w/ the two tone interior and ZCP Wheels).

Mine hits stateside in January. Anyone up for a gtg in the spring (or sooner)?
Always down for a GTG bro As long as I'm not deployed, you can pretty much guarantee I'll be there. Don't forget to check our 3 Series brethren's forum too. I know they have a DIY/Coding meet coming up and some other meet in January.

Plus if you want to watch TTG slap me around as he teaches me how to properly use a Porter to detail my car, by all means show up for that too.

Thanks to all who commented on the car, didn't realize people were still posting in this thread lol, my bad on the delay.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #27
crabman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M

I wasn't looking for yes men (or women Julie) but rather honest opinions so thanks folks. There are none to look at as according to a search I had done at the dealership no example of this exists in BMWs inventory in NA. Six cars all ordered as such by customers with my exact combination of options have been sold in NA in the previous six month period so it clearly is not a common color combination. Hmmmm lol I really don't want another all black interior....
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #28
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
I wasn't looking for yes men (or women Julie) but rather honest opinions so thanks folks. There are none to look at as according to a search I had done at the dealership no example of this exists in BMWs inventory in NA. Six cars all ordered as such by customers with my exact combination of options have been sold in NA in the previous six month period so it clearly is not a common color combination. Hmmmm lol I really don't want another all black interior....
Fox is a really brownish red (almost like old brick red), which doesn't match the vivid Melbourne Red Metallic.
      12-31-2011, 12:32 AM   #29
crabman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Fox is a really brownish red (almost like old brick red), which doesn't match the vivid Melbourne Red Metallic.
I'm committed to the Melbourne Red as I have black now and behind it lie silver, charcoal and white. I need a color for paint. lol All those had black interiors, I don't like like the silver and beige holds up poorly so how I spice up the interior is becoming a question mark. I'm thinking about calling up and seeing if I can go individual come next Tuesday. Even some red stitching or something would be a welcome bit of life in the oh so tired sea of black.

As an aside I recall that you had a Fame Freiheit exhaust on your car? If you would be willing I would like to get your impressions of it. I knew about 4 seconds into my test drive I was going to need some more sound. Not a lot though, I need a daily driver exhaust. I have heard the M performance exhaust and one of the vendors here is selling for 3600 shipped to puget sound. I do like that one a lot but at that price I figure I might as well look at the more interesting stuff too and one of the few that might fit my needs is the Fame Freiheit. It might be best to respond via PM. I'm not wanting to take off with vybz's thread, it's his day in the sun.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 01:31 AM   #30
linuxd00d
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

Quote:
I'm committed to the Melbourne Red as I have black now and behind it lie silver, charcoal and white. I need a color for paint.
My main issue with MR is that it doesn't seem to have the deep metallic wet look of most other colors. But hey, that's just my taste. It's still a nice color.

Quote:
All those had black interiors, I don't like like the silver and beige holds up poorly so how I spice up the interior is becoming a question mark. I'm thinking about calling up and seeing if I can go individual come next Tuesday. Even some red stitching or something would be a welcome bit of life in the oh so tired sea of black.
Yeah, MR stitching on black would be killer in an MR car. Also, you know that inch-wide vertical line in the leather in the top center of the seat? Get that in MR also. I'd be curious to hear how much that costs.

Quote:
I'm not wanting to take off with vybz's thread, it's his day in the sun.
I think it's too late for that, your hijack topic has more posts than the OP's new car
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #31
Vybz
Captain
Jamaica
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [8.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxd00d View Post
I think it's too late for that, your hijack topic has more posts than the OP's new car
Lol my time in the sun ended a long time ago I wouldn't expect a new car thread to get more then 10-15 responses unless it's completely decked out with individual everything ( probably something similar to Julie's new ride ) otherwise it's a slightly different spin to something everyone's already seen numerous times before... just the truth :/

As I said before I had no idea people had even posted here after the initial group , and it's not like i'm seeking chronic praise for a completely stock e92 M3 lol. If after seeing my interior it inspired crab to ask the question on fox red, then I'm glad this thread managed to accomplish even more.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #32
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
crabman, since Vybz said he doesn't mind then here are a couple of pics of Fox Red/Black on Melbourne Red that I've come across

I find this pic represents the Fox Red fairly well. It's a difficult color to photograph. The pics are from rye M3's car. (He also installed the Performance OEM carbon fibre trim in the first pic)

This pic shows how 'burnt orange' Fox Red can look in the sunlight, and therefore how it can contrast with the melbourne red. Fox Red is not as light as this, but it just gives you an idea of the two different reds.

I know there are a couple or more members on here who have that combo and love it. If you love it, then it's beautiful. But it doesn't look like the picture in the configurator.

If you are considering the possibility of Individual, I am going to suggest a knock-out color, IMHO, for the Melbourne Red exterior, which is Platinum. I've seen it done in person (although with an Individual Imola Red exterior, which is a slightly lighter red). It was magnifique.
      12-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #33
crabman
Captain
Rep

I have done a search net wide and also this forums local search. I did come across a few pics here and there and there are some on the last page of the melbourne red section of the color sticky here. The color is hard to pin down which is why I was looking for an opinion from someone who has it. I have to be down in Seattle on Tuesday anyways to meet my accountant so I also scheduled a meet with the dealer (Seattle BMW) and I'm going to look at my options and see about individual. TBH I think I would rather have something I don't like than all black again. Course once I was there I might change my mind on that.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #34
Vybz
Captain
Jamaica
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [8.60]
I forgot about rye's car ... The 2nd picture of his car in Julie's post is probably the closest I've ever seen a picture capture fox red's true color.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #35
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vybz View Post
Thanks All!

A little dirty since I didn't hesitate at all to start breaking in ( roadtrip to portland ) but when I get some time put aside, I'll get to work and detail the car properly.

Anyways, thanks again! Enjoy...

Bone stock atm, but that'll change in due time ...

A part of me is telling me this is on Ridgetop...? If I ever see you, I may just tailgate you to gawk at the beauty!
Appreciate 0