BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

12-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #23
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Would they work with Vorshlag plates and swift springs for our application? At this point Im leaning towards an Ohlins set up when they release it in spring, but this could def be a great alternative if we can get some more feedback.

These look extremely promising.
Here is another 1M owner who has JRZ RS1, Vorshlag Plates, and HyperCo springs. Swift spring should not be a problem.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...&highlight=JRZ

VS Motorsports has first hand street and track experience with many different suspension setups, so I'm sure they can point you in the right direction in regards to springs.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #24
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Would they work with Vorshlag plates and swift springs for our application? At this point Im leaning towards an Ohlins set up when they release it in spring, but this could def be a great alternative if we can get some more feedback.

These look extremely promising.
If you are having them built to use the stock style springs the typical 2.25 inch spring won't work. Since the strut on the front would be different. On our set and the link posted to the 1M there is the ring you can see welded to the strut body. That is to hold the stock spring perch in place, and you get the perch from the stock strut.

If you are doing a normal coilover kit from JRZ the shock body is usually threaded. So if you wanted to do a swift set up you would want the standard design set up and not one made to use the stock spring size.

Ohlins is also a great set up. We had a chance to talk with them a bit at the PRI show. Were you looking at there Road&Track set up? Just assuming that since the TTX series is out but that is more of a race only suspension.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #25
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSmotorsports View Post
If you are having them built to use the stock style springs the typical 2.25 inch spring won't work. Since the strut on the front would be different. On our set and the link posted to the 1M there is the ring you can see welded to the strut body. That is to hold the stock spring perch in place, and you get the perch from the stock strut.

If you are doing a normal coilover kit from JRZ the shock body is usually threaded. So if you wanted to do a swift set up you would want the standard design set up and not one made to use the stock spring size.

Ohlins is also a great set up. We had a chance to talk with them a bit at the PRI show. Were you looking at there Road&Track set up? Just assuming that since the TTX series is out but that is more of a race only suspension.
I would want the JRZs with the threaded body, normal coilover design so I can set my ride heights.

I'm looking at the Road and Track kit. TTX is some amazing gear, but overkill for dual purpose car IMO.
      12-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #26
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

That is what we would recommend too. JRZ with the threaded body is a better idea, much wider variety of ways to set up the car. You can always spring it soft if you are looking for a ride like the 1m guy was talking about.

The Road&Track Kits are very nice we have seen them on a lot of evo's. Can't wait for them to release the kit for the M3. A great kit for stre
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #27
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
That is what we would recommend too. JRZ with the threaded body is a better idea, much wider variety of ways to set up the car. You can always spring it soft if you are looking for a ride like the 1m guy was talking about.

The Road&Track Kits are very nice we have seen them on a lot of evo's. Can't wait for them to release the kit for the M3. A great kit for stre
Based on what you know right now, would you say one is better then the other for a dual purpose car?
      12-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #28
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Based on what you know right now, would you say one is better then the other for a dual purpose car?
When I saw the E46 M3 rear shocks for the Road&Track kit the bottom bushing was rubber. On the JRZ kit they used a mono ball bearing. So it may seem the road&track is better for those that are mostly street. Not that it is a good way to go off comparing but just a small deatil in differences. I would like to wait to see and drive in a Road & Track set up car first.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #29
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Any idea on cost of the RS1s? From what I have read, easily below $3000.
      12-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #30
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
When I saw the E46 M3 rear shocks for the Road&Track kit the bottom bushing was rubber. On the JRZ kit they used a mono ball bearing. So it may seem the road&track is better for those that are mostly street. Not that it is a good way to go off comparing but just a small deatil in differences. I would like to wait to see and drive in a Road & Track set up car first.
I kinda have an itch to get something now, but I have to wait till the Ohlins stuff comes out, I used their stuff on my bikes and they are simply amazing products. I have pretty high expectations. I have tried KW CS and Moton SS on my M3, both kits were just OK for my needs. I need a good dual purpose set up.

I had ordered JRZ RS set up, but that would have killed my daily commute, so I cancelled it, plus there were some issues with the vendor.
      12-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #31
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Any idea on cost of the RS1s? From what I have read, easily below $3000.
The dampers only retail for $2,499.

Quote:
I kinda have an itch to get something now, but I have to wait till the Ohlins stuff comes out, I used their stuff on my bikes and they are simply amazing products. I have pretty high expectations. I have tried KW CS and Moton SS on my M3, both kits were just OK for my needs. I need a good dual purpose set up.

I had ordered JRZ RS set up, but that would have killed my daily commute, so I cancelled it, plus there were some issues with the vendor.
Ohlins is some of the best suspension there is, so there is no doubt it will be a good set up. I agree the JRZ Rs might have been too much for a daily car. Depends on the person but they tend to be on the harsher side for street driving. Which is why it would be nice to see if the RS-1 is better on the double duty.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #32
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Any updates on the RS1s?