BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

BPM

04-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Alex Noll @ Advanced BMW Repair

Need some work done in Houston?

I just had Alex do my alignment after installing the Vorshlag camber plates. He set the street setting, marked the plates and then checked maximum available camber for track and where that would put toe, then set it back to street setting at -1.2. Set up rear for static setting for both applications at -1.9. Did it all with me in the seat as that will influence the results. He is an excellent BMW mechanic. You should see all the cars he has ripped apart for some serious repair. There were two Lambos in there, a Maserati, 911 turbos, race cars, a 911 RS3, etc. His personal E36 M3 is such a sleeper. Looks bone stock from outside but puts out 620/740 on a mustang dyno.

For those that don't know, he used to work for a dealership on the west coast, moved here and worked for Advantage Downtown and BMW North up in Spring. He's been doing solo work on the side and just went 100% independent. He can fab up just about anything as well as he came from the rock crawler/buggy world.

I am a pretty experienced wrencher, so there are very, very few people that I will let touch any vehicle I own, but he is one. He can do your HPDE tech inspections as well. If you need work done by a pro and don't want to get raped at a dealership, look him up. He will accommodate some crazy schedules as well with evening work and weekend work if you are in a pinch.

I plan to add a set of gauges in front of the shifter. I hate anything electrical or anything involving wiring, so I am taking the M3 to him for that.

And no, I have absolutely no financial interest in his business whatsoever. Just giving a deserving guy some support.

www.advancedbimmerrepair.com

https://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
Stoptech 380mm/355mm | PFC08 / Pagid RS-29 | Akrapovic EVO - CF tips | Benvo Tune | MS UDP | AA air filter | MCS 2-way with 700/1000lb springs | Solid bushings and adjustable links | RD front swaybar | Apex EC-7 18x10 square 275/35-18 NT01 | Turner Race Studs | GT4 Brake Cooling | GT4 Power Steering Cooling | Alekshop Oil Cooler | Performance Steering Wheel | | CF Spoiler | Varis System 1 Full CF Diffuser | Extended Paddle Shifters | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | Turner Steering Rack Stops | Vorshlag Camber Plates

Last edited by surlynkid; 04-27-2013 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #2
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Alex's new website is

www.abrhouston.com
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
Tortoise
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 / 2022 F90 M5C

Garage List
2022 BMW M5C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
Alex's new website is

www.abrhouston.com
I will second that referral. Alex is the guy to see when you need someone to fix the "other shop's" work.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
Brentster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 (his) 2011 e90 (hers)

Agreed. I've been to him several times and he's the only guy I want working on my car. He installed my Performance Exhaust on Monday.
Appreciate 0