BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

07-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
frindim
Rep
Drives: AP 2002 325i

Have any of your "friends" evaded cops?

I know its not right, but it does make a good story, anyone here "know" someone who has done this and either got caught or got away?

I have a "friend" who was ticked already once that week (a few miles over speed limit) and couldn't afford to be pulled over again. My "friend" was driving 40 on a long strech of 25 mph road when he passed a cop who was on the other side of the road. The cop put on his lights and pulled a 180. My "friend" stepped on it and took a sharp turn down a street, reveresed into a driveway and turned off the lights. The cop drove past him and never caught him.

What are your stories?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
William
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i w/ hamann kit

well not a friend just a person i know said he ran away from a helicopter cop by hiding under places.

I doubt that but then again if you see him and what he does (deals coke)
and its little more believable but i really don't care.

this should be in off topic BTW
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
frindim
Rep

Sorry everyone if this is in the wrong topic. I am new here and didn't know where to put it. How do I move the topic there?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
William
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i w/ hamann kit

mods will automatically do it XD

people come on back to the subject name your escapes
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #5
bigpapapablo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

i know someone who did so....just outran him and shut off his lights...this was in a modded a4 1.8t
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:29 PM   #6
frindim
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
well not a friend just a person i know said he ran away from a helicopter cop by hiding under places.
That is a pretty cool story, it reminds me of the movie Good Fellas'.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
frindim
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapapablo View Post
i know someone who did so....just outran him and shut off his lights...this was in a modded a4 1.8t
Where did he do it? Was it main road or highway, or was it like a city road or a suburban road?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:50 PM   #8
tzuten
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 07 335i

Back in 97 I had a BPU'd 96 Supra TT. I was coming home at 2am from a party, slowed down, rolled through a stop sign at a 4 way stop.. As I was rolling through, a police cruiser's light bar coming on caught the corner of my right eye. The cruiser was about a quarter mile or so down the road from the intersection. At that point, I gunned the car, made a sharp left into my housing track, as I was making the left the cruiser was making a right at the intersection I rolled through (nearly a mile back at this point). Held my garage door opener the whole way down the street, made another right onto my street, the door was almost open. Drove up into the garage, released the manual lever on the garage door and slammed it shut. Took a wretch and broke the overhead light bulb on the garage door.

Peered out the window of the garage and saw the cruiser drive by.. One of the biggest rushes of my life. Although after that, I was very wary for a few months driving the supra around my neighborhood.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:54 PM   #9
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

I knew someone who ran from the cops twice for speeding, he was going 8o something in a 45 zone and passed the cop and turned down his street and parked his car in the garage. The second time the cop was in the same place and he flew past him well this time they cop had a general idea of where he lived and before he could get the garage door down a few cops were out front with guns drawn.

Its really not worth the evading charge, I have "run" a few times but they have never had their lights on yet I know they pulled a 180 to come get me or pulled out of a street to get me since they had been camping out for a while, but if they ever turn their lights on no matter how far ahead I am I will stop and wait.

Last week I was making a left hand turn on an empty street at like 2 am and was going WOT squealing my tires. And a cop was in the parking lot which I didnt see until I made the turn, started his car up and by the time he pulled out I was a good mile ahead and quickly went to my buddies house. But again if the cop turned on his lights right away I would of stopped but since he didnt I may or may not of broken the speed limit to avoid a possible pull over.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #10
frindim
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzuten View Post
Back in 97 I had a BPU'd 96 Supra TT. I was coming home at 2am from a party, slowed down, rolled through a stop sign at a 4 way stop.. As I was rolling through, a police cruiser's light bar coming on caught the corner of my right eye. The cruiser was about a quarter mile or so down the road from the intersection. At that point, I gunned the car, made a sharp left into my housing track, as I was making the left the cruiser was making a right at the intersection I rolled through (nearly a mile back at this point). Held my garage door opener the whole way down the street, made another right onto my street, the door was almost open. Drove up into the garage, released the manual lever on the garage door and slammed it shut. Took a wretch and broke the overhead light bulb on the garage door.

Peered out the window of the garage and saw the cruiser drive by.. One of the biggest rushes of my life. Although after that, I was very wary for a few months driving the supra around my neighborhood.
Wow, that is an awesome story. It is such a rush.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #11
mayno
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i / 2018 BMW 430i Conv

i did once a long time ago (12 years or so ago). i was driving my 89 VW GTI 16V (full bilstein sport suspension, front/rear swaybars and upper-strut tie-bar and Yokohoma A008R tires). car handled like a slot car.

anyway, i was heading west down hyperion avenue over the LA river about 10pm from Silverlake...i was going about 90mph or so. fyi, i just got the suspension installed a few days before. so i was hauling ass down the road when suddenly i see an LAPD car going up Hyperion...as soon as i passed him i quickly looked into my rear view mirror and noticed he was going to pull a u-turn. so during those few thousandths of a second i figured i could get away since i had a huge lead on him (i was going 90+ when i passed him and he hadn't even completed half of his u-turn...so i race down onto glendale blvd (hyperion turns into glendale blvd) and sped about a 1/2 mile from the point i saw the cop...i then made a right turn onto some dark side street and turned off my lights and quickly found an apt complex and pulled into one of the empty parking spaces...i then got out of my car and was walking down the sidewalk acting as if i was taking an evening stroll. i figured i'd walk around the block and i'd be clear to get back into my car and go home.

after about half way around the block i hear car and look and see the cop car w/ his lights off cruising stealthily down the street looking for my car (which was 1 block north of where they were at). i of course paid no attention to them and continued walking. they'd occasionally flash their spotlight down driveways but that was it...even if they would've shined their light where i parked my car, they would not have seen my car since it wasn't visible from the street.

needless to say, i completed my evening stroll and jumped back in my car and slowly drove home!

honestly, i'd never do that again...i was young and stupid then. but man it was such a huge rush and really satisfying to escape capture!!!

Last edited by mayno; 07-18-2007 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: edit
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #12
frindim
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
I knew someone who ran from the cops twice for speeding, he was going 8o something in a 45 zone and passed the cop and turned down his street and parked his car in the garage. The second time the cop was in the same place and he flew past him well this time they cop had a general idea of where he lived and before he could get the garage door down a few cops were out front with guns drawn.

Its really not worth the evading charge, I have "run" a few times but they have never had their lights on yet I know they pulled a 180 to come get me or pulled out of a street to get me since they had been camping out for a while, but if they ever turn their lights on no matter how far ahead I am I will stop and wait.

Last week I was making a left hand turn on an empty street at like 2 am and was going WOT squealing my tires. And a cop was in the parking lot which I didnt see until I made the turn, started his car up and by the time he pulled out I was a good mile ahead and quickly went to my buddies house. But again if the cop turned on his lights right away I would of stopped but since he didnt I may or may not of broken the speed limit to avoid a possible pull over.
Wow, sucks for the friend. I have always wondered just how bad and evading charge is. Sometimes though, an evading charge can be much better compared to other charges you may be facing if stopped.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 08:02 PM   #13
RobM
Can't get enough fast AWD cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Evo MR/07 E92 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frindim View Post
Sometimes though, an evading charge can be much better compared to other charges you may be facing if stopped.
WHAT!?!?

You'd have the evading charge ON TOP of all of the other charges you'd be facing if you had just pulled over. Personally, the fewer the things that they can get me for, the better. Just me, though.
      07-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #14
frindim
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
WHAT!?!?

You'd have the evading charge ON TOP of all of the other charges you'd be facing if you had just pulled over. Personally, the fewer the things that they can get me for, the better. Just me, though.
Yeah, I realized after posting that it made no sense. What I meant to say was, if you are risking some serious penalties, sometimes it makes more sense to try and run. Does that make a little more sense?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 08:42 PM   #15
murellus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 x3m40i

in upstate ny driving back from vermont, on a downhill, i passed 5 cars (passing zone) at about 125mph. by the time i was committed my friend said fuck a cop and pointed to a cop pointed right at us on the shoulder of the road. at this point i had no choice but to continue my passing manuever. strangely, there was no chase. we assumed he was asleep.

so not technically evading a cop, but in the general spirit of it.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #16
bigpapapablo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Where did he do it? Was it main road or highway, or was it like a city road or a suburban road?
it was on a suburban main road. it goes through many towns. 3 am. he blew every stop light until the cop car kept getting smaller and smaller in his rearview mirror.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 09:21 PM   #17
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I had it on video somewhere on my computer...heres how it went.

I just bought a sticky pod and was soo excited to use it, that i just said screw this im having a run right now...so its like 12 on a weekday and their isnt much traffic if any...anways, im driving spiritedly (55 in a 35) and have this camera mounted on the rear fender of my car...as im approaching an intersection i need to make a left, but the turning light turns yellow. So i downshift and take the turn, tires squeeled a bit, back end came out sligtly, wanted to see how it looked from the angle as im getting into the intersection, the light jsut cuts to red. im like fuck it i cant brake. I go, lucky me there is a cop sitting at the intersection light. im already taking the turn at around 45 in 2nd gear (heel-toed it from third before the turn =D) as i exit the turn his lights turn on...i reacted subconsciously...i floored it...i knew the area like the back of my hand so i made my first possible right then cut it into a boston market then exited from the back then made a jumble of turn...i then jump out of the car,rip the sticky pod out throw it in my trunk and kill the lights for a few minutes...shaken up i slowly exit...no cop in sight. i get home and never have had that much fun. =0 it was a rush...wont do it again, but i coulndt get a ticket for something so stupid.
      07-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #18
frindim
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
I had it on video somewhere on my computer...heres how it went.

I just bought a sticky pod and was soo excited to use it, that i just said screw this im having a run right now...so its like 12 on a weekday and their isnt much traffic if any...anways, im driving spiritedly (55 in a 35) and have this camera mounted on the rear fender of my car...as im approaching an intersection i need to make a left, but the turning light turns yellow. So i downshift and take the turn, tires squeeled a bit, back end came out sligtly, wanted to see how it looked from the angle as im getting into the intersection, the light jsut cuts to red. im like fuck it i cant brake. I go, lucky me there is a cop sitting at the intersection light. im already taking the turn at around 45 in 2nd gear (heel-toed it from third before the turn =D) as i exit the turn his lights turn on...i reacted subconsciously...i floored it...i knew the area like the back of my hand so i made my first possible right then cut it into a boston market then exited from the back then made a jumble of turn...i then jump out of the car,rip the sticky pod out throw it in my trunk and kill the lights for a few minutes...shaken up i slowly exit...no cop in sight. i get home and never have had that much fun. =0 it was a rush...wont do it again, but i coulndt get a ticket for something so stupid.
Wow... I nominate this best story yet! Thats much cooler than mine lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #19
tzuten
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 07 335i

Aside from my story, I totally forgot I have a video of friend/co-worker that was smashed outta his mind and outran Newport Beach PD in his 5 series BMW. Anyone know where I should host this? It's about a 38 meg file...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #20
frindim
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzuten View Post
Aside from my story, I totally forgot I have a video of friend/co-worker that was smashed outta his mind and outran Newport Beach PD in his 5 series BMW. Anyone know where I should host this? It's about a 38 meg file...
Just upload it onto youtube, google video.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #21
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Garage List
Quote:
Just upload it onto youtube, google video.
+1!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #22
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
You guys are crazy. I wouldn't try out racing a cop in my 3 series. I'll wait till I own a M6 and am old with nothing better to do.