BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

02-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #265
UNNATRAL
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3, 09 Ford Explorer V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
The V8s in the current Camaro, Mustang and Challenger aren't exactly inefficient. They get as good mileage as some V6s do. Also, the Mustang will hang with the M3 on the track.

Your definition is accurate for classic Muscle cars, but the term is still used to describe today's V8 powered cars which are much more efficient and handle a lot better than they used to. So the M3 actually fits the modern definition pretty well. Hence, you see the M3 (and other V8 powered German cars) compared to these cars modern muscle relatively frequently.

Anyway, I thought GotM1491's post was pretty good overall.
perhaps you are right about the camaro and stang, but not the challenger. before my M I had the jeep srt8, which is the same motor as the challenger. They jeep weighs much less than the challenger, and I got maybe 150miles a tank at best.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #266
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNNATRAL View Post
perhaps you are right about the camaro and stang, but not the challenger. before my M I had the jeep srt8, which is the same motor as the challenger. They jeep weighs much less than the challenger, and I got maybe 150miles a tank at best.
First, the SRT Challenger isn't the only V8 model - the volume model is the R/T. Seconly, the 5.7L Hemi used in the Challenger has cylinder deac, making it relatively efficient. Third, the fuel efficiency part of the definition was the least important as far comparing with the M3 to begin with since the M3 is less efficient than all the cars I mentioned.

And fourth, I don't want to disrespect Daniel any further, so I am gonna stop here.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #267
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotM1491 View Post
You guys all comment on a thread that was made in memory of a man who last his life bashing on him for drinking and driving after he died.
Chill out man; all those comments are being made in good faith. If they can save even ONE life, they'd be well worth it. And I wouldn't be offended by any of this even if he was my son, because I'm not stupid. What the guy did ranged from crazy (no drinking involved) to insane (drunk)... and could have easily caused many more fatalities. I'm not the typical parent that automatically denies anything that happens to his family, just because it's family; that's idiotic. Even our own kids do crazy/stupid/criminal things. The hard part for the parents is to figure what went wrong, and if there're other kids around the house, hopefully do a better job with them. But at the same time, most of us do our best, so parents shouldn't be blaming themselves or the spouses. For one, I'd be relieved that it was only my son, and not 5 other persons, or whatever the number, like many times happens.

To finish, this thread wasn't about being dic*s, but of being a lesson for both parents (kids and powerful cars don't mix), and kids, that driving fast and/or drunk, especially at night, it's an accident waiting to happen. Signing off.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #268
harleyAS
Registered
Rep
Drives: donkey

Dani's Best Friend.

I am so appalled to read this thread. Some one made this thread to pay respect for a fellow car enthusiast.

Drinking was not the cause of this accident. I was one of Dani's Best Friends. My friends found him at the accident 2 minutes after it happened! I was out with him that night! Dani chose to go home instead of keep partying like the rest of his friends. For heaven sake have some respect, and some class. Family, and Friends are all reading every harsh word you all have said. Dani's parents have the report and YES an investigation is being held, and can be held due to the circumstances at hand. An animal could have been in the road, the car could have had a default.. there are many things that could have caused this.. the road is not perfect. His family and friends are not in denial! Regardless i do not have to justify myself to the low life's, who say this wonderful person deserved to die.

for those of you who have lost someone due to irresponsibility, i am truly sorry for you, you are in my prayers...but with that being said do not judge something you have no idea about.

in response to "welly world" I am a seasonal person. I live in wellington and NY in the summer. We come to wellington to ride horses for the winter. I know the road very well, and so did Dani. There is a light right before the turn and for your information the car could not have been going that fast from him stopping at the light (which we know). Another note THIS IS NOT EVEN COMPARABLE TO JOHN GOODMAN'S ACCIDENT, SO DO NOT EVEN TRY TO PUT DANI'S NAME, AND MR. GOODMAN'S IN THE SAME SENTENCE. Who cares if he was leaving players club..i know people who are dead sober and stay at players club till it closes.

Dani's father was asking for your help and you still were all too blind to stop your ridicule, and give this grieving father a chance. Im sorry you all never got the chance to meet this truly amazing, talented, kind hearted person that was loved by so many. Dani was a person you all would have been blessed to have met. He loved all life, people, and would do anything for anyone.

Thank you to the people who have been respectful, god bless you. It means the world to us to hear all your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.

to the people who have passed such negative, harsh judgment... i pity you, and may god help your soul.

rip dani, you deserve to be in a better place anyways then here in this beautiful world filled with nasty creatures. We will always love you and we are missing you every day, and our love for you will never end. godbless.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #269
Seattle S65B40
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyAS View Post
I am so appalled to read this thread. Some one made this thread to pay respect for a fellow car enthusiast.

Drinking was not the cause of this accident. I was one of Dani's Best Friends. My friends found him at the accident 2 minutes after it happened! I was out with him that night! Dani chose to go home instead of keep partying like the rest of his friends. For heaven sake have some respect, and some class. Family, and Friends are all reading every harsh word you all have said. Dani's parents have the report and YES an investigation is being held, and can be held due to the circumstances at hand. An animal could have been in the road, the car could have had a default.. there are many things that could have caused this.. the road is not perfect. His family and friends are not in denial! Regardless i do not have to justify myself to the low life's, who say this wonderful person deserved to die.

for those of you who have lost someone due to irresponsibility, i am truly sorry for you, you are in my prayers...but with that being said do not judge something you have no idea about.

in response to "welly world" I am a seasonal person. I live in wellington and NY in the summer. We come to wellington to ride horses for the winter. I know the road very well, and so did Dani. There is a light right before the turn and for your information the car could not have been going that fast from him stopping at the light (which we know). Another note THIS IS NOT EVEN COMPARABLE TO JOHN GOODMAN'S ACCIDENT, SO DO NOT EVEN TRY TO PUT DANI'S NAME, AND MR. GOODMAN'S IN THE SAME SENTENCE. Who cares if he was leaving players club..i know people who are dead sober and stay at players club till it closes.

Dani's father was asking for your help and you still were all too blind to stop your ridicule, and give this grieving father a chance. Im sorry you all never got the chance to meet this truly amazing, talented, kind hearted person that was loved by so many. Dani was a person you all would have been blessed to have met. He loved all life, people, and would do anything for anyone.

Thank you to the people who have been respectful, god bless you. It means the world to us to hear all your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.

to the people who have passed such negative, harsh judgment... i pity you, and may god help your soul.

rip dani, you deserve to be in a better place anyways then here in this beautiful world filled with nasty creatures. We will always love you and we are missing you every day, and our love for you will never end. godbless.
Well said. RIP DP

Club 6MT
2008 E92 M3 6MT, AW/Blk Ext., brushed aluminum
2006 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Carbon blk/blk(sold)
2001 E46 325Xi 5MT Jet Blk/Blk (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #270
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Man that's sad to hear. I haven't read through the pages but I hope people aren't bad mouthing the guy. You should never speak bad about people who have passed away. There's no need for it and it makes it more difficult for family and friends.
      04-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #271
CrazyJoe
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92

R.I.P
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #272
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

From all indications Daniel was a fine young man and his tragic passing is a loss to all of us in this community.
I would like to express my condolences to his family and friends.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #273
cheesy9
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

RIP.

I'm not saying it should be condoned, but everyone also need to learn to not take to heart what trolls on the internet say. It doesn't matter what random people on some internet forum think.

It's no consolation, but the stuff said in this forum is relatively tame compared to what the internet is capable of.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #274
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
but with that being said do not judge something you have no idea about.
You're doing exactly the same thing, but I understand it's human nature to deny a loved one did anything wrong. And NOBODY said he 'deserved to die', so don't come here making stupid assumptions, and insulting members as 'nasty creatures'. Just because he was your friend, and a good person doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine at the very least that excessive speed was at play. The only answer left is how much over the speed limit. And yes, there could be other factors too (distraction, malfunction -as you said-, etc).

Bottom line is most of us are fathers here, and regret ANY death, especially when it's avoidable. Having to bury your son or daughter must be the most difficult thing in this life, but you have to move on with life. And a good way to do that is to become an advocate of what caused it and prevent other parents from suffering from the same fate. That doesn't diminish in any way the kind of person Dani was. On the contrary; it shows he was human, and made a mistake, like all of us do. No shame on that, and no disrespect either. I wish I'd NEVER read about another such incident ever again, but unless we do something about it, it'll continue happening. That's all we're doing here. And I'm sure Dani would like all other young kids to know they're not invincible, and to take any aggressive driving to the track. And sorry to hear he was your best friend, but he was no victim. And the bright side is no other lives were lost, which would have made matters MUCH worse for his family. God bless his parents, family, and friends. Good day.

Last edited by JCtx; 04-20-2011 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #275
Simma
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

My deepest condolences to his family & friends. Rest in Peace Daniel.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #276
harleyAS
Registered
Rep
Drives: donkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
You're doing exactly the same thing, but I understand it's human nature to deny a loved one did anything wrong. And NOBODY said he 'deserved to die', so don't come here making stupid assumptions, and insulting members as 'nasty creatures'. Just because he was your friend, and a good person doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine at the very least that excessive speed was at play. The only answer left is how much over the speed limit. And yes, there could be other factors too (distraction, malfunction -as you said-, etc).

Bottom line is most of us are fathers here, and regret ANY death, especially when it's avoidable. Having to bury your son or daughter must be the most difficult thing in this life, but you have to move on with life. And a good way to do that is to become an advocate of what caused it and prevent other parents from suffering from the same fate. That doesn't diminish in any way the kind of person Dani was. On the contrary; it shows he was human, and made a mistake, like all of us do. No shame on that, and no disrespect either. I wish I'd NEVER read about another such incident ever again, but unless we do something about it, it'll continue happening. That's all we're doing here. And I'm sure Dani would like all other young kids to know they're not invincible, and to take any aggressive driving to the track. And sorry to hear he was your best friend, but he was no victim. And the bright side is no other lives were lost, which would have made matters MUCH worse for his family. God bless his parents, family, and friends. Good day.
EXCUSE ME but you have obviously not read all 13 pages and seen what people have said. Yes people on this form said he deserved to die inducing another form on this board. Second you have NO IDEA if he made a mistake or not. He could have suffered from something while driving (health wise causing him to get into an accident) Heart, Brain ETC. He was flown back to Argentina and his family is conducting full investigations so once again please spare your comments. I Agree with you thank god no one else was hurt but before you speak know your facts. There have been wonderful people saying very nice things but there have also been negative harsh judgment passed by people not knowing the fact of the matter.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread