BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

05-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
bonb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange E92 M3

Question Try to get set of coil anything recommend?

I am looking for a e92 coilover kit that will do a really basic work but not like club sport or something really expensive. I will not track the car.

Few questions and if is necessary to spend money on these things.

1. Since I will not track the car, I am not looking at something really stiff. However, sometime I can be little harsh on the road, I am driving the M lol. Are brand like Megan Race or some cheaper coil will do the work right and have the quality? I am not a cheap person who just able to afford the car and do cheap mod. Just want to know if I should spend that much on things that I may not even need.

2. Do I need to get EDC and why? If you can get details I would really love to hear and learn.

3. The car has the sleeve on, but the OEM shock will go bad sooner than its life. Is it a good move or stay with shock with sleeve?

4. What brand should I get? I have been reading some good and bad reviews on the same product. Got me more confused as well. What do you think is a good pick?

Thanks for help!

Last edited by bonb; 05-17-2014 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
bonb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

some one can help me?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
Markao66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i removed my EDC and went with BC racing, best decision, love the coils, i do have a few track days on my coils and they performed beautifully. i was debating if i wanted to keep the EDC, but once i drove on the BC's i was sold. love them and have no regreats.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 06:57 AM   #4
Yaw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonb View Post
that will do a really basic work
Can you expand on this? What are you trying to achieve with suspension changes?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
bonb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
Can you expand on this? What are you trying to achieve with suspension changes?
I like a stiffer ride compare with OEM. I will not track, as long as it can provide me a comfortable ride I will be happy. I want to get away from the sleeve because I worry that the OEM goes out too quick and I need to replace them many times.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #6
Yaw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Many

So sounds like you do not have EDC? If you just want a stiff ride then dial up tirerack and order Bilstein non adjustable dampers. This will freshen up your shocks and give a much firmer feeling ride. If you need springs I believe they have a kit that comes with springs as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #7
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

I have EDC and just installed the TC Kline EDC compatible coil over kit. I've only driven a few miles, but holy crap it's nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #8
bonb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

My friend is telling me go for ohlins. I am not sure if others can be better. KW is kind off my list but seeing some bad reviews and price marked really high.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 02:15 PM   #9
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I have ohlins R&T and I couldnt ask for a better setup. I drove cars with v3, kW cup and ohlins. I end up with ohlins. Easy to adjust and comfortable. Rocks at the track too. Super firm on the right setting
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #10
bonb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrid3r View Post
I have ohlins R&T and I couldnt ask for a better setup. I drove cars with v3, kW cup and ohlins. I end up with ohlins. Easy to adjust and comfortable. Rocks at the track too. Super firm on the right setting
Good to know. If I do not do track and stay with the set up that Ohlins provide, should it be a nice DD set up? I like my car to be firm, but not like bumpy or feel every hole on the road.
Appreciate 0