GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #45
1slowE82cp
Private First Class
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 SOLD, 2016 M3 coming..

Can someone just get AY with SO interior? I wanted to do it but the wife told me that she would be calling McDonalds to see if they wanted to sponsor me shes cruel. I ended up with black interior on my AY M3. I still would love to see one in person one day
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #46
Roadkiller
Philosophiae Doctor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #47
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowE82cp View Post
Can someone just get AY with SO interior? I wanted to do it but the wife told me that she would be calling McDonalds to see if they wanted to sponsor me shes cruel. I ended up with black interior on my AY M3. I still would love to see one in person one day
I might, but it'll be a few months. The only thing you can do meanwhile is to go to your dealership, see if they have any car with SO leather and AY body, park them side-by-side and see how you feel about it. If it works, I recommend bringing wife. Seeing her defeated face might be priceless.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #48
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkiller View Post
UK site has convertibles, too. There is a sliding 3D tool bottom right (the vertical one, not the circular) which allows you too see the car from above at whatever angle you chose, back and front.

http://mybmw.co.uk/k6x2x4l2
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #49
1slowE82cp
Private First Class
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 SOLD, 2016 M3 coming..

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxmagnum View Post
I might, but it'll be a few months. The only thing you can do meanwhile is to go to your dealership, see if they have any car with SO leather and AY body, park them side-by-side and see how you feel about it. If it works, I recommend bringing wife. Seeing her defeated face might be priceless.
I have seen SO interior on the F10 M5, is not coral red which I really like but I can live with it as its more orange then red. AY will be a very hard color to find for a few months. I have heard that BMW is trying to make this an M color and would only be available in other BMW cars as an individual option. That's a $5,000 option just for paint.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #50
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

one idea is if you order it and really get tired of the combo just trade anyone with black interior. the so interior will be popular for sure. wouldn't take much to swap all the pieces. probably get a little premium plus exchange.
      04-21-2014, 05:03 PM   #51
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowE82cp
Your wife is a smart woman.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #52
soccer dad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW SO/SO M3

It's not going to look good after you have had the car for a couple of years. I think Karussell's idea of switching interiors with someone later though is really a pretty good ideal. If I had a black car that I bought used I would certainly trade for an SO interior and I am sure there will be a bunch of dealer "safe" cars that are the typical boring black black white/black that someone will buy and wish that they could somehow get red..I mean orange!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #53
Eau Rouge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gins View Post
Your wife is a smart woman.
+1 and she sounds like a keeper.
      04-22-2014, 12:21 AM   #54
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpday View Post
Sorta looks like a hot dog drowning in mustard. Just sayin'...
lmao
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 12:46 AM   #55
Thurman Murch
Lieutenant
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: M3

Go for it.. It's so hornet and anti-hornet at the same time

I thought about going AY but all I can think interior is black with AY stitching
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 12:57 AM   #56
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman Murch
Go for it.. It's so hornet and anti-hornet at the same time

I thought about going AY but all I can think interior is black with AY stitching
My biggest thing against going AY is I ordered CCBs I think AY with CCBs will look bad. Too much Gold. AY/SO wouldn't be a good combo. Coral red and AY would look good.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 01:08 AM   #57
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
My biggest thing against going AY is I ordered CCBs I think AY with CCBs will look bad. Too much Gold. AY/SO wouldn't be a good combo. Coral red and AY would look good.
I think AY with the CB would look good as long as you do CB roof, black interior leather and black wheels... I was too cheap to do CB - but still think the regular steel brakes (with blue) and AY would also look fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #58
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

I think it would look good if you get a good tan or sunburn. That way, you'll look like a big wiener that has been doused with lots of mustard and ketchup.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #59
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
I think it would look good if you get a good tan or sunburn. That way, you'll look like a big wiener that has been doused with lots of mustard and ketchup.
Although it's a knee jerk reflex to jump to ketchup and mustard association (I know, it's been repeated here several times), neither AY nor SO are anywhere close to mustard yellow and ketchup red. The combo is flamboyant for sure and wouldn't go well with the gloomy skies above the 35th parallel (give or take). See pic to get a better idea. It's a pure coincidence that the SO color on the map corresponds to my theory which is more difficult to grasp if you live in the blue zone of this map.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #60
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

World's fastest grapefruit. And a vanity plate that says "TROPICANA"
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #61
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxmagnum View Post
Although it's a knee jerk reflex to jump to ketchup and mustard association (I know, it's been repeated here several times), neither AY nor SO are anywhere close to mustard yellow and ketchup red. The combo is flamboyant for sure and wouldn't go well with the gloomy skies above the 35th parallel (give or take). See pic to get a better idea. It's a pure coincidence that the SO color on the map corresponds to my theory which is more difficult to grasp if you live in the blue zone of this map.

If you shop at Whole Foods, I guarantee that there are plenty of mustards and ketchups that match up pretty nice with these colors. I like both colors, but I personally think that the combo will not go over well. I saw a one Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 with Emola Red, and it just looked like a bad choice. The new M3/4 are such great looking cars, it would be a shame to make it look like a clown or a four year old got ahold of the configurator. I want AY or SO on the exterior for my M4, just can't decide yet. The better choice would be an AY M4 and a her SO M3, or vice versa, with compatible (not necessarily boring) interior choices.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #62
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
I'm going SO/SO. Life's too short to pick my car based on what some dipshit wants for it when I sell it.
x2 I want to go SO/SO or AY/SO
I actually like the colors, orange is probably my favorite and I love just not seeing the color around. Don't worry about resale because while the general population may not like it, you only need one person to sell the car to, you don't have to convince everyone.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:08 PM   #63
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
If you shop at Whole Foods, I guarantee that there are plenty of mustards and ketchups that match up pretty nice with these colors. I like both colors, but I personally think that the combo will not go over well. I saw a one Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 with Emola Red, and it just looked like a bad choice. The new M3/4 are such great looking cars, it would be a shame to make it look like a clown or a four year old got ahold of the configurator. I want AY or SO on the exterior for my M4, just can't decide yet. The better choice would be an AY M4 and a her SO M3, or vice versa, with compatible (not necessarily boring) interior choices.
BMW online configurators sometimes won't allow certain combos, and for a good reason. German designers are neither clowns nor are they 4y/o. Certain color combos may not work for everyone, but that doesn't mean they don't work at all. The combo you saw in Phoenix may resemble AY/SO, but SO leather seems a bit more subdued than Emola Red and AY more metallic according to people who actually saw these. I yet have to see any of these in person before making up my mind based on web photos.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #64
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
x2 I want to go SO/SO or AY/SO
I actually like the colors, orange is probably my favorite and I love just not seeing the color around. Don't worry about resale because while the general population may not like it, you only need one person to sell the car to, you don't have to convince everyone.
I agree, but for me resale is not an issue since I always lease. Always a new car, always under full warranty and always the latest technology.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #65
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

I'll say it again....

....buy what YOU want because YOU want it. Don't worry about what a bunch of anonymous keyboard warriors (..including myself) say about your color choices. I had an '03 PY/IR M3 and loved it to death.....until Interlagos Blue appeared and I moved to an '05 ZCP M3 with Speed Cloth (..cloth being another controversial topic with a bunch of anonymous people warning against it. Just live!!!!!!!!!!!!).
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:24 PM   #66
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

But.. What would we fight over then...
Appreciate 0