BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

10-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #23
KJM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
I'm 100% sure you can roll them up and close the roof by touching the handle(done it many times), I'm almost sure that you can do the opposite too but I'll confirm that in 2 hours as I'm leaving here!
I know you can close them with the door handle, I just went and tried holding the handle when unlocking for a minute or so and nothing.

Thats not to say with 100% certainty that if the remote was close enough and it was raining the car cant possibly freak out and open the windows. Its possible static discharge from a close lightning strike did it as well.

I have CA and when the doors start locking and unlocking when washing I can put the FOB 10-20' away and it stops so who knows.

My guess would still be accidental press of fob button, I have done it many times on different cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #24
sameh
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Porsche 911S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM3 View Post
I know you can close them with the door handle, I just went and tried holding the handle when unlocking for a minute or so and nothing.
HMM, then my whole theory about rain rolling down the windows is wrong. Maan, I can't believe that you can roll them up by touching the handle but not down!!! I do believe you but I will still try this myself when I leave. I don't get it, you can roll them down from the fob but not up (in USA) and up from the handle but not down??????????? can someone put some logic on that?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #25
KJM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
HMM, then my whole theory about rain rolling down the windows is wrong. Maan, I can't believe that you can roll them up by touching the handle but not down!!! I do believe you but I will still try this myself when I leave. I don't get it, you can roll them down from the fob but not up (in USA) and up from the handle but not down??????????? can someone put some logic on that?
The idea behind rolling the windows down is so when you are approaching you can open them to cool the car off, or do it from your office window before you leave etc.

The idea behind closing them is when you are locking the car you are leaving it, assuming most want to roll up the windows when they leave.

Plus if the windows did go up and down while holding the handle to unlock it would be a mess when washing the car with the fob in your pocket.

Thats my take on it all, honestly I wish it wouldnt roll the windows down or open the sunroof except with the switches in the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #26
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

It seems like there should be some way of turning this feature off. I have leaned against a counter in my kitchen and accidentaly opened all my windows. I must have hit the button on my fob with something in my pocket. I saw my windows go down from my kitchen window and was like wtf?

Sorry to hear about you bad luck. I hope the dealer can sort things out for you.
      10-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #27
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dntlvet View Post
I had this happen with key fob in my pocket.
The wrong pressure opens all windows including moonroof
I would check with the dealer if that section of the program can be de-programmed. It would solve the problem.

As for someone stealing your car, I always had a stick on my steering wheel of my M3 it gave thieves I always hopped the incentive to look for another car

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0