BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM

02-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #133
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

I got no interest in either car, but would like to see a rematch. I would expect the gtr to win, but I do think that the M6 is a really nice looking car inside and out.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #134
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Agreed. Well said.

I just read this thread and I for one think Nissan cars are utter garbage. I owned a couple of their new Zs and they were just junk. I have been inside the Nissan GTR and the looks of the car are horrible and the inside was average to me. Now a lot of GTR owners will think I am crazy but I cannot get past the Nissan name. I have had to many horror stories with their products so I don't even look at them. Plus I have been in cars that would put bus lengths on a stock GTR..

If I am going to spend that type of money I will get something that will satisfy my needs and wants. ZR1 or R8 V10. So what if your Nissan is a little faster. In my mind I have the looks and speed I want. Nissan only has half the pie here.

This isn't a bash post on Nissan owners. Just my honest observation, experiences, etc..

As for the video, it appears the Nissan had some issues..Didnt seem like the owner was really pushing the Nissan. Who knows.
Agreed. Well said.

I just read this thread and I for one think BMW cars are utter garbage. I owned a couple of their new M3s and they were just junk. I have been inside the BMW M3 and the looks of the car and the inside was average to me. Now a lot of BMW owners will think I am crazy but I cannot get past the BMW name. I have had to many horror stories with their products so I don't even look at them. Plus I have been in cars that would put bus lengths on a STOCK BMW..

If I am going to spend that type of money I will get something that will satisfy my needs and wants. --- or R8 V10 (Less Performance). So what if your BMW is a little faster. In my mind I have the looks and speed I want.

This isn't a bash post on BMW owners. Just my honest observation, experiences, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UR not fast 'till 600 View Post
Learned long ago not to argue with idiots and with your repetitious rhetoric that's what this has turned into. And yes this topic should end . . .

With your personal attacks, vitriolic eruptions and nothing more to add than "my cars faster than anything" everybody's spent too much time here.
Which is why i posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post
Hmm..im considering making an acct for m6 forums...but can someone ask that clown MiroE90/DreamerM6 to PLEASE show up at either one of these events?

Once again: - http://www.tx2k.com/ -- etc or any SILV (Supras Invade Las Vegas).

MiroE90...one of the BIGGEST trash talkers is driving a 335i.

Rimola of NAGTROC is ready to go for ANY M5s or M6s.

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...r/page__st__20

"Lol BMW for the fail. I drive a GT-R, i have nothing to prove. If anyone with a M5 or M6 (old or new) wants me to tax that ass, please email me at:

imola1518@gmail.com

My email is listed above, so no need to waste your time registering on here. PS. Dont forget your bluetooth and sunglasses. "

Let your M6 counterparts know.
I will be following this thread very closely.
Now..being on a BMW forum, i know ill hear the typical "Im not going to a "ricer" event, etc.
Problem with that statement is texas 2k has lamobs, ferraris, vipers, vettes...so by the time its all over, youll probably end up on youtube, and know EXACTLY where you stand.

I honestly dont expect many to show up on THIS forum (if any, or the M6 guys)...but the vette, supra, viper, and GTR forums are all ready to go.

Another thing i dont get, why are you M3 guys so vehemently defending the m6?
Cant they manage that on their own?
That was original Don't think anybody's defending the M6 as much as playing defense against the GT-R aficionado's. I've trained almost all martial arts on the planet, extensively, till a spinal injury sidelined me. Does that mean I can't get taken out by a lucky punch, no... It's like the team that supposed to win, loses, and all they do is make excuses and show past games where they dominated the same competition. Do you think people would respond well to that? Absolutely not, nobody likes excuses, it is what it is, and the refusal of people to accept that this even happened is what is ridiculous. If we're really testing bravado, want to get in the ring? I mean what are we even discussing here. Who's got better engineering, who's got a larger wallet, who's got the bigger inferiority complex, who can press down on a pedal the hardest, what???? I plan on going to a roll event in my M3 NA and am sure to get demolished, does that mean my wife and kids will leave me, that I didn't live this incredible life I'm still living, what? You do realize we're on a rock hurling through space at over 67,000 mph...what do you think the 0-60 is for earth??? C'mon people...
      02-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #135
HoodR$CH
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium

I destroy both cars, but the new GT-R gave me a run for my money. The M6 didn't even come close. Sure, anything can happen during a street race, but IMHO the GT-R should've walked that M6. Never really understood why it matters though, it's all for the fun of it anyway.
What SC are you running? (I can't see I'm using the app)

Brembo BBK|BPM Tune|HRE P43 SC|BMW Performance Seats|KWV3
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #136
E92swerve
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Alpine White

Nice
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #137
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
ESS 625, full exhaust, and 4:10 diff.
VT3 soon,haha !

So the M6 is faster ?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #138
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post

All what really matters is that Izzy and i destroy them all.

Are you going to the Pocono Raceway in April? Obviously, we'll just run our mouths, but not our cars.
Haha
Im going but im not running my car.For the asking price i'd rather take my track car and spend 2 full days on a road course.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #139
-Wingman-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeXiPYm3 View Post
STOCK F10 M5s have put down whp numbers in the 520s. So I would definitely agree they are underrated. 520whp M6 can beat a 2012 gtr from a roll.
links?

That would be interesting to see. Also have to remember the GTR has always been underrated too.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #140
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
You do realize we're on a rock hurling through space at over 67,000 mph...what do you think the 0-60 is for earth??? C'mon people...
Well granted, the GTR doesn't have the correct aero for this speed. But 0-100 based on personal experience and what most magazines have recorded, my money is still on the GTR.

Earth loses my friend, I'm a big fan of Earth but stock it's simply no match.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #141
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc
Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
You do realize we're on a rock hurling through space at over 67,000 mph...what do you think the 0-60 is for earth??? C'mon people...
Well granted, the GTR doesn't have the correct aero for this speed. But 0-100 based on personal experience and what most magazines have recorded, my money is still on the GTR.

Earth loses my friend, I'm a big fan of Earth but stock it's simply no match.
what about earth with a tune and full exhaust :
      02-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #142
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post

m5/m6 wouldnt really matter. In fact the M5 weighs less
Nope, negative. M5 weighs more

Quote:

Can someone explain this then?^
I can. That vid is of a modded GTR (Y-pipe, decat and prob tune?), against a bone stock M6.
Here is stock vs stock (in the wet too)
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4

Last edited by DiavelM3; 02-18-2013 at 10:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #143
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavelM3 View Post

I can. That vid is of a modded GTR (Y-pipe, decat and prob tune?), against a bone stock M6.
And where are these insanely fast bmws, again, at NATIONAL events such as texas2k?

Where? No one seems to answer my question on that. Ive been to quite i few and havent seen any m6/m3/m5 on the ROAD COURSE..yeah..i said road course (Might have been the suprameet but im pretty sure it was the texas2k event) ?

Where are they at?
At some point in time, youve got to get off the net and put your $$ where your mouth is.

It gets yawnworthy.

Europe has faster bmws that the US?

If youre stateside, you know where these events are. No more need for discussion IMO.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #144
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Really? It underrated? you base that on what exactly? Why does review after review have it slower than a GTR. Why when I owned an X6M was the performance significant worse than advertised? Why did both Chris Harris and Autocar flat out say the GTR is in another league than the new M5 in performance?And I have never said the GTR is god. So quit creating straw men. The GTR has plenty of flaws. It just that one its flaws isn't being pulled on by an M6 under 100.
It's funny you mention Chris Harris because in this review of the M6 coupe he more then once describe the M6 as being a kind of a RWD GT-R!

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #145
DiavelM3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And where are these insanely fast bmws, again, at NATIONAL events such as texas2k?

Where? No one seems to answer my question on that. Ive been to quite i few and havent seen any m6/m3/m5 on the ROAD COURSE..yeah..i said road course (Might have been the suprameet but im pretty sure it was the texas2k event) ?

Where are they at?
At some point in time, youve got to get off the net and put your $$ where your mouth is.

It gets yawnworthy.

Europe has faster bmws that the US?

If youre stateside, you know where these events are. No more need for discussion IMO.
LOL, Um, I think you'e missing the point. We're discussing the '12 GTR vs M6 in some drag races - straight-line races NOT on a track.
The GTR would eat the M6 on a track. No one is disputing that..
You don't need to get all butt hurt because the almighty '12 GTR is getting beat by the new M6 in a few straight line races... It's a good thing and it shows the capability of the new M6. It's all good if you're a car enthusiast. You can respect BOTH cars and understand that BOTH cars are also in different segments and have their strengths and weakness. No biggie right?
Wrong, because it seems that all the GTR fanboys come outta the woodwork and try to make excuse after excuse about these vids because their ego is so big they can't face the fact that there is a car out there that can take them in a straight line drag race.
If you have a '12 GTR and want to find someone on this board with an M6 in Texas, hit them up and post your vid. Straight line race of course.
Put your money where YOUR mouth is
Anyway, Stay focused. Straight-line race
Here's another "yawn-worthy" vid, which I'm sure you'll watch and make an excuse for
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4

Last edited by DiavelM3; 02-18-2013 at 01:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #146
Jasonseoguam
South Korea
Rep
Drives: AW e92 m3 coupe

gtr > m6
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #147
Topspeed
fast enough
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Cayman, GTR, M235, Boxster S,

Quote:

You do realize that's the same car right? Watch the video from the roll in its entirety please. Race 3 is from a dig. Same car.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #148
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
Anyone doubting the GT-R's performance should drive that car first. Looks boy-racerish, doesn't sound good, the backseat is good for dwarfs, has a not-so-good interior... That's all true. But the car is fast, in straight line or corners. Doesn't matter.

As for the OP, interesting is all i can say.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #149
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Red GTR

Hard to believe that the M6 could pull on a GTR like that. Will have to see more results to formulate a final decision. It's 1/4 mile trap speed would have to be at least 5 mph faster, which isn't likely.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #150
DiavelM3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspeed View Post
You do realize that's the same car right? Watch the video from the roll in its entirety please. Race 3 is from a dig. Same car.
Interesting. One vid shows stock vs stock and the GTR having 530hp and the other shows GTR with Y-pipe, Decat and tune. I would think the Y-pipe, decat and tune would put the GTR closer to 580hp?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #151
Topspeed
fast enough
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Cayman, GTR, M235, Boxster S,

Quote:
Interesting. One vid shows stock vs stock and the GTR having 530hp and the other shows GTR with Y-pipe, Decat and tune. I would think the Y-pipe, decat and tune would put the GTR closer to 580hp?
The owner claims he has a catless midpipe, no tune. It's impossible to verify what state of tune any car is running based purely on a video clip. Too many variables.
A similar spec GT-R did put up quite a fight against Gustav's G-Power m3. Sadly that clip has been made private on YouTube.

I raised an issue with the original clip, as quite a few did, and it would now appear that a 720 hp PP performance M5 could only manage a time of 11.4 at 125 mph on a dragstrip in the UAE. Perhaps they can improve on that as this was an initial run. Granted the climate and traction etc, does play a factor and I'm unsure if launch control was used. However, the fastest recorded time for a stock '13 GT-R (2012 model for the rest of the world) at a dragstrip happens to be 10.8 @ 125 mph. Correction, 10.7x @ 126.8 mph (Dragtimes.com).

So the skepticism isn't unwarranted in this case. Despite the initial theatrics and hysteria the original and subsequent clips elicited, I'm sure a clearer picture will emerge in due course.

Last edited by Topspeed; 02-20-2013 at 03:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #152
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Curious to know this m6's 60-130

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #153
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
LOL, Um, I think you'e missing the point. We're discussing the '12 GTR vs M6 in some drag races - straight-line races NOT on a track.
The GTR would eat the M6 on a track. No one is disputing that..
You don't need to get all butt hurt because the almighty '12 GTR is getting beat by the new M6 in a few straight line races... It's a good thing and it shows the capability of the new M6. It's all good if you're a car enthusiast. You can respect BOTH cars and understand that BOTH cars are also in different segments and have their strengths and weakness. No biggie right?
Wrong, because it seems that all the GTR fanboys come outta the woodwork and try to make excuse after excuse about these vids because their ego is so big they can't face the fact that there is a car out there that can take them in a straight line drag race.
If you have a '12 GTR and want to find someone on this board with an M6 in Texas, hit them up and post your vid. Straight line race of course.
Put your money where YOUR mouth is
Anyway, Stay focused. Straight-line race
Here's another "yawn-worthy" vid, which I'm sure you'll watch and make an excuse for
First off, no butt hurt here.
As far as money and mouth..well..i did check out the GTR forums and posted the email of a guy who called...basically the M6 board out.
Cant get any more straight forward that than. I could link you if need be.

Lastly, youre talking Texas..THIS texas?

http://www.tx2k.com/

Beware, as youre not just going head up against GTRs...

And no need to make any excuses whatsoever. Theres personal owners, racing houses that attend plus 1000+hp machines..and STRAIGHT LINE racing.
I dont think you realize what is involved at an event like that...

For your vid, that was a 08-10 GTR correct?
The bmw, what mods? Going from a roll also, and stock or no?

And re read some of the posts...as its suspect.

If the driver sucks thats one thing....
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #154
DiavelM3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
First off, no butt hurt here.
Yeah right

Quote:
As far as money and mouth..well..i did check out the GTR forums and posted the email of a guy who called...basically the M6 board out.
Cant get any more straight forward that than. I could link you if need be.
Perfect! Lets see how it turns out

Quote:
Beware, as youre not just going head up against GTRs...

And no need to make any excuses whatsoever. Theres personal owners, racing houses that attend plus 1000+hp machines..and STRAIGHT LINE racing.
I dont think you realize what is involved at an event like that...
Don't really care man You're still missing the whole point. I'm getting exhausted trying to explain it to you. Real world = anything can happen. Driver error, conditions etc. The vid (s), there is more than one from the OP and other drivers tell one story but your DENIAL continues? I can't help you

Quote:
For your vid, that was a 08-10 GTR correct?
The bmw, what mods? Going from a roll also, and stock or no?
For your viewing pleasure
Here is a stock vs stock (but an M5 this time). Not bad for a 4 door, eh?
Oh wait, you're going to make more excuses. OK
<Insert GTR fanboy excuses here>

Last edited by DiavelM3; 02-20-2013 at 07:19 PM..
Appreciate 0