BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Bug problem

Hey so I was wondering if any of you guys knew what could let bugs into my apartment. Like I know the bugs are attracted to heat during the winter, so they swarm in anyway that they can. For example... a small crack was left on the kitchen window to airate a little and the next day I find 6 spiders, each with its own spiderwebs. At first I was like WTF! and surprised, but I manned up and exterminated them all... yeah im a bad ass like that.

So today... I had to kill about six of those little long millipede-like silver bugs that always find a way into houses. I was like WOW... what the hell right? And I even had to kill this 2 1/2 inch long one... I'm pretty sure it was a different species... it was hairy as FUQ!

So my question to you guys is how do you think the bugs are coming in? I have four possible points of entry. 1. The Window--my windows aren't sealed that well and I can literally hear the wind blow outside and when people talk outside I can hear what they're saying. hell its to the point where i could yell outside and make conversation. but i dont know how a 2 1/2 inch bug cud fit through that window gap 2. The vents--not sure if bugs can go through the vent but englighten me if you know they can. 3. The Door to the Furnace + Water Heater--I live in an apt so each apt has its own one... and mine just connects to the apt with a door. I don't know if that door is sealed well, but if its not, it could be a source. lastly 4. the door to the apt--for obvious reasons it could be the point of entry... not sure if its well sealed or not...

i think im going to ask the manager to spray the apt with insecticide while im gone over break... but the thing is... insecticide doesnt always prevent them from getting in... sealing is more costly but obviously more effective...

god damn bugs... specially that big furry 2 1/2 incher.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
Nicholas
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Yea i have this problem too.. so annoyed. My computer and desk is right beside the windows and I am working/studying/surfing and these bugs fall on my desk and i scream like a little girl. Wait, no I mean no i didn't!

But anyway, I went crazy with can of bug spray, all over the windows, window frame, balcony, balcony door frame. I also found this little crack between the window and balcony door frame, I sprayed in there, sprayed on a piece of old newspaper and stuffed it in the crack. It seemed to have worked.

Now its -22 degrees Celsius in Toronto, I guess all the bugs are frozen.
      12-07-2006, 11:26 PM   #3
Ray
Rep
Drives: three series

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kicks
...it was hairy as FUQ!

Bro, I think some one set you up! You may want to find out if your neighbor are experiencing the same problem. Call your landlord and have your place exterminated.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 07:40 AM   #4
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

lol, dont forget, bugs has lots of nutrition (yummy)...
      12-08-2006, 08:58 AM   #5
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
lol, dont forget, bugs has lots of nutrition (yummy)...
i dont know much about them furry ones... negative nutrition

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz
i dont know much about them furry ones... negative nutrition
can't be worse then the chemicals we stuffed in our body daily (supersized french fries, farmers enhancing their produces with fertilizer to kill insects and make their produces looking green).
      12-08-2006, 02:39 PM   #7
Ray
Rep
Drives: three series

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
can't be worse then the chemicals we stuffed in our body daily (supersized french fries, farmers enhancing their produces with fertilizer to kill insects and make their produces looking green).
tex has a point there
Appreciate 0