BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

05-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
alexcharlie
Rep
Drives: e93 bw/fr

Got a good deal on ED out of area, local dealer wont budge

First post here.

Went to my local dealer to order an e93 for Euro Delivery. They have been pretty great to deal with since I test drove the car a few months ago and have been deliberating ever since. I'd like to have a good relationship with my local dealer since I'll be taking it in for service. Meanwhile I decided to get a competitive quote from a dealer out of state. This was a good move since the local guys were trying to charge me 8000 over ed invoice. This soured the relationship in my mind. Since then I've tried to get the local guys down to the same price, but they want me to send over the emails I've been having with the out of state dealer (which I am uncomfortable with for confidentiality reasons). Right now I'm inclined to just go with the out of area dealer since he has been much more straightforward.

Question is 1) should I just send over the emails that prove I have a dealer with 1k over invoice price locked in or 2) should I just go with the out of area dealer and forget the local guys.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
KingJaffeJoffer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Toyota

So...

They're $7K north of the other dealer and implying that you're a liar? I'd just move on. You can always delete the identifying info from the emails, but why bother?

Last edited by KingJaffeJoffer; 05-19-2010 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: $7K, not $8K
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
IbanezGod
997TT, X5M
Rep
Drives: 997TT, X5M

retarded, just bring them the invoice pricing list and tell them you want those prices.
      05-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
kcdude24
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

For my ED I talked with a dealer from 2 of my previous purchases. They said they would not do it...wouldn't even price it. My local dealer wanted to pocket the ED savings of around $4k. There seems to be no incentive for most dealers to forego moving an in-stock unit or upcoming allocation for a ED order.

I guess they figure most buyers should not see a savings for getting the option to drive in Europe--this is the Porsche policy to not discount for ED. I am reading there are two things going in here. Your local dealer 1) wants to pocket the ED savings and 2) they were charging you nowhere near US invoice. I'm guessing they were at least a few thousand over US invoice. Go somewhere else to buy...that dealership will be glad to have your service business even if they didn't get the sale.

You should post up your options here and provide the quoted figures for the ED price....should be able to add them up, add $500-1000 to that figure and that is your target. If needed, contact Philip Kahn at SouthBay or any other ED friendly dealers and they will do the ED for that price....problem solved. You'll just need to think about how to get the car back from that dealer when it is re-delivered....now you see why local dealers think they have a captive buyer...most folks don't want to wait or deal with coordinating re-delivery.

This Link has some local dealer recommendations.

Last edited by kcdude24; 05-19-2010 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0