BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

05-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #45
baxter3221
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

I worked on cars for years before I bought my M3 and I refused to stop just because it's a more expensive platform. I did pads/rotors almost immediately and then I installed the ESS supercharger myself as well. Not any more difficult than a head swap would be on a vette, especially if you know your way around a garage and have the tools/space.

I've always loved the C6 Z06 and would happily trade my car for one if I could find the right deal. In my case, the M sits in a garage 80% of the time and when I am driving it, it's more for car meets and cruises than any daily driving. However, the versatility of the M is perfect. Running errands, going to business functions, taking road trips and then going to the track are all handled perfectly in the M, compared to a Vette where you'd have to sacrifice some of that.

Supercharged 2008 E92 M - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #46
nickm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92livin View Post
I am a big Z06 fan, you will definitely miss the low end tq the Z06 has to offer, I think if you had a Supercharged M3 you would be more than satisfied. Other than the power I think the E92 M3 beats the z06 in every other category.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter3221 View Post
I worked on cars for years before I bought my M3 and I refused to stop just because it's a more expensive platform. I did pads/rotors almost immediately and then I installed the ESS supercharger myself as well. Not any more difficult than a head swap would be on a vette, especially if you know your way around a garage and have the tools/space.

I've always loved the C6 Z06 and would happily trade my car for one if I could find the right deal. In my case, the M sits in a garage 80% of the time and when I am driving it, it's more for car meets and cruises than any daily driving. However, the versatility of the M is perfect. Running errands, going to business functions, taking road trips and then going to the track are all handled perfectly in the M, compared to a Vette where you'd have to sacrifice some of that.
Oh of coarse! if my future M had a blower on it would really be the monster, the Practical Monster lol Minus the gas mileage hahaha.
Ok...in my enjoyment of driving that M on Saturday i mis-heard...the owner said he had 8 track days with the car. Said the car hardly burnt any oil and he was surprised. But yes the car has 8 track days under the hood. Should i be weary? i mean the car did drive as expected and power delievery was there, Also his new StopTech BBK's only have 1000 miles on them. Im conteplating here.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #47
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

traded my 08 e90 for a 2009 Z06 with 3k miles. Sold the Z06 in 5 days and bought an 09 e90. Says something....
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #48
nickm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
traded my 08 e90 for a 2009 Z06 with 3k miles. Sold the Z06 in 5 days and bought an 09 e90. Says something....
HAhahahaha!!! SHUT UP!!! tell me, whyyy man? I had a a 07 STI with 495 WHP and i love it, the power all wheel drive and then i got my Z06...had her now 3 years...but you lol....in days!!! i'm still laughing!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #49
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92livin View Post
I am a big Z06 fan, you will definitely miss the low end tq the Z06 has to offer, I think if you had a Supercharged M3 you would be more than satisfied. Other than the power I think the E92 M3 beats the z06 in every other category.
And other than brakes, and handling... and, well, every measurable performance area.

Not taking anything away from the E92 M3 but they are not at all comparable to a Z06 in any performance metric. Period. They are more practical, more comfortable, nicer interior, etc... at least compared to a C6 Z06. The C7 bridges the gap on the interior.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #50
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
And other than brakes, and handling... and, well, every measurable performance area.

Not taking anything away from the E92 M3 but they are not at all comparable to a Z06 in any performance metric. Period. They are more practical, more comfortable, nicer interior, etc... at least compared to a C6 Z06. The C7 bridges the gap on the interior.
Appreciate 0