BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

12-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
gnhm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 / F87 M2

Mckenna BMW Parts Bad Experience

Like many of you, I have read a lot of positive things about Mckenna BMW and Marco. I decided to give them a chance at my business.

Person behind the phone picks up and I kindly ask to speak to Marco. Before I could finish my sentence I am placed on hold. I am on hold for 8 minutes and maybe 6 times throughout that 8 minutes the phone would ring like someones about to pickup and then go straight back to the hold music.

I call back again and proceed to trying to talk and say let me finish my sentence before you transfer me. Again, mid sentence I am placed on hold. WTF? Hold for another 5 minutes same result.

At this point. I say screw it i'll talk to someone at the receptionist. But this time before I can even open my mouth I get put on hold and transferred.

I believe the person's name is Chris.

Anyway's I'm sure Marco is a great person to deal with, but it takes a whole team to run a successful businesses. I have never been treated with such disrespect from a vendor in my life.

Maybe I'm over reacting but it sure doesn't feel like it to me.
      12-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
koxal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 LBB F85 X5M

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Forum is not a diary...

This is more than overreacting..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
gnhm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
Forum is not a diary...

It's more than overreacting? How would you feel if you were having a conversation with someone on the phone and mid sentence they just said fck it and put you on hold?
      12-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Nothing pisses me off more than that effin "hold" button and 8 min's is ridiculous BUT I would give them a second chance bro.
IMHO I think you may be over reacting just a tad.
I'd call back and ask for the parts manager. At the very least you will be able to vent some frustration.

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
anacondatp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 10' E92 M3 6MT, 15' F15 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
Forum is not a diary...

well forum is for sharing good and bad experience with vendors as well and the guy is simply sharing.

OP, give them another chance. to tell the truth, their prices are lowest compared to all the vendors i got quoted from.
      12-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
while i cannot justify or defend the long hold time, i can tell you that when i have ordered from chris, he is very thorough. he spent a lot of time looking up each item, VIN matching it, and being very thorough with my order for a bunch of stuff.

so, while you are dissappointed with your experience, i would say that chris is not the drive thru at mcdonalds. it is going to make more than 2 minutes. patience grasshopper.

recognizing that marco is giving us bimmerforums folks great pricing at mckenna, you have to ask yourself whether that is worth some delay. i am sure your lcoal dealer would love to have you walk in and buy all your items at msrp +10%. they will be more attentive i am sure. i was very pleased with the service and attention chris gave me. my order was handled by him perfectly.

not trying to bust your balls, but i bet mckenna did not add extra staff when marco opened the floodgates with great prices. chris is probably working as fast as he can.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #7
gnhm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

^^^

To be honest the wait was not what pissed me off. I can expect a hold time even if it's something as ridiculous as 8 minutes.

What pissed me off was while I'm talking to him mid sentence (I know he was listening because he spoke himself) he just put me on hold. He could have just told me sorry we are really busy or some sort of excuse but to literally put me on hold mid sentence? That's pretty disrespectful if you ask me and I would never do that to anyone I'm conducting business with.

Hope this makes sense.
      12-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
McKenna Performance
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Hey guys thanks for those that have posted positive reviews about us as it is our main goal to make everyone as happy as possible. To the OP...I really want to apologize in advance for the long wait times that you had to go through in order to get your questions answered. Chris is the man when it comes to all the OEM BMW parts! I personally know Chris even before I worked here at Mckenna and I have to say he does work with every customer to get each question answered which is why it may take some time to get the next call, plus he also handles walk in customers. As "surlynkid" said... I don't believe Marco or any of the BMW, Audi or Porsche parts guys were expecting to see this amount of great response from being a sponsor of Bimmerforums. This being said, McKenna brought me a long to take care of the extra OEM and aftermarket parts requests as I have been in this industry for many years and know how things have to be handled to try to make every customer happy as possible.

Again we really apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and for future orders just make sure you PM me or call me directly at (562) 345 7356 and I'll personally take care of your order. I am here in the office between 8am - 5pm PST. I believe you are local to us and in order to make things right I can even personally deliver the parts to you after hours so you save yourself on shipping or the trip to the dealership

-Gilbert
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

^ And *that* ladies and gentlemen, is how businesses should be RUN. There are a handful of vendors here that would do well to take notes.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

I too have had people put me on hold mid-sentence (not these folks) and yes it did piss me off too. But as others said give them another shot. I believe in the 3 strikes your out rule. Sounds like strike 1 here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnhm3 View Post
^^^

To be honest the wait was not what pissed me off. I can expect a hold time even if it's something as ridiculous as 8 minutes.

What pissed me off was while I'm talking to him mid sentence (I know he was listening because he spoke himself) he just put me on hold. He could have just told me sorry we are really busy or some sort of excuse but to literally put me on hold mid sentence? That's pretty disrespectful if you ask me and I would never do that to anyone I'm conducting business with.

Hope this makes sense.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
koxal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 LBB F85 X5M

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacondatp View Post
well forum is for sharing good and bad experience with vendors as well and the guy is simply sharing.

OP, give them another chance. to tell the truth, their prices are lowest compared to all the vendors i got quoted from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnhm3 View Post
It's more than overreacting? How would you feel if you were having a conversation with someone on the phone and mid sentence they just said fck it and put you on hold?
I have no problem with sharing experiences but come on..!!! to me this is not considered as an experience to be shared as a review or feedback on the forum...

what it is good for !!

Instead of writing a review right away, it would be a better solution to give them a second call and see what was the problem.. I dont think it is the first time in your life that someone put u on hold and etc etc.. Businesses can get busy unexpectedly at a given time or a confusion might occur between lines etc etc... This is so unfair to the vendor to receive a write up before giving them a second change...

Please try to be positive..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #12
oldmarco
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

To the OP, we truly apologize for this inconvenience. The volume of business from M3Post had rapidly increased, and we did not expect that initially. We've hired Gilbert, who is available and dedicated to serving the online community. I've also told Chris that the manner in which he treated you was unnaceptable, and understands that he should notify you of placing you on hold prior to doing so.

Gilbert or I would be more than happy to personally deliver your order to make it up to you, or give you free shipping. Feel free to give me a call at 310-883-4577 to address any concerns you may have.

Thanks,
Marco
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #13
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

Wow! Sounds like a good place to do business.

Not many people that would do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco@McKennaPerformance View Post
To the OP, we truly apologize for this inconvenience. The volume of business from M3Post had rapidly increased, and we did not expect that initially. We've hired Gilbert, who is available and dedicated to serving the online community. I've also told Chris that the manner in which he treated you was unnaceptable, and understands that he should notify you of placing you on hold prior to doing so.

Gilbert or I would be more than happy to personally deliver your order to make it up to you, or give you free shipping. Feel free to give me a call at 310-883-4577 to address any concerns you may have.

Thanks,
Marco
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #14
anacondatp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 10' E92 M3 6MT, 15' F15 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco@McKennaPerformance View Post

Thanks,
Marco
props for working things out with customers.
      12-04-2012, 02:39 AM   #15
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Looks like the OPs concerns have been addressed by these guys and they look like they go that extra mile.
As said before, its a shame that some other vendors dont handle business in this manner.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #16
djsueno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW F80 M3

Marco is a good guy and will always make it right.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #17
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quick simple and easy. Problem solved
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #18
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Case closed, just a misunderstanding here. McKenna is doing the right thing by the OP.
      12-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #19
gnhm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Just an update for everyone. I got in contact with Gilbert yesterday and processed an order with him. Great guy to deal with. I won't let my first experience stop me from future business with them.

Last edited by gnhm3; 12-14-2012 at 08:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #20
McKenna Performance
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I really appreciate you giving us a second chance. Even this time around, I believe you called in and spoke to one of the guys in the Audi parts department as I was out in the shop assisting with a supercharger install we had going on that day but I called you as soon as I could and we made the order happen.

-Gilbert
(562) 345-7356
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #21
Edmbimmer88
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3

Now I know where my money is going to be spent with.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #22
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Marco is a figment of Bimmerpost members imagination
It's all cool OP; stuff like that happens. Ehh, don't take it personally.
Appreciate 0