BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

06-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #441
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
Same as ADV1, I think the wheels look good but if you lie to me about the certification I just dont want to do business.
My point exactly. Even if they've straightened out their manufacturing issues, they STRAIGHT UP LIED about being TUV certified. So people can flash me pics of their cars with ADV1s on them all day long, the fact of the matter is they lied about a serious safety certification so they could convince people their wheels have met a safety standard. That act alone should speak for itself.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 06-24-2014 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #442
Tra08R
Money never sleeps
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 - 2007

ADV.1 wheels are so gorgeous they almost defy the laws of material physics and engineering. I have never seen spokes so thin and elegant on a 20" rim with such a small area of contact between the wheel outta barrel extending to the hub.

I don't know if these wheels will fail but I can tell you they look darn good.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #443
acuteperformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Audi R8 V8 | 15 BMW M4 YMB

More information about ADV1's TUV status:

http://adv1wheels.com/technical/testdata.php
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #444
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuteperformance View Post
More information about ADV1's TUV status:

http://adv1wheels.com/technical/testdata.php
So there still is no certification, just like it says. "Certified to manufacture- not certified products"
      06-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #445
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430, Aston V12 VS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra08R View Post
ADV.1 wheels are so gorgeous they almost defy the laws of material physics and engineering. I have never seen spokes so thin and elegant on a 20" rim with such a small area of contact between the wheel outta barrel extending to the hub.

I don't know if these wheels will fail but I can tell you they look darn good.
Read the explanation from Jordan (owner of ADV.1 wheels) regarding my wheels.
My wheels were built using the same engineering and FEA analysis as Josh Cartu (race car driver) 458 Speciale ADV.1 wheels.
I had to show ADV.1 my GAWR stamp from my F430 last time for engineering.

BTW have you seen Aventador Dione wheels or the Ferrari F12 TRS wheels? The stock wheels on these cars are similar to mine with thin spokes.
And for sure Avent or F12 weigh a lot more than my F430 3200 lbs.

http://www.adv1wheels.com/blog/the-j...roject-update/

http://www.adv1wheels.com/blog/joshu...ect-completed/

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #446
acuteperformance
United_States
Rep

I see. Who has certified products for a wide range (configurations, styles, etc) of products? I know Advan and Volk do but they don't have nearly the same range of options as ADV1, HRE, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
So there still is no certification, just like it says. "Certified to manufacture- not certified products"
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #447
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
Read the explanation from Jordan (owner of ADV.1 wheels) regarding my wheels.
My wheels were built using the same engineering and FEA analysis as Josh Cartu (race car driver) 458 Speciale ADV.1 wheels.
I had to show ADV.1 my GAWR stamp from my F430 last time for engineering.

BTW have you seen Aventador Dione wheels or the Ferrari F12 TRS wheels? The stock wheels on these cars are similar to mine with thin spokes.
And for sure Avent or F12 weigh a lot more than my F430 3200 lbs.

http://www.adv1wheels.com/blog/the-j...roject-update/

http://www.adv1wheels.com/blog/joshu...ect-completed/

Read that post from ADV... I don't care either way, but one should know they're all semantics>>> "wheels manufactured to TUV specs", doesn't mean TUV cert at all. They build fashionable wheels, not performance wheels. And their track record speaks volumes.

There is NO set of wheels worth 10k period!!!!!! I don't care if it's BBS/HRE/ ADV whatever! Nothing worth that much... Talk about markup

(disclaimer: My wheels are 17.5 lb Volk Racing wheels)
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 08:12 PM   #448
acuteperformance
United_States
Rep

But, respectfully, people over spend on fashionable items all the time. Some people are happy with $15 jeans while other people easily shell out $250.

Again I ask, who has certified products for a wide range (configurations, styles, etc) of products? I know Advan and Volk do but they don't have nearly the same range of options as ADV1, HRE, etc..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 09:09 PM   #449
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: IG: khanhdom

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Read that post from ADV... I don't care either way, but one should know they're all semantics>>> "wheels manufactured to TUV specs", doesn't mean TUV cert at all. They build fashionable wheels, not performance wheels. And their track record speaks volumes.

There is NO set of wheels worth 10k period!!!!!! I don't care if it's BBS/HRE/ ADV whatever! Nothing worth that much... Talk about markup

(disclaimer: My wheels are 17.5 lb Volk Racing wheels)
lol HRE wheels can get to $10k also.

this thread is just a bunch of people holding onto some errors a company made a couple years ago. if there was something that happened recently, I can understand but years ago is pretty petty especially in it's more infant stages.

BTW your F430 looks great Ronnie.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #450
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
lol HRE wheels can get to $10k also.

this thread is just a bunch of people holding onto some errors a company made a couple years ago. if there was something that happened recently, I can understand but years ago is pretty petty especially in it's more infant stages.

BTW your F430 looks great Ronnie.

that's what I said, "no wheels are worth 10k", whether HRE, BBS, ADV etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 09:27 PM   #451
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
that's what I said, "no wheels are worth 10k", whether HRE, BBS, ADV etc.
Sorry but yea, there are a lot of wheels that are track or "fashion" that cost near $10k. It's pretty much the luxury tax since higher end cars run it. I gotten used to it now sadly
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #452
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Sorry but yea, there are a lot of wheels that are track or "fashion" that cost near $10k. It's pretty much the luxury tax since higher end cars run it. I gotten used to it now sadly

It's dumb that's all. My Volks are just as good if not better (plus lighter) than all those wheels and cost much, much less.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #453
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestigefrzn View Post
Not sure if you guys follow Pertplus on Instagram... But he just ordered a set of ADV's for his car. This is the same guy that had a million sets of HRE and vowed to use nothing else. I am not saying anything bad about him so you guys don't take it the wrong way. All I'm saying is he spoke bad about them and is giving them a chance to make right. He said it himself, if they mess up, then lesson learned. But he's giving them a chance.

I know Jordan personally and also had a set on my E46 M3. Many people in this thread have never had any direct dealings with the company, but are quick to jump on the hate bandwagon. They are just going with the masses and saying the same thing. Like any business, there comes ups and downs. Were things dealt with incorrectly in the past. Yes I will agree. But ADV.1 has done what they could to make right and taking things in a different direction. I know it takes a long time to build back your reputation once it was tainted, but it is possible.
what was his IG? I used to follow him but I forgot why I stopped. Just noticed he's banned on here now, wonder why.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 09:52 PM   #454
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Quote:
It's dumb that's all. My Volks are just as good if not better (plus lighter) than all those wheels and cost much, much less.
Your Volks are not 20" right?
Why don't you just get a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8, put big turbos etc, it's cheap and faster than your BMW?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #455
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Your Volks are not 20" right?
Why don't you just get a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8, put big turbos etc, it's cheap and faster than your BMW?
Been there done that. I had a couple Evos that with stock turbos would put bus lengths on your Ferrari. 20" no, I rock 18-19".. ADV makes beautiful looking wheels no doubt, but again no wheel is worth the coin they want... Whether it's BBS, HRE, ADV, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 10:12 PM   #456
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Quote:
Been there done that. I had a couple Evos that with stock turbos would put bus lengths on your Ferrari. 20" no, I rock 18-19".. ADV makes beautiful looking wheels no doubt, but again no wheel is worth the coin they want... Whether it's BBS, HRE, ADV, etc.
My previous question to you is actually rhetorical, what I meant is there must be a reason you chose BMW instead of Civic, Evo8, STi. Those Japanese cars can be modded cheaply and be faster than your BMW or my Ferrari.
I don't care about who's the fastest or if you can put train lengths on my Ferrari with your modded Evo that cost 1/5th of the price.

And also, people with $200K+ Ferrari or Lambo for example, will only look at certain brands if they want to get aftermarket wheels, mostly either HRE or ADV1. They for sure won't choose $1399 a set of VMR/ebay wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #457
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Welcome to two years ago...should I find the HRE wheels crack incident from years ago and start a drama based on that? LOL

Yeah, looks like you're the smartest person in the world. And people that work hard to be successful enough to be able to afford exotic cars are all dumb and certainly don't have brain, including me :P
You're words... not mine.
If you took the time to learn about wheels and certification, it maybe a different story, but it's pretty obvious you're more concerned about appearances than structural integrity.

Still waiting on an explaination for the extra holes drilled in the wheels that could not be balanced... or all the claims about being TUV certified??
Small companies like RAC and APEX can make wheels that are JWL/VIA certified, so why can't ADV, which cost 2-4 times more and sells hundreds of wheels can't get JWL certified?? All they have to do is send a wheel to Japan to get tested. If they were JWL/VIA tested in the size I was looking for, I'd even consider them.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 10:50 PM   #458
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

Quote:
I have both Volks and HREs, G2 from VR, P44SC from HRE. To be honest, the quality of the Volks is no where near HREs. For example, volks have wheel specs on the stickers, Hre wheel specs are engraved onto the wheel..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #459
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
My previous question to you is actually rhetorical, what I meant is there must be a reason you chose BMW instead of Civic, Evo8, STi. Those Japanese cars can be modded cheaply and be faster than your BMW or my Ferrari.
I don't care about who's the fastest or if you can put train lengths on my Ferrari with your modded Evo that cost 1/5th of the price.

And also, people with $200K+ Ferrari or Lambo for example, will only look at certain brands if they want to get aftermarket wheels, mostly either HRE or ADV1. They for sure won't choose $1399 a set of VMR/ebay wheels.

I understand your point, but what have we become that we look down upon wheels due to cost and praise those who spend the most $$$. ???
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 10:55 PM   #460
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELSON.MLGB View Post
I have both Volks and HREs, G2 from VR, P44SC from HRE. To be honest, the quality of the Volks is no where near HREs. For example, volks have wheel specs on the stickers, Hre wheel specs are engraved onto the wheel..
eh, if engraved specs versus a sticker speaks quality I don't know what to tell ya
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #461
Prestigefrzn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' M3

Quote:
what was his IG? I used to follow him but I forgot why I stopped. Just noticed he's banned on here now, wonder why.

Osoyousocraaaaaazy
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 11:15 PM   #462
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
I understand your point, but what have we become that we look down upon wheels due to cost and praise those who spend the most $$$. ???
you're in a different situation than exotic car owners. you're fine with TE37's or whatever Volks you have on the M3. Also this is pretty off topic and doesn't pertain to ADV1 quality.
Appreciate 0