BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

03-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #89
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Oh how soon we forget Silverstone in 2011 where Mark ignored team orders and attacked SV (but didn't manage it in the end).
Now Vettel ignores team orders and its "poor Mark"? Give me a break.
Mark has also said many times (and very publicly) that he will disregard team orders. Double standard, pot/kettle/black, etc.
Besides, SV gave the fans one of the best battles in recent years. Kudos for making it exciting
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #90
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Very quiet although a solid drive from Felipe today.
But miserable from Kimi this weekend. Stuck with a fight with the Hulk today.

McLaren, forget it, they will find a new way to screw themselves with some healthy points.
      03-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #91
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Oh how soon we forget Silverstone in 2011 where Mark ignored team orders and attacked SV (but didn't manage it in the end).
Mark has also said many times (and very publicly) that he will disregard team orders. Double standard, pot/kettle/black, etc.
Besides, SV gave the fans one of the best battles in recent years. Kudos for making it exciting

Turkey 2010, Silverstone 2010 (Front wing), Silverstone 2011, and now Malaysia 2012.

Screw team orders, if you broke your wing, tough luck.
Screw team orders, driver at this caliber (except Maldonado), should be able to fight wheel to wheel without crashing each other.
      03-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #92
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Has anyone figured out what did Mark actually meant after qualifying, team radio "Unbelievable".
      03-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #93
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
The "besides SV gave the fans one of the best battles.." is ignorant of the actual issue.

If you want to draw on past events to justify the current behaviour that's fine but you probably should do it in its entirety then.
      03-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #94
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by inChargeOfIT View Post
I went to my first F1 race last year in Austin, TX (where I live).. I cannot wait to go back in November! I have been to World Super Bike, MOTO GP and some others at Laguna Seca, but there is nothing like F1 cars screaming by.

If you get the chance, come down. Austin is one of the coolest cities on the planet and the track is awesome. And if it's your first time, order your Fanvision early!
I was there too and you are right, there's nothing like the sound of those cars. I was at turn 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
How funny was Hamilton going into the Maclaren pitstop bay then realising he's in the wrong place

Mercedes pace looking good as they are closing on Red Bull
They looked incredibly good. If that car can be reliable, at this stage of the game, they are well ahead of Mclaren and Ferrari.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #95
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Management vs ego in this race. I wonder if that was Alonso's issue as well. Major dumbass move staying out with that crippled wing. Massa continues to impress.

The heat seemed to affect judgment in many places there today.

RBR will need the next 3 weeks to straighten things out.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #96
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Similar to what Schu said last year, Mark Webber (after the race):

"... at the moment we're driving at eight and a half tenths, eight tenths, conserving our pace and some more situations like this will probably happen in the future because there's a lot of ambiguity in who's (on the) pace and who's quick. ... The racing is completely around nursing and trying to make the tyres survive and they're not conducive to driving a car on the limit. You don't see us really pushing on the limit. ...generally no drivers are really on the limit today. I don't know if I answered your question but anyway, that's my little rant."
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #97
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I'm speechless. TRIPLE world champion Vettel has to apologize for overtaking his teammate. WTF?

In the 80's not even Ron Dennis would have dared to ask Senna or Prost to step down and take home the race for the team! But I guess that's what you get when there are no real characters allowed in F1 anymore. Streamlined to the max.

Besides that it's a shame how the races have become "driving like on eggs" events where tire management dictates over speed.
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune

Last edited by TurboBimmer; 03-24-2013 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #98
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
What piss off Mark was it was previously agreed within the team that both cars were to maintain position and conserve tires. Then VET wanted the win and took the matters in his own hands. I don't think Mark will ever trust his teammate again.

VET's team radio, "You wanted the win so bad" "Great Drive, there's some explain to do afterwards." The team always wanted the maximum points scored with the minimum risk involved.
      03-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #99
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
I'm speechless. TRIPLE world champion Vettel has to apologize for overtaking his teammate. WTF?

In the 80's not even Ron Dennis would have dared to ask Senna or Prost to step down and take home the race for the team! But I guess that's what you get when there are no real characters allowed in F1 anymore. Streamlined to the max.

Besides that it's a shame how the races have become "driving like on eggs" events where tire management dictates over speed.
That's not the point, its about trust between drivers now.
If indeed they were agreed to maintain position after the last pit stop. Mark followed and turned down the engine mapping to conserve tires, engine, gear box, transmission etc. But then VET took the advantage and overtook Mark.
      03-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #100
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
If indeed they were agreed to maintain position after the last pit stop. Mark followed and turned down the engine mapping to conserve tires, engine, gear box, transmission etc. But then VET took the advantage and overtook Mark.
yea, exactly.

Although I may agree that VET is overall a better driver than WEB, it wasnt a fair move, WEB already had turned his engine mapping down and thought VET had too. He did his best to defend and keep it safe.

ROS and HAM is a bit different, as ROS was told, the only reason he was faster was cause HAM was ordered to go slow. And both followed orders, what ROS meant about "remember this" is just his way of saying, if the situations were reversed, he expects the team to do the same and I think HAM would understand. HAM was even classy enough to say he didnt deserve 3rd

sucks about Alonso, dont think he knew how bad it was, cause he was keeping pace. He figured if he could stay out 3-4 laps, he could come in only once to change wing and dry tires. didnt work out but Massa had a pretty decent drive after a rough start

3 weeks is going to feel like an eternity
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #101
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:
Exactly. VET basically back-stabbed him.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #102
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Trust between drivers? Who cares? Senna and Prost crashed each other off the track more than once. That's what REAL racing was about. Being the fastest. Not being the most obeying, conservative, tire managing douche.

[/rant]
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #103
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

wow. He doesn't respect WEB at all. I will agree that WEB never really liked VET and how he has always been the 2nd driver within the team... but I don't think he has never disrespected his teammate like that.

Gloves are off.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #104
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
clearly the message was a team order message from the RBR pitwall
and WEB has stated repeatedly he DOES NOT obey team orders himself
why is everyone crying for him today?
WEB needs to stop disillusioning himself as a WDC contender
he's a #2 end of conversation
i condone VET's move today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #105
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

You could see the tension in the air on the podium...

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #106
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Trust between drivers? Who cares? Senna and Prost crashed each other off the track more than once. That's what REAL racing was about. Being the fastest. Not being the most obeying, conservative, tire managing douche.

[/rant]
Senna and Prost did not had any agreements between them before the race as part of race strategy. They both know they are going to race wheel to wheel throughout Suzuka.

Not in this case, Mark wasn't expecting to race until he saw VET next to him on turn 1.

Comparing what happened yesterday to Senna vs Prost is invalid. Real racing does not justify sportsmanship and back stabbing between team mates.
      03-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #107
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
clearly the message was a team order message from the RBR pitwall
and WEB has stated repeatedly he DOES NOT obey team orders himself
why is everyone crying for him today?
WEB needs to stop disillusioning himself as a WDC contender
he's a #2 end of conversation
i condone VET's move today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Part team order and part race strategy what agreed between two drivers.

I like them racing wheel to wheel, But taking advantage when both suppose to drive according to both agreed race strategy is another thing.
      03-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #108
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Anyhow, Helmut Marko will hug seb and tell him he will take care of mark.
      03-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #109
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Mark thinking "Blah blah blah blah blah~"
Attached Images

03-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #110
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander