BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

10-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

M3 Deals

Hi,

This is my first time posting a message. I am deciding between an 08 M3 Sedan and 08 Coupe. I found a dealer who was willing to work on a nice price for both cars, and they are fair prices. Kuddos to the staff there for lettign me test drive an M. Infact the lease on the two are 40 differences a month. I have yet to drive the coupe.

Question I have, which would you go for if you had to choose this month. And an 09 is unaffordable. I know the 08 taillights and IDRIVE are now out of date on the sedan, but I can't ignore the pedigree of the m3.

M3 coupe, my other option, is a more desired color combo and I have yet to drive it. I might drive it tonight. Does it drive like the sedan. Will i miss having the extra doors?

Also, are the offerign drivign school on lease purchases?

Either way, I was going to lease a 3 series x drive, but since the leases are almost the same price, would you jump to an m for a little more a month?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
M3Drivincraze
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Yes the M school is included in both lease and purchase. I had a 335xi sedan and opted for the E92 (coupe). #1, the car looks way better IMO, #2 the car performs better as the M3 was designed to be a coupe. For $40 I would take the coupe any day.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 10:30 PM   #3
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3355 View Post
Hi,

This is my first time posting a message. I am deciding between an 08 M3 Sedan and 08 Coupe. I found a dealer who was willing to work on a nice price for both cars, and they are fair prices. Kuddos to the staff there for lettign me test drive an M. Infact the lease on the two are 40 differences a month. I have yet to drive the coupe.

Question I have, which would you go for if you had to choose this month. And an 09 is unaffordable. I know the 08 taillights and IDRIVE are now out of date on the sedan, but I can't ignore the pedigree of the m3.

M3 coupe, my other option, is a more desired color combo and I have yet to drive it. I might drive it tonight. Does it drive like the sedan. Will i miss having the extra doors?

Also, are the offerign drivign school on lease purchases?

Either way, I was going to lease a 3 series x drive, but since the leases are almost the same price, would you jump to an m for a little more a month?
You will not be able to discern the difference between the coupe and sedan in a driving comparison. Virtually the same, except the sedan weighs 22 lbs. more (w/o sunroof). Missing the rear doors depends on your needs. If you have kids or carry other passengers often, then you would probably regret getting the coupe. Otherwise, no.

The abbreviated (2 hour) driving session at the Performance Center is included only if you take delivery there (unlike with the M5).

Go for it!

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
ILLCOMM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT2

Sedan LCI = 08 sedans will have substantially lower resale values. I'd go coupe or 09 sedan.
Appreciate 0