BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-12-2015, 04:18 AM   #1
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

Spam emails

I have unsubscribed from and even emailed a company about stopping sending me emails.

Is there somewhere I can report them to? It's pretty irritating they keep soliciting me!

It's an optical repair place and they did a shit job. I wrote a testimonial on their site that was removed.
I also bashed them pretty good on Yelp.

FYI never ever purchase or have any dealings with "OpticsFast".
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 06:58 AM   #2
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

I bought these bagel dogs from Schwanns one day. I've unsubscribed from their spam emails about 10 times now. I keep getting coupons for bagel dogs.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 07:41 AM   #3
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Unsubscribing is tricky because most of these websites, When you go to their website to remove your email from their database , there is a check box hidden to the corner of the screen that says "Continue receiving e-mail"
So when you click 'Submit', You will still be getting the emails.
      05-12-2015, 07:45 AM   #4
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

If that happens to me, I find an email address for someone in the company and I set up a forwarding rule so any spam gets sent to that person. Usually kills the emails in a few days.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 4
      05-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #5
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

^^ that is freakin' genius!!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:58 AM   #6
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I bought these bagel dogs from Schwanns one day. I've unsubscribed from their spam emails about 10 times now. I keep getting coupons for bagel dogs.
Maybe you should get some bagel dogs?

You're welcome.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #7
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
Maybe you should get some bagel dogs?

You're welcome.
....., sounds like someone works undercover for mister Schwanns...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

I might have a coupon...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 12:37 PM   #9
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

bagel dogs and pepper bacon!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 12:48 PM   #10
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
I might have a coupon...
Oh, I get it now. You think you're so high and mighty because you're an "extreme couponer"?! YOU THINK YOUR COUPONS ARE BETTER THAN ME?! HUH? DO YA!?

...unless you meant you were going to share, then I retract my statement.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 04:12 PM   #11
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
If that happens to me, I find an email address for someone in the company and I set up a forwarding rule so any spam gets sent to that person. Usually kills the emails in a few days.
I do this but forward them to our groups admin, she has a fit about everything and anything and will rip them a new one. Also helps she is absolutely clueless about anything computer related.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #12
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Another tricky part about unsubscribe is that you're confirming they have a real email address so you might get off one list but your address might be sold and put on another
Appreciate 2
      05-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #13
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

To resolve it you open a FML or FWP thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 01:36 AM   #14
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Personally, what I do is I keep one email STRICTLY for friends, family, and Android syncing; then another email for everything else (logins, application forms, etc.). The only spam I get in my friends/family email are ones where their email has been hacked, but even then it dies down after I inform them. The other email address, on the other hand, has 40-60 messages a day that I mostly don't even bother to open; I just hit "select all" and "delete" unless it's from somewhere important.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 07:40 AM   #15
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Personally, what I do is I keep one email STRICTLY for friends, family, and Android syncing; then another email for everything else (logins, application forms, etc.). The only spam I get in my friends/family email are ones where their email has been hacked, but even then it dies down after I inform them. The other email address, on the other hand, has 40-60 messages a day that I mostly don't even bother to open; I just hit "select all" and "delete" unless it's from somewhere important.
I do likewise except I have several tiers. My university email is strictly for university business. Those emails are required by law to be archived and are accessible via FOIA, so I keep it very formal.

Then I have my primary personal email which I use for non-university people and important account contacts, like my credit card and bank.

Then I have a second personal email that I use for a few friends who sometimes send out mass emails with silly memes and crap that I don't want in my main email.

Moving down, I have an old Hotmail account that I use for most other non-critical account contacts like DirecTV, AAA, etc.

Lastly I have a Gmail account that is just as you describe. I look at it periodically and mass delete everything.

I use Outlook for the two main accounts, and Thunderbird for the others, except for Gmail. For that I just use the web interface.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 10:01 AM   #16
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I do likewise except I have several tiers. My university email is strictly for university business. Those emails are required by law to be archived and are accessible via FOIA, so I keep it very formal.

Then I have my primary personal email which I use for non-university people and important account contacts, like my credit card and bank.

Then I have a second personal email that I use for a few friends who sometimes send out mass emails with silly memes and crap that I don't want in my main email.

Moving down, I have an old Hotmail account that I use for most other non-critical account contacts like DirecTV, AAA, etc.

Lastly I have a Gmail account that is just as you describe. I look at it periodically and mass delete everything.

I use Outlook for the two main accounts, and Thunderbird for the others, except for Gmail. For that I just use the web interface.
Actually to be frank, I was generalizing it as I'm slowly merging some accounts since it's getting a bit confusing, but my main point was to give other people an idea... I actually have 4. The 2 mentioned are through GMail (and the categorized inbox for the 2nd account is a Godsend), but the friends with memes/people I don't really want to talk to is still in use as my Microsoft credentials (especially since MS and Google refuses to work together with my Google Calendar sync and Win8+ apps I frequently use, so I'm stuck with the Hotmail account), and the last one is one that stuck from when I had a business, where I have old customer stuff, newsletters and the like, plus I do want to reestablish it after a hiatus and that'll be the least of my worries when I do (custom domain but managed through GMail).
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0