BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

07-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #1
Jared@pinnacle
Rep
Drives: Wht e90 m 6spd

Individual frequency crossover module

I have searched for information regarding the frequency crossover module that splits the sound between the 4" drivers and the tweeters to no avail.

The other day my passenger tweeter went out. I ordered a replacement, installed it and lo and behold, it still wouldn't work. Started trouble shooting and noticed the frequency crossover module. Swapped it to the driver side and discovered to result in the driver tweeter not working. Conclusion: the module is busted.

My car has the Individual speaker option, 50k mls. I don't crank it too often, have the bass/treble at 0, and the eq with increased highs and lows and mids scooped. I also recently installed DTEC V8 for angel eyes. I'm not sure if any of those variables have anything to do with the broken frequency crossover module.

I'm hoping someone with greater knowledge could chime in. Is there anything that makes these units fail? Should I replace both of them or is this something that is more along the lines of fluke?
Appreciate 0