BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #221
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Salt Lake City

Posts: 267
iTrader: (0)

It got old ages ago......
"The RS5 will be superior"
"If it weighed 1000lbs less it would beat the M3"
"If it made 1000 more horsepower it would beat the M3"
"in a blizzard it will beat the M3 because of 4wd"
"Because none of you idiots know how to drive a RWD car an RS5 would win"

And then there are the TT posts.

Granted this is an area for comparisons, but this is also an M3 site for M3 enthusiasts. Maybe have a little respect?
Lots of the owners here do track days, have been to driving schools, and race. Those who don't are still enthusiasts, and bought (or appreciate) M3's because of the approach BMW took to designing an amazing car by any standards. The constant dribble about how Audi will make or makes a better car by either a hypothetical standard, or in an environment m3 enthusiasts don't care about, is old.

Until Audi comes out with a car that outperforms the M3 in direct competition, stock for stock, footie needs to put a sock in it. The magazines get it. The magazine writers aren't comparing the cars for how they perform in zero gravity. They are evaluating them for their readers who are interested in how they would work for them. And the vast majority of magazine writers prefer the M3 overall, just like the people posting here.

Last edited by Advskier; 08-19-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Advskier is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 12:53 AM   #222
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Burien, WA

Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Bunkei Send a message via MSN to Bunkei Send a message via Skype™ to Bunkei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
It got old ages ago......
"The RS5 will be superior"
"If it weighed 1000lbs less it would beat the M3"
"If it made 1000 more horsepower it would beat the M3"
"in a blizzard it will beat the M3 because of 4wd"
"Because none of you idiots know how to drive a RWD car an RS5 would win"

And then there are the TT posts.

Granted this is an area for comparisons, but this is also an M3 site for M3 enthusiasts. Maybe have a little respect?
Lots of the owners here do track days, have been to driving schools, and race. Those who don't are still enthusiasts, and bought (or appreciate) M3's because of the approach BMW took to designing an amazing car by any standards. The constant dribble about how Audi will make or makes a better car by either a hypothetical standard, or in an environment m3 enthusiasts don't care about, is old.

Until Audi comes out with a car that outperforms the M3 in direct competition, stock for stock, footie needs to put a sock in it. The magazines get it. The magazine writers aren't comparing the cars for how they perform in zero gravity. They are evaluating them for their readers who are interested in how they would work for them. And the vast majority of magazine writers prefer the M3 overall, just like the people posting here.
If stating a prediction that is factually wrong can be grounds for banishment, he shouldn't be alone. I sincerely hope the administrator did not ban him for being an Audi apologist, as that would be unfortunate, and perhaps an indicator that I might need to look elsewhere for a new forum.
Bunkei is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #223
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Salt Lake City

Posts: 267
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkei View Post
If stating a prediction that is factually wrong can be grounds for banishment, he shouldn't be alone. I sincerely hope the administrator did not ban him for being an Audi apologist, as that would be unfortunate, and perhaps an indicator that I might need to look elsewhere for a new forum.
He didn't just state predictions that were factually wrong.
He continually claimed inferior cars were better than BMW. Even when proven wrong. He even went so far as to misrepresent facts. i.e. not mentioning the M3 in the comparison is an E93, until called on it.

I think most of the enthusiasts here enjoy comparing GTR's, Z06's, Cayman's, etc. to the M3. And most of us can accept it's shortcomings. But the continual rant about how BMW is inferior to Audi, and how only a professional driver can properly drive an M3 is obnoxious.
Advskier is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 10:45 AM   #224
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: 2015 Felt IA2
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,643
iTrader: (1)

Again, as I said in a prior post, you lack perspective. There is a difference between being an apologist and being a deliberate rabble rouser. My guess is that the admin got fed up with it. Maybe footie didn't deserve banishment. But I would bet you for sure that if any of us here pulled the stuff he does, but on one of the Audi forums instead, we'd get banned from those in the same fashion. People generally understand that there are those out there whose opinions differ from there own. Really. And if someone doesn't get that there are plenty of us here who, despite our preference for the BMW brand, will happily remind them. If a heaping dose of objectivity is good for us all, then footie is honestly the last one to provide that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkei View Post
If stating a prediction that is factually wrong can be grounds for banishment, he shouldn't be alone. I sincerely hope the administrator did not ban him for being an Audi apologist, as that would be unfortunate, and perhaps an indicator that I might need to look elsewhere for a new forum.
__________________
-
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #225
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

i think this was what got footie banned? this doesn't bother me as I'm not a good driver by any means, but i'm sure lot of RWD owners on this forum might be ticked by it.

"Because none of you idiots know how to drive a RWD car an RS5 would win"

anyway, i hope the ban is removed so footie can continue with m3 vs war.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #226
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Legacy GT - 13.704@99.39
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manheim, PA

Posts: 1,883
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
i think this was what got footie banned?...
footie is apparently banned because he's a pain in the ass to some people.

But that's a slippery slope. If you start banning people becasue they're a pain in the ass, where do you stop?

Swamp's a pain in the ass, and, omigod, say it ain't so, I'm a pain in the ass.

From my point of view, footie has been the root source for quite a number of illuminating discussions, in spite of the rancor from some of the faithful.

Whoever and wherever you are, Jason, banning footie was/is a bad mistake - unless you're after mindless, boring adoration of a basically terrific car with some real flaws.
bruce.augenstein@comcast. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #227
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
footie is apparently banned because he's a pain in the ass to some people.

But that's a slippery slope. If you start banning people becasue they're a pain in the ass, where do you stop?

Swamp's a pain in the ass, and, omigod, say it ain't so, I'm a pain in the ass.

From my point of view, footie has been the root source for quite a number of illuminating discussions, in spite of the rancor from some of the faithful.

Whoever and wherever you are, Jason, banning footie was/is a bad mistake - unless you're after mindless, boring adoration of a basically terrific car with some real flaws.
+1

Roundel humping FTL.
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #228
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
i think this was what got footie banned? this doesn't bother me as I'm not a good driver by any means, but i'm sure lot of RWD owners on this forum might be ticked by it.

"Because none of you idiots know how to drive a RWD car an RS5 would win"

anyway, i hope the ban is removed so footie can continue with m3 vs war.
If that is the reason he got banned, them shame on e90post. I wouldn't be surprised though, as I got "warned" by Southlight that calling someone/anyone an idiot is deemed to be attacking someone

Having said that, Footie is quite the Audi leghumper. I know there are those that bow down to the BMW Roundel (not me) but then again...this is a Bimmer forum.

Before anyone says "what the hell does this guy know?" having less than 20 posts. I have been around for many years under the username ALMS21. For some reason, I could not post under the M3 sections on this forum under the user name ALMS21 (which is still active). Very weird.
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 11:30 PM   #229
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Burien, WA

Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Bunkei Send a message via MSN to Bunkei Send a message via Skype™ to Bunkei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
He didn't just state predictions that were factually wrong.
He continually claimed inferior cars were better than BMW. Even when proven wrong. He even went so far as to misrepresent facts. i.e. not mentioning the M3 in the comparison is an E93, until called on it.

I think most of the enthusiasts here enjoy comparing GTR's, Z06's, Cayman's, etc. to the M3. And most of us can accept it's shortcomings. But the continual rant about how BMW is inferior to Audi, and how only a professional driver can properly drive an M3 is obnoxious.
Even if all you said is true; that doesn't qualify (in my mind) for banishment. Frankly, I've seen worse. There are those who misrepresent facts about the M3's competitors as well.

There are continual rants about how BMW is superior to all, but no one would be banned for that. I suspect that the banishment had to do with personal reasons and not because he broke forum rules.
Bunkei is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #230
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Burien, WA

Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Bunkei Send a message via MSN to Bunkei Send a message via Skype™ to Bunkei
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Again, as I said in a prior post, you lack perspective. There is a difference between being an apologist and being a deliberate rabble rouser. My guess is that the admin got fed up with it. Maybe footie didn't deserve banishment. But I would bet you for sure that if any of us here pulled the stuff he does, but on one of the Audi forums instead, we'd get banned from those in the same fashion. People generally understand that there are those out there whose opinions differ from there own. Really. And if someone doesn't get that there are plenty of us here who, despite our preference for the BMW brand, will happily remind them. If a heaping dose of objectivity is good for us all, then footie is honestly the last one to provide that.
You say I lack perspective, but even you admitted that perhaps he doesn't deserve to be banned. Secondly, the argument about what would happen on an Audi forum is inconsequential. Two wrongs do not make a right.

If a heaping dose of objectivity is good for us all, then let the administrator set the example. As I stated, there are those who troll in favor of the M3, and nothing happens to them. Where's the objectivity in that?
Bunkei is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2010, 06:05 AM   #231
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
 
MMMorish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Again, as I said in a prior post, you lack perspective. There is a difference between being an apologist and being a deliberate rabble rouser. My guess is that the admin got fed up with it. Maybe footie didn't deserve banishment. But I would bet you for sure that if any of us here pulled the stuff he does, but on one of the Audi forums instead, we'd get banned from those in the same fashion. People generally understand that there are those out there whose opinions differ from there own. Really. And if someone doesn't get that there are plenty of us here who, despite our preference for the BMW brand, will happily remind them. If a heaping dose of objectivity is good for us all, then footie is honestly the last one to provide that.
Very well said.
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
MMMorish is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #232
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,142
iTrader: (1)

Good OT discussion here about Foot. I've repeatedly questioned his insistence on his incessant promotion of the Audi brand on BMW forum. Nothing wrong with lots of Audi discussion here in this forum as Audi is a very viable competitor in many of the exact same market segments as BMW. I participate in a lot of that sort of "vs." discussion and vs. Audi in particular myself. Foot does take it over the top though. It takes a certain psychology to do what he does. I like to be contrarian in many ways as well but he wants to be a contrarian in a very unique and stirring the pot sort of fashion. Either way, from what I've seen he certainly did not deserve a ban. As Bruce stated being a pain in the ass does not seem like grounds for a ban.

Maybe we should make a poll, let him back or not?

Foot: Hope you enjoy all the discussion here about you! Don't you feel special?
__________________
E92 M3 | Space Gray on Fox Red | M-DCT | CF Roof | RAC RG63 Wheels | Brembo 380mm BBK |
| Vorsteiner Ti Exhaust | Matte Black Grilles/Side Gills/Rear Emblem/Mirrors |
| Alekshop Back up Camera | GP Thunders | BMW Aluminum Pedals | Elite Angels |
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2010, 03:19 AM   #233
crackberry
Major
 
crackberry's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: southern california

Posts: 1,003
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
How embarrassing for the Audi RS5... the thing didn't even come out yet and gets beat by a 3 year old car... so sad.
well....when you put it like that.

i never really like audi, so im glad the m3 whooped it
crackberry is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #234
shiggy
Major
 
shiggy's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2009 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vancouver

Posts: 1,305
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Good OT discussion here about Foot. I've repeatedly questioned his insistence on his incessant promotion of the Audi brand on BMW forum. Nothing wrong with lots of Audi discussion here in this forum as Audi is a very viable competitor in many of the exact same market segments as BMW. I participate in a lot of that sort of "vs." discussion and vs. Audi in particular myself. Foot does take it over the top though. It takes a certain psychology to do what he does. I like to be contrarian in many ways as well but he wants to be a contrarian in a very unique and stirring the pot sort of fashion. Either way, from what I've seen he certainly did not deserve a ban. As Bruce stated being a pain in the ass does not seem like grounds for a ban.

Maybe we should make a poll, let him back or not?

Foot: Hope you enjoy all the discussion here about you! Don't you feel special?
a poll?...to bring him back??
he's too busy making love to his A3.....or A4...or was it his A6...lost track!
dont worry....he's still posting here under 4 or 5 different profiles!
In addition....after his 6 month campaign of how the RS5 was going to slaughter the M3....and when all the reviews started to come in and losing all the comparo's....all he had left in his arsenal was to cause arguments and insult forum members!
A poll...LOL
__________________
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.

Last edited by shiggy; 09-14-2010 at 01:24 AM.
shiggy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST