BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Sponsor M3 Project Cars Showcase

BPM

05-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #155
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
i dont buy into all hype or exclusivity nor do i ever post on threads like these but goddamn that color is fucking siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiii.......iiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #156
nlakind
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 | E30 M3 || '51 Ford F1

lol, wow. incredible!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #157
Ironring Racing
N54 FTW!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 6MT

The interior Carbon work is great, nice seats and roll cage.

I’m not normally a negative poster, but since you set this up as a mega project, I guess I’m more critical of it than other private mods.

From the start, all that work just to get a factory color? Why not a custom color? Personal choice, and impatient customer I guess.

So you basically killed all cooling to the driver’s side front brake by blocking most of the duct with the air intake filter, that’ll be great on the track.

Why didn’t you install the roll bar before painting, to make certain the color was an exact match? Could have been a timing issue I guess.

If the Ericsson doors take 8 weeks to make and import and you got them in 2, were they the demo set?

It’s an auto!?! Again, personal customer choice I guess.

If you wanted oil and water temps, why didn’t you install the BMW Performance LED wheel (the only manufacturer that I know of other than Ferrari that offers a wheel with rev indicators) which already has oil and water temp display, rather than the completely non-stock looking Stack gauges?

So at the end of the day, from the outside it’s a factory color, with bolt on wheels/brakes/exhaust/coilovers.......

And this is supposed to compete with Enzo Ferrari’s personal legacy? Fail.

Sorry, mostly nice mod job, but with the above as your target, and unlimited budget, not feeling it.

I know time was an issue, but no engine mods other than a bolt on supercharger/exhaust, or did you just not list them?

P.S. Opening line: “Humanity has been obsessed with time since the dawn of history.” History by definition is recorded events in time. So, in other words, we’ve been obsessed with time since the dawn of time. lol

Again, interior work is great. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood, and/or hyper critical. Not my car, not my project. And if he's got all the $ in the world and doesn't car, all the better.

In my mind when you're building a full tear down, exclusive project, the possibility of a stock car rolling up beside with a few bolt on mods and from the outside looking EXACTLY the same, should be zero.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #158
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, F8 Tributo, GR Supra

OMG. WOW.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #159
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Insane! Absolutely amazing work; now I am pissed I decided not to go to bimmerfest. Would have loved to see it in person.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #160
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

^^^ Wow, Ironring Racing, for not normally being negative, you sure do have it down to science, LOL.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #161
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironring Racing View Post

I’m not normally a negative poster, but since you set this up as a mega project, I guess I’m more critical of it than other private mods.

From the start, all that work just to get a factory color? Why not a custom color? Personal choice, and impatient customer I guess.

So you basically killed all cooling to the driver’s side front brake by blocking most of the duct with the air intake filter, that’ll be great on the track.

Why didn’t you install the roll bar before painting, to make certain the color was an exact match? Could have been a timing issue I guess.

If the Ericsson doors take 8 weeks to make and import and you got them in 2, were they the demo set?

If you wanted oil and water temps, why didn’t you install the BMW Performance LED wheel (the only manufacturer that I know of other than Ferrari that offers a wheel with rev indicators) which already has oil and water temp display, rather than the completely non-stock looking Stack gauges?

So at the end of the day, from the outside it’s a factory color, with bolt on wheels/brakes/exhaust/coilovers.......

Sorry, mostly nice mod job, but with the above as your target, and unlimited budget, not feeling it.

I know time was an issue, but no engine mods other than a bolt on supercharger/exhaust, or did you just not list them?

P.S. Opening line: “Humanity has been obsessed with time since the dawn of history.” History by definition is recorded events in time. So, in other words, we’ve been obsessed with time since the dawn of time. lol

Again, interior work is great. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood, and/or hyper critical. Not my car, not my project. And if he's got all the $ in the world and doesn't car, all the better.

In my mind when you're building a full tear down, exclusive project, the possibility of a stock car rolling up beside with a few bolt on mods and from the outside looking EXACTLY the same, should be zero.
It's not an auto, it is a dual clutch transmission. It is faster than a 6-speed manual especially around a track. If I could go back and change a few things on my M3 purchase it would have been to get a different exterior color and a DCT tranny.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #162
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Amazing build! Cant wait to see this thing at Bimmerfest. Will the e90 be there too???
D
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #163
assuck
u w0t m8?
United_States
Rep
Drives: LMB 13' M3

I found my new favorite color of all time. That is just amazing! Love everything about this build!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #164
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

AMAZING! finally a clean shop

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #165
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Immaculate build IND

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 03:03 PM   #166
NelsonLee
///M
Rep
Drives: AW M3

Holy, same name, different (very different) bank accounts.
      05-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #167
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Amazing project!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #168
///FCB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyOh View Post
fuck those rims are sex!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #169
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
That is the color the customer wanted and he didn't want to wait the 6 months to a year it would take for a Individual Atlantis order. Also I am sure the owner saw and liked the color on the IND Atlantis Sedan.

Quote:
That never was a brake duct.......... it originally was a duct leading into the airbox!

Quote:
I am sure the paint was probably all mixed at the same time not to mention it would be next to impossible to notice the difference in shade since it is not sitting right next to another body panel in the same color with a hard transition ...... like a door next to a fender

Quote:
The owner probably didn't like the BMW Performance steering wheel...... I personally find the digital display on it looks cheesy.

Quote:
Are there any type of wheels/brakes/exhaust/coilovers that aren't bolt on?

Quote:
You can do any project to any extent and if someone wants to spend the money, they can duplicate it.

I for one know that when you work with IND they do whatever you ask them to do.......The sky is the limit and I am sure this project was no different. With IND you never hear the words no "we can't get that" or "we can't do that".

You are entitled to your opinion but from my point of view a lot of your comments don't make sense to me. This is what the customer wanted and that is what he got!
      05-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #170
jmunro
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6

She's pretty!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #171
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:

alright who invited the e90poster
      05-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #172
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwonder View Post
This alone is worth going to the Bimmerfest for!
+1
I wasn't going to go but now I might
      05-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #173
DirrtysAnchez335i
BeAsT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 bmw 335i

AMAZing!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #174
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

all the carbon fiber is a little over the top, but overall its rediculous
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #175
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

That is one fine piece of machinery Nate.

Your company never fails to impress me.

Good work on the car man! Nice writeup as well...
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #176
heyimsam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

by far the sickest build on this forum...
Appreciate 0