BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

07-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #23
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

7318 Ferraris Sold in 2012
2058 Sold in the US, their largest market.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #24
JWE90
2008 E90 M3 6 spd., no sunroof, no nav, no idrive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
Well that proves the point now doesn't it? Do you realize how unbelievably rare those cars are in the rest of the world. Actually, leaving out a few metro areas, these cars are a rare sight even in the US.
Meh. Some old guy here commutes in an LFA. I'd still consider the Lexus LFA an exotic ...

TRUE Exotic car shopping in Beijing. You can also get a live chicken if you're hungry:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #25
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
7318 Ferraris Sold in 2012
2058 Sold in the US, their largest market.
Not surprising, generally, we account for about 1/3 of most exotic make's worldwide sales. (Lambo, high end AMGs, etc).

We love 'em and we have money!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #26
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

That Pagani Zonda is just insane.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #27
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
you think China is crazy, have you been to India!? Someone once said: I never believe in God, but after seeing how traffic/cars navigate in India, I do now. (or something to that effect)
Yea either or. I can imagine it's just as bad. I'm from Thailand and when I went home last summer, I had literally 0 interest in driving anywhere. 4 lane highway, with people using the shoulders as 2 extra lanes. Screw that.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #28
JWE90
2008 E90 M3 6 spd., no sunroof, no nav, no idrive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Yea either or. I can imagine it's just as bad. I'm from Thailand and when I went home last summer, I had literally 0 interest in driving anywhere. 4 lane highway, with people using the shoulders as 2 extra lanes. Screw that.
I never found Thailand THAT bad. Sure, you can fit 5 lanes of traffic in a road built for 3 lanes. Or 2 lanes... but you can also drive at any speed you want in the countryside and if you're caught, you just pay the police $20. Bribery is rather liberating, provided you have the money.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #29
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
No.

Why are chinese women drivers bad?

My guess is that males are behind the wheel for most of the exotic car crashes.
Didn't say Chinese woman. Just woman in general
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #30
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
i also imagine the "rich-car" culture is similar in Thailand as in China...here's an example of a Zpost member:

Got a Z4 club in Thailand? No problem, let's just stop in the middle of the highway for a photoshoot! lol

http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthre...light=thailand

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #31
quiksi
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Didn't say Chinese woman. Just woman in general

2011 E90 M3 6mt AW/Speed Cloth - ZCP, Moonroof, non-iDrive - PCD 12/9/10
Painted reflectors, matte black grills/gills, Deansbimmer Belly Pan, DEI Alarm, Homelink/compass retrofit, Passport MAX2 Hardwire, GP Thunder 8500K, modmy3 LED interior, Dinan Mufflers, HRE P40 19" Satin Charcoal, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #32
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
/\

family guy clip x1000
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #33
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER View Post
There's no regard for traffic laws in china. It's ever man, woman, motorcyclist, bicicle rider and pedestrian for themselves. In some parts of shanghai, it's crazy confusing too. You have to get on the far right lane to make a left turn and vice versa. It's like they built the roads and later on thought oh we should of put a turn lane there and they just shove it anywhere it fits.

I was getting out of a taxi once and the car stopped at the curb for me to get out. I open my door thinking its safe and a motorcycle crashes right into the door. He was ripping down the 2 foot gap between road and curb. Unbelievable this country
I lived there 6 months and can verify exactly what this man stated. It gets worse when you leave the Shanghai metro area if you can believe it. All the scooters and bike may just be more dangerous than the actual auto traffic which in itself is deadly.

In China NEVER assume you have the right away....EVER. No such thing as a pedestrian.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #34
jchristianp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 E90

I've spent a good amount of time in Shanghai and inland China and observed that it is nothing for cars to drive into oncoming traffic or up on the sidewalk to get through or around other cars.

I've seen 3-4 people on a motorcycle regularly, a 20 foot ladder dragging behind a scooter, and cars that I cant really explain as they looked like they were pieced together out of old rusty farm equipment.

I am not surprised one bit.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #35
brisance
Private
Rep
Drives: MY2011 AW FR E92 M3 M-DCT ZCP

Quote:
Not surprising, generally, we account for about 1/3 of most exotic make's worldwide sales. (Lambo, high end AMGs, etc).

We love 'em and we have money!
Not discounting the fact that Americans have money. However, comparatively speaking, cars are the cheapest in the US.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/05/wat...-in-shock.html

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/koenigse...173726327.html

$5.3 million is about US$4.2M using today's exchange rates.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #36
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Because they are terrible at driving and the Economic boom that happened for many there. The ones who have done well buy beautiful cars and treat them like shit. Also driving rules and etiquette does not exist there. They are the worst drivers... Stereotypes always have some truth to them I guess.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #37
brisance
Private
Rep
Drives: MY2011 AW FR E92 M3 M-DCT ZCP

Coming back on topic. Here's a Youtube vid of a father-son feud involving a Z4 and S-class. The video says the cars are worth at least 2M RMB which translates to about US$326K.

Aren't you glad cars are cheap in America?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #38
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Why do you believe China has the most?..they just really started with cars, relatively speaking when you compare the Europeans and Americans..especially Americans
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #39
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

I saw a news not too long ago a dissatisfied Maserati owner hired people to smash the car in front of the dealer he purchased from in China.

By the way, with tax a Maserati sedan in China cost $430k USD.

In China, anything goes.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #40
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrezzz View Post
So i was looking at exoticwreaks.com today and noticed that most of the exotic crashes are in china... WHY? how do so many people have M3's F430's Gallardo Ect.. Then literally wreak them brand new? i don't get it. and looked at other threads and it's the same story.
China doesn't actually have a lot of supercars, probably even less than a small place like Hong Kong. BTW M3 isnt a supercar. But if you want to know why so many people have nice cars, its because there are definitely a lot of rich people in China. Why so many crashes? Because "chinese" lol. I drive in China on a regular basis and that's probably the best way I can explain it. Please also note that cars are at least twice the price than the US because of high import taxes, some countries have it even worse like Singapore. Roads are nice, most drivers are just uneducated and have no regards for other driver/cars on the street. No one EVER gets pulled over by the cops because that's not how they work. I quite enjoy driving in China, much more than I do in anywhere else which is basically Hong Kong, Canada, France, and US.
      07-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #41
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisance View Post
Not discounting the fact that Americans have money. However, comparatively speaking, cars are the cheapest in the US.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/05/wat...-in-shock.html

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/koenigse...173726327.html

$5.3 million is about US$4.2M using today's exchange rates.
god bless the USA! We get our motoring for cheap!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #42
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisance View Post
Coming back on topic. Here's a Youtube vid of a father-son feud involving a Z4 and S-class. The video says the cars are worth at least 2M RMB which translates to about US$326K.

Aren't you glad cars are cheap in America?
wtf! seriously, those rich people in China think they are the shit. No regard for public safety or traffic concerns to carry out their feud? no wonder ordinary people see this stuff and have hate these people.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #43
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
wtf! seriously, those rich people in China think they are the shit. No regard for public safety or traffic concerns to carry out their feud? no wonder ordinary people see this stuff and have hate these people.
OK this might be getting a tad racist to say. If you understood this situation more maybe your inner Hitler wouldn't come out so quick. "Hate these people" is quite strong. "those rich people in China think they are the shit". Rich people every where in this world think they are the shit bro, if you can't see that then maybe you need to meet more rich people.

This situation you saw isn't what you would see normally. I can easily one up this one with a dozen crazier shit that happens regularly from the states (worldstar HH would be heaven), and you probably wouldn't hear anyone say "hey look at those crazy fucking americans with their guns and shit, no wonder they are they biggest target for terrorist activities. BTW, just FYI from what i read, the father and son both fell in love with the same KTV whore. Crashing their cars into each other was probably the safest resolution.

From just the replies on this thread, you seem to be extremely proud to be an american, I personally dont mind that as I am also extremely proud to be a Canadian but honestly you might want to chill on the racist remarks for any type of asians.
      07-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #44
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
OK this might be getting a tad racist to say. If you understood this situation more maybe your inner Hitler wouldn't come out so quick. "Hate these people" is quite strong. "those rich people in China think they are the shit". Rich people every where in this world think they are the shit bro, if you can't see that then maybe you need to meet more rich people.

This situation you saw isn't what you would see normally. I can easily one up this one with a dozen crazier shit that happens regularly from the states (worldstar HH would be heaven), and you probably wouldn't hear anyone say "hey look at those crazy fucking americans with their guns and shit, no wonder they are they biggest target for terrorist activities. BTW, just FYI from what i read, the father and son both fell in love with the same KTV whore. Crashing their cars into each other was probably the safest resolution.

From just the replies on this thread, you seem to be extremely proud to be an american, I personally dont mind that as I am also extremely proud to be a Canadian but honestly you might want to chill on the racist remarks for any type of asians.
wtf? YOU have some serious reading comprehension issues here. I meant, "These People = Rich Chinese". The context is completely how ordinary chinese view rich chinese (many of them are corrupt or run state-sponsored monopolies). Where's the racist remarks here? Get off your high horse and take your twisted "Americans against Chinese people" agenda elsewhere, idiot.

and my point was, I don't give a shit why they're fighting, but to take it out on a public road is outragous. At one point the Z4 driver drove into the traffic and crossed the median...clearly they have no disregard for public safety in that video. That was my whole point, yet you're saying they should have taken it out on a public road, and it was somehow a better resolution?! How twisted are you?

oh yeah, I'm Chinese-American btw.

Last edited by mdosu; 07-05-2013 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0