BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

10-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #67
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2016 X5 50i

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post
Eisenmann Race! period. Game Over! No other exhaust mods needed. Just get the rear section and save the rest of your money for other mods. Then your car will turn heads with looks and sound.

Akrapovic evo is a different story, but if you're going to do an axle back ONLY Eisenmann Race all the way.
Yes you right! but I'm going full Akrapovic!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #68
sycd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 [MT]

Garage List
2023 BMW M2 [MT]  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post
Eisenmann Race! period. Game Over! No other exhaust mods needed. Just get the rear section and save the rest of your money for other mods. Then your car will turn heads with looks and sound.

Akrapovic evo is a different story, but if you're going to do an axle back ONLY Eisenmann Race all the way.
What do you think of the drone? Be honest

I had a set of badly droning exhausts on a previous Mustang that was making me sick and made me dislike driving my car back then, and I don't want to repeat that mistake.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #69
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycd View Post
What do you think of the drone? Be honest

I had a set of badly droning exhausts on a previous Mustang that was making me sick and made me dislike driving my car back then, and I don't want to repeat that mistake.
Everyone has a different tolerance for drone. I like you came from a mustang background and have had all sorts of exhaust setups on various other cars. In my opinion there is little drone and the exhaust note from the race erases any other thoughts you had. When I go to a bmw meet or some other car event its the first thing someone will ask... What type of exhaust is that!?
its a bit loud on the cold start but once it settles in there is nothing better.

Think you'll find most people that have the race and get rid of it want it back months later.

my $.02

Beastcat

See what i mean:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Yup, and to be honest, I really miss the Eisenmann Race sound. People who would hear it would go through a whole range of emotions: shock, awe, happiness, and disbelieve. It never failed to put smile on a kids face be it at the grocery store, gas station, or school. My neighbors would shake their heads, but still had to smile.

Anyway, did I mention that I miss that sound?
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #70
sycd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 [MT]

Garage List
2023 BMW M2 [MT]  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
I ordered my Eisenmann race today!

I figured if that if I were to get a tame setup I would regret it. It's not my DD so shouldn't be a problem. Will keep everything else stock for now.

Got the black series with polished tips. Should match my jet black well (i like some contrast and also kept the stock grill and silver ZCP wheels), while hiding the canisters.

Will let you guys know how it goes. Also thanks a lot OP for the thread, it helped me quite a bit.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 06:42 AM   #71
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycd View Post
I ordered my Eisenmann race today!

I figured if that if I were to get a tame setup I would regret it. It's not my DD so shouldn't be a problem. Will keep everything else stock for now.

Got the black series with polished tips. Should match my jet black well (i like some contrast and also kept the stock grill and silver ZCP wheels), while hiding the canisters.

Will let you guys know how it goes. Also thanks a lot OP for the thread, it helped me quite a bit.
Congrats!!! upload some video!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #72
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Well, late to the party here. First, that akra video is the best ive heard. Especially at 50 seconds in. I love the presence. However, I'd be concerned about the in cabin experience. Without the highs, I'd be afraid of missing the adrenalin rushing scream and howl that goes with 6k and above. Even my AA axle back screams, but not like the oem or even better the m performance. Yep, I said it, that weak oem screams, but it isn't loud enough because you have to go all out to experience it. I hope the Akra doesn't get boring to fast.

Finally, the next time I shop for an exhaust, it will be for my in cabin experience. Hell, the only time I piss excitedly in my pants from my AA is when my wife drives it. Then i hear the beauty of it. Other than that I have to use my imagination.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #73
Vince@SSCAmerica.com
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: A lot!

Both the Akrapovic and Eisenmann are excellent exhaust of very high quality. You can't go wrong with either.

But, if you're looking for something different, here is another exhaust you should consider as well!

Power-Craft Exhausts are some of the finest in the world and manufactured by hand in Japan. They are exceptional quality and sound amazing.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 02:11 AM   #74
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@SSCAmerica.com View Post
Both the Akrapovic and Eisenmann are excellent exhaust of very high quality. You can't go wrong with either.

But, if you're looking for something different, here is another exhaust you should consider as well!

Power-Craft Exhausts are some of the finest in the world and manufactured by hand in Japan. They are exceptional quality and sound amazing.

Man that Exhaust sounds awsome!!! How much do they run for?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #75
thedrknows
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by manari06 View Post
I have heard both on videos and the Akra personally, would would love to hear the Eisenmann in person! If anything I would wait until I take delivery and meet with the M Flight club members I know one of them must have Einsenmann installed.
Not sure if you know my car or not, but I had the Jerez e92 M3 on Illesheim (pic in signature). I pick up my a 2012 Melbourne Red M3 from pentagon right before my deployment to Kuwait. I have the E-race on mine with an MXP x-pipe. I love the exhaust but there is some drone around 80 mph, but that is easilly solved by going faster

Current - 2018 Tesla Model 3
SOLD - 2008 135i CR, 2010 135i LMB, 2012 M3 MR, 2008 M3 JZB
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #76
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrknows View Post
Not sure if you know my car or not, but I had the Jerez e92 M3 on Illesheim (pic in signature). I pick up my a 2012 Melbourne Red M3 from pentagon right before my deployment to Kuwait. I have the E-race on mine with an MXP x-pipe. I love the exhaust but there is some drone around 80 mph, but that is easilly solved by going faster
I didn't get to see it because I was gone attending ALC in Eustis and got back from school after everyone was already gone. But we will get together after I get back. My schedule delivery date is March 8 I should be back by then. I will have the dealer install the Akra Evo before I take delivery!!!
Appreciate 0