BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

VS Motorsports Blackhawk Farms Race May 12-13th

Our first race of the season for SCCA T2 class is coming up May 12-13th at Blackhawk Farms Raceway in South Beloit IL (right next to Rockford). We will be racing our 2009 BMW M3 for the first time and really looking forward to getting it on track. So far there are 5.0 mustangs, e46 M3's, Z4M's, and porsche 996 Carrera in our class that weekend.

Our sessions for Qualifying on Saturday are at 8:10am and 1:20pm. Each qualifying session is 25min long. The race on Sunday is a 24 lap race starting at 9:00am.

Hope to see some of you out there!

Track Map of Blackhawk Farms Raceway

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Super Sic
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Curious as to your times in the M3 around BHF. I've been going to BHF with CCS on 2 wheels for years. Fun little track.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Fuera View Post
Curious as to your times in the M3 around BHF. I've been going to BHF with CCS on 2 wheels for years. Fun little track.
It is a fun track. In our E46 M3 T2 car we would do about 1:18-1:19
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
SM#80
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 E92

Wish I could be there, but have to go to a wedding in NYC. I will be anxiously watching race monitor for lap times. I raced with SJ in the 996 at VIR and he (maybe the car too) was very quick. I am also looking forward to watch the Mustangs can do on a smaller "handling" track.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
Evan@Ring-Werks
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 m3 white

Kris, the best driver that I know.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Good luck guys! Can't make this one but hopefully one of these weekends, would love to see it in action
      05-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM#80 View Post
Wish I could be there, but have to go to a wedding in NYC. I will be anxiously watching race monitor for lap times. I raced with SJ in the 996 at VIR and he (maybe the car too) was very quick. I am also looking forward to watch the Mustangs can do on a smaller "handling" track.
Too bad you won't be out this weekend. Saw you also got first at the winter race in Sebring. Good Job! Yea will be good to see how the mustangs will do after how fast pole was at runoffs (but you beat a mustang at sebring right?). We have been writing letters to get the E92 M3 modifications but nothing has been approved till next year. Plus next year looks like they are going to do some car reclassification anyways (Possibly mixing T2 with T1 cars).

It will be interesting to see what our car does with all that weight and stock springs/sway bars, and brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanlee1112 View Post
Kris, the best driver that I know.
He keeps getting faster and faster too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Good luck guys! Can't make this one but hopefully one of these weekends, would love to see it in action
Thanks! We our planning our next race to be the first weekend in June at Mid Ohio. Then Fathers day weekend we will be at Road America.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
SM#80
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSmotorsports View Post
Too bad you won't be out this weekend. Saw you also got first at the winter race in Sebring. Good Job! Yea will be good to see how the mustangs will do after how fast pole was at runoffs (but you beat a mustang at sebring right?). We have been writing letters to get the E92 M3 modifications but nothing has been approved till next year. Plus next year looks like they are going to do some car reclassification anyways (Possibly mixing T2 with T1 cars).
Yeah, but the one (or two) Mustangs that were really quick at the Runoffs were driven by "pro" drivers, as was the 370 driven by Rivera. I have no problems with pro drivers (i.e. drivers who get paid to drive) coming and playing in the club racing side as it just means everyone else needs to elevate their game. The guy at Sebring wasn't the quickest, and he was also having trans issues, so call it what you want.

I know the two guys that are driving the 'stangs at blackhawk and they really haven't had a lot of seat time in them, so it should be interesting.

I am also anxiously awaiting the new classing of cars too. From what it looks like, the E46 should still be a pretty good car for the T2 class (or whatever they are going to call it). So it may not mean building a new car over the winter.... Details.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM#80 View Post
Yeah, but the one (or two) Mustangs that were really quick at the Runoffs were driven by "pro" drivers, as was the 370 driven by Rivera. I have no problems with pro drivers (i.e. drivers who get paid to drive) coming and playing in the club racing side as it just means everyone else needs to elevate their game. The guy at Sebring wasn't the quickest, and he was also having trans issues, so call it what you want.

I know the two guys that are driving the 'stangs at blackhawk and they really haven't had a lot of seat time in them, so it should be interesting.

I am also anxiously awaiting the new classing of cars too. From what it looks like, the E46 should still be a pretty good car for the T2 class (or whatever they are going to call it). So it may not mean building a new car over the winter.... Details.
True those cars had the set up and the driver. I think the thing that frustrates us the most is that we built a new car and could not get any modifications on it before a race. Then the mustang 5.0 with similar weight and Hp gets all the mods before even stepping out on track.

Not even just the performance the E92 M3 brakes are not up to the task of a 3,700 plus pound car racing. Thats more weight than street form.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
SM#80
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSmotorsports View Post
True those cars had the set up and the driver. I think the thing that frustrates us the most is that we built a new car and could not get any modifications on it before a race. Then the mustang 5.0 with similar weight and Hp gets all the mods before even stepping out on track.

Not even just the performance the E92 M3 brakes are not up to the task of a 3,700 plus pound car racing. Thats more weight than street form.
I hear your point. Good luck this weekend.
Appreciate 0