BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

03-26-2008, 11:41 PM   #1475
yogaflame
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwluver View Post
I actually do own a few husker auto group related domain names, but ive been saving them for a last resort. My thread jacking is totally revelant to the customer service / history of this local dealership. Even though i do hope the new GM does what he said he was going to do and drop it... we will see.

The paying a bum $5 an hour isnt doing so well for someone who is actually doing that same thing in front of all the local US Bank branches currently.. so i would again just be out the $5 an hour and have a few more web clicks..

too bad there isnt a membership fee to join these forums.. wow someone would be doing ok in the last few days.. i am a new member but posted when i owned my E36 m3 on a few of the other bmw related forums.

Husker is probably paying people $5 to sign up on here and other blogs / forums to be combative.. they are a multi-million dollar company im told..
Combative? If thats what you wish to call it... but you are detracting from the REAL topic.

Hmm... so you spent $5000+ over several years already and have not come to any sort of resolution, but you aren't willing to pay a bum $40 (8 x $5/hr) to cost the dealership 1 sale? I hear Sundays are real good for sales... 4 Sundays a month would cost you $160 per month.

Work with me here... a bum standing outside a dealership WILL deter many people... the types that BMW are catering to. The loss of a few sales a month WILL guarantee that some action would take place.

In contrast, bank customers are there for convenience. Why the heck would someone avoid doing their banking just because someone is holding a sandwich board in front of it?

Anyways, this is my LAST off topic post. Keep up the threadjacking.

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:43 PM   #1476
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
this is also a case of whether the story gets picked up by internet forum/bloggers. I feel sorry for you vwluver, but this is precisely the inconsistency with internet power.

Regarding your situation and local newspaper response, I'm not surprised that they didn't publicize it as your story won't do them any good in terms of ad money. So the problem with media now? Therefore, always take the media reports with a grain of salt. Hopefully, your situation gets resolved asap also. If Husker revolves both Ken's and your's in a very efficient and good manner, all kudos go to them then.

Meanwhile, we can only wait and see.
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:44 PM   #1477
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
I don't know Ken, but have been following this saga for the last few days, and it's been very entertaining. Yes, I've also eaten a lot of

So entertaining, in fact, that I propose that everyone who has been entertained PayPal Ken a dollar (or two or three or four), to pay the full amount of his M3.

What say ye, net denizens ?? I'll send the first $10.00.

Ken would need to post or send us his e-mail account so we can PayPay it to him....

And, no, I'm not a shill, I've been posting on E90Post since I've owned my E90.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:45 PM   #1478
wrxgoose
Rep
Drives: '07 cooper

Might I make a recomendation of the Mods of this board? Since we are trying to prevent people from calling the dealership, maybe one of you should edit the posts with the phone numbers of the dealership and take those out?

just a thought. still haven't finished the thread yet, only on page 70.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #1479
MyBlackCar
Rep
Drives: BMW 318IS, Porsche 944

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwluver View Post
At the time the car had a KBB of $20k of course non salvage of course. So i felt $13500 was fair and it was what i was asking for the car to sell it before i traded it in.. I actually paid $14,000 for the car, then another $1000 to ship it to me. Then of course a few more $1000 on modifications which i know are not added into the value but to the right person they are worth something. I think there were two other bidders when i won the car.

They assured me that it was "ok" and it wouldnt sour the deal...because they didnt run a carfax, im sure now they do it before even talking numbers with someone but they didnt do it 3 weeks later when they went to send the car to auction and the auction place told them it had salvage title... then the big red flag went up in the air.... and the heads started to roll..

Even when the lawsuit first started, Ryan told me that if i could sell the car for that would be ok to make it go away.. I had a few bites on it and actually thought i had it sold once but i think the dealership didnt return the guys phone call or something or it was tied up in "corporation red tape" So instead they spend the money to ship the car to auction in MN, when all of Huskers car goes to local auction. No one ever explained to me why it went 3 states away, when they NEVER EVER send cars to auction up there.

I just looked on local TV stations website.. not a mention of the husker auto group story... seems like news to me... wonder why its no mentioned.

In the local paper, the story was under the "Business" section.. which i find an odd place to put it... actually.

Im going to list headlines from other stories on the same page:
Ethanex to file bankrupcy
84 Lumber merges Omaha Store into lincoln location
County Ok's Bond for Giest expansion
Fox Says no to FCC fine

Then the BMw of lincoln headline:
Web Army Joins California Man's Bid to claim BMW..

With all the publicity , i would think it would be front page news? Or maybe front page of Local news, the business section in todays paper doesnt even have its own section, it page 8 of the newspaper....
Ummm... Keep digging. You are almost in your own grave.

As a seller, you need to disclose certain things, important things, like whether it has a CLEAN TITLE! And just because you bought your car for $14K does not mean your car is worth $13.5K. A salvage title reduces the value of a car by 50%. Stop hijacking this thread and go start your own.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #1480
vwluver
Rep
Drives: Volkswagen

EDITED.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129357

Last edited by vwluver; 03-27-2008 at 12:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #1481
Illan
Rep
Drives: MB 190e

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
Honestly, why not just buy a Nissan GT-R...

let me say a couple of things:

1.GT-R and M3 sre 2 different animals
2.GT-R will have limited avalability for a couple of years.
3.GT-R will start Above $68000, thats more money than ken is currently negotiating for his m3.Even though is reported that nissan is trying to discourage price markup i beleive this car will be at 100k or more with the markups.
and 4. Lets try and keep the post within the OP and the m3.

If What Fil did is true ihave only to say this:
WOW....you hsve left me speechless buddy.

Here what we may see in the future.

Highly Successful Dealer looking for a Motivated General Manager to join our winning team.We have great Benefits including health Insurance and 401k.please apply today, contact xxxx@xxxxxx.com ( i hope im dead wrong about this prediction,its not funny if someone loses a job, but really cant say he did ask for it if it was true)

in the mean time i will follow this soap opera till the end.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #1482
MyBlackCar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RAC View Post
C'mon guys give vwluver a break. If it was anyone of us we would all try to be doing the same thing. He just wants to end his nightmare as well does Dooma.
Not really. I did the sales thing in college and you will be surprised how hard it is to overcome the animosity against salespeople in general due to a few greedy bastards giving the rest of us a bad name. No, I like honesty and full disclosure. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #1483
wrxgoose
Rep
Drives: '07 cooper

even if i had the money, Laszlo, i wouldn't want to deal with this dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:55 PM   #1484
sjmarvin13
Registered
Rep
Drives: Small & Blue

I've been following this for some time Is this coincidence or is this a pattern for this company?

In MalibuBimmer's post it says he ran into a Mercedes-Benz Chevrolet dealership in the mid-west playing a similar game awhile ago.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=939

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer
I had a case against a mid-west dealer about 4 years ago that was similar, but I had much better facts. The dealer was an authorized Mercedes-Benz and Chevrolet dealership (!). It was selling a brand new SL600 on eBay and advertising the sale as "no reserve." I bid around $108,000. Another bidder went up to around $110,000. But during the bidding a third bidder entered the process starting at $100,000 and pushed us both up, and eventually "bought" the car at $112,500. Which was still more than $35,000 below MSRP.

At that time eBay was providing full info on bidders. (No longer. It has become a sellers’ fraud paradise, partially because of what happened next.) I checked out the bidder. He had bought another car from the same dealer in another "no reserve" auction a few weeks before. Funny thing. That car was still in the dealership’s inventory. Although the eBay feedback was positive in both directions. And a little more digging caused me to find 4 other spurious transactions in the previous 3 months, involving other shill bidders and cars that were later sold to others. All the feedback on eBay was posirive and obviously phony. I complained to eBay, which of course never did a damn thing. But I wasn't finished.

Armed with this information I contacted the other unsuccessful, real bidder. I asked him if he would be willing to buy the car for $103,500 if I could get the dealer to sell it. (He was in San Diego and he also wanted an installed phone for that price and free transport. I told him I’d get that thrown in.) He agreed to buy if I could get him the car. I then wrote the dealer, and the letter was quickly turned over to the dealer’s very large lawfirm in a very large mid-western city. I laid out my case. The dealership was defrauding buyers and was liable under the federal "RICO" statutes. (Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organization laws. In this case the dealership had committed the predicate offense of wire fraud. Numerous times. Three are the minimum to show a "pattern of racketeering activity.") The RICO statute provides for attorney’s fees and I had the dealer dead to rights. (Indeed, before I wrote the dealer I called the dealership and learned the car was still in stock, after the sale and the positive feedback. And I had a confirming email from the Internet manager for the dealership.)

Faced with this evidence of its client’s liability, the attorneys must have dealership it had no choice but to sell me the car, which I turned around and directed the dealership to sell to the guy in San Diego. And I pocketed $3500 for a few hours work.
And look at this post from rainsux. http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...postcount=1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsux

List of VTAIG auto businesses only totals 54 at the moment. I am not listing the real estate, title, insurance and advertising companies:

SUPERIOR HYUNDAI, INC., KS
V. T. TITLE CO., KS
VAN CAR & TRUCK LEASING, INC., KS
VAN CHEVROLET CO., INC., KS
VAN TOYOTA, INC., KS
VANTUYL AUTO CENTER, INC, KS
ARTEX AUTOMOTIVE SALES, KS
COURTESY CHEVROLET, KS
CREST CADILLAC, KS
CREST INFINITI, KS
CREST OLDSMOBILE, KS
IRVTEX AUTOMOTIVE SALES, KS
IRVTEX IMPORT SALES, KS
JMF, KS
JOE MYERS AUTOMOTIVE, KS
LUKE MOTOR COMPANY, KS
O.B.D., INC., KS
PHALEN MOTORS, INC., KS
RELIABLE CHEVROLET, KS
RICHARDSON AUTOMOTIVE, KS
SHOWCASE CHEVROLET, KS
VAN CHEVROLET, KS
VANDERGRIFF CHEVROLET, KS
Westway Ford, Irving, TX
Reliable Chevrolet, Richardson, TX
Camelback Toyota, Phoenix
Showcase Honda, Phoenix
Reliable Chevrolet, Springfield, MO
Mercedes-Benz, Springfield, MO

ABC Nissan, Phoenix
Trophy Nissan, Mesquite, TX
Vandergriff Chevrolet, Arlington, TX
Toyota of Richardson, TX
Van Chevrolet, Scottsdale, AZ
Pinnacle Nissan, Scottsdale, AZ
Pinnacle Infiniti, Scottsdale, AZ
Showcase Pontiac, Phoenix
Showcase GMC, Phoenix
Crest Cadillac, Plano, TX
Crest Isuzu, Plano, TX
Crest Kia, Plano, TX
Cerritos Nissan, Cerritos, CA
Van Chevrolet, Carrollton, TX
Grand Prairie Ford, Grand Prairie, TX
Reliable Chevrolet, Tulsa, OK
Showcase Chevrolet, Dallas
Reliable Toyota, Springfield, MO
Reliable Lexus, Springfield, MO
Reliable BMW, Springfield, MO
Gwinnett Place Ford, Duluth, GA
Miles Chevrolet, Decatur, IL
Miles Nissan, Decatur, IL
Huber Chevrolet, Omaha
Reliable Chevrolet, Albuquerque, NM
Is there a business pattern forming here on this group that is slowly being exposed?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:59 PM   #1485
-RAC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 996 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBlackCar View Post
Not really. I did the sales thing in college and you will be surprised how hard it is to overcome the animosity against salespeople in general due to a few greedy bastards giving the rest of us a bad name. No, I like honesty and full disclosure. Thanks.
So what, I did sales (cars lol) too when I was in college and he did start another post on here. He is just pointing out his bad dealings with this same dealership. It should be more fuel to add to the fire. C'mon.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:00 AM   #1486
0.02eurocents
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 159 SW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBlackCar View Post
Mr. Maledon,
it does our free market system a great injustice
Sorry for sounding like an antagonist prick, but I read in this thread that are exactly 2 BMW dealerships in NE.

2 dealerships for 1.768.331 inhabitanta (as of 2006) does not realy sound like the sort of business diversity that should be created by a functional free market syetem.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:03 AM   #1487
MyBlackCar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
I don't know Ken, but have been following this saga for the last few days, and it's been very entertaining. Yes, I've also eaten a lot of

So entertaining, in fact, that I propose that everyone who has been entertained PayPal Ken a dollar (or two or three or four), to pay the full amount of his M3.

Ken would need to post or send us his e-mail account so we can PayPay it to him....

And, no, I'm not a shill, I've been posting on E90Post since I've owned my E90.

+1. I'm entertained.

Where do I send the cash?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #1488
MyBlackCar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.02eurocents View Post
Sorry for sounding like an antagonist prick, but I read in this thread that are exactly 2 BMW dealerships in NE.

2 dealerships for 1.768.331 inhabitanta (as of 2006) does not realy sound like the sort of business diversity that should be created by a functional free market syetem.
If you chose to buy locally and you lived in Nebraska, then it is arguable. However, since this is an interstate transaction, every dealership in the United States is theoretically available as a seller.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:09 AM   #1489
-RAC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 996 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
This one is even funnier.. someone please grab this for your avatar.

Attachment 140230
YES! thats the one!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:15 AM   #1490
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
It appears as if Husker would like to imply that I have insufficient funds, hence the delay on my end. I realize that my neighborhood here in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA is very modest compared to what you have out in Lincoln. Im sorry to burst your bubble, but I do have financing lined up.

As I mentioned in my first post, I secured financing the day of auction end(3/20) thru Capital One Auto Finance. Remember, immediate payment was one of the requirements for this auction. Here is a screenshot of my approval at the lowest rate.

On 3/25, I was approved for leasing (leasecompare) at the lowest money factor. So there you have it, Husker, approval for both financing (traditional) and lease.

Thanks again for sharing your concern about my financial situation.
Its heartwarming to know that you care.

Regards

Ken
Attached Images

2008 E90 M3 Jerez Black (Retired)

Last edited by AYF82M4; 03-27-2008 at 12:25 AM.. Reason: Need to thank the dealer x 2
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:17 AM   #1491
MyBlackCar
Rep

Quote:

Attachment 140230
So wrong...LOL... So wrong
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:18 AM   #1492
0.02eurocents
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 159 SW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
I'll say you a good-hearted guy, but a bit impulsive.

You should check out the Location Ken has in his profile, and then look that up maps.google.de.

I know the US housing is bad shape, but still I am sure that a house in that general area would not be vacant for a whole week before being resold.

Point is: I hardly see how Ken would "need" that money. I am sure if he was here, he'd decline the kind offer or even ask anyone who feels some money burning a hole into his pockets to send that money to some charitable organization. They can make better use of it. One of the (only) orgs i support on a regular basis because I am very impressed with their work and more importantly their stunning integrity and honesty is MSF / Doctors without Borders.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/donate/

I think they can make better use of the money than a guy who is purchasing a 60k vehicle. If Ken is running low on food later this year, he can still offer paid joyrides with the famous Husker M3 to other forum users who could not afford an M3 yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #1493
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Attachment 140230
Oh man.....I.....I.....don't really know what to say.

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:21 AM   #1494
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Got it. Hope it's working.
      03-27-2008, 12:24 AM   #1495
MyBlackCar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Got it. Hope it's working.
Yup. It's working.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:26 AM   #1496
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Ok, Mr. Maledon.
It appears as if Husker would like to imply that I have insufficient funds, hence the delay on my end. I realize that my neighborhood here in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA is very modest compared to what you have out in Lincoln. Im sorry to burst your bubble, but I do have financing lined up.

As I mentioned in my first post, I secured financing the day of auction end(3/20) thru Capital One Auto Finance. Remember, immediate payment was one of the requirements for this auction. Here is a screenshot of my approval at the lowest rate.

On 3/25, I was approved for leasing (leasecompare) at the lowest money factor. So there you have it, Husker, approval for both financing (traditional) and lease.

Thanks again for sharing your concern about my financial situation.

Regards

Ken

Rancho Palos Verdes..? Is that next to South Central or Gardena...I forget.

(I use to live in Palos Verdes Estates)

This sounds like a ton of fun guys...I wish I was involved in this one...

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread