BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #23
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Agreed. To me the 550xi seems like the better car to buy. The extra straight line performance of an M5 isn't something that will be noticed or missed on a regular daily drive. And handling in the corners probably won't matter much since neither car will be nimble or tossable anyway.
Oh you could not be more wrong. I test drove 550 xdrive and that car is just terrible compared to the M5. First of all, you do feel the lack of torque and power in every which way possible. Second of all the steering, suspension, and the overall package is just not there. Third, the sound of the engine is just not there for that car. The exhaust is terrible and quiet so is the engine. Lastly, the interior quality of the M5 is just something you need to see yourself. The leather that is used in the regular 5 series is worse than the leather in our M3s. Not to mention, there is no full leather option. A fully loaded 550xi crosses 90k, I'd never spend that kind of money for a regular 5 series. You may not want an M5, but then you should probably get a 535xdrive, 550 is way too much money for that kind of power and handling.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 08:04 AM   #24
1LRM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [8.00]
Have tracked an M5 (2013) 6spd MT, and cannot deny that the 560hp twin turbo 4.4 V8 is a sick beast... immense power and active response!!! equally torque too.. no doubt! a large vehicle with sick power.... this sucker launches on the track indeed!! Not too familiar with the 14's but the one upgrade I would hope for are ceramic brakes.... this car eats it up and is a beauty!

With that stated, Ill prefer my M3

Understand your situ... gl with all...
F.T.B.R. Garage, CT
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #25
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStinky View Post
Why would someone go to e350m makes sense to get e63 or e550. 350 would be painful

You should drive a E350 before you say something like tat

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #26
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig View Post
The sad moment is near. In 3-4 months time I'll be either in a F10 M5 CP or a F80 M3. I'm #1 in my dealer's list for the M3, but I am having second thoughts regarding the car (my kid is getting older and wife is complaining too much about the ride and size of the 3 series) so I am also looking into the M5.

That being said, the past 3 years have been just so amazing. I don't think either of the car is going to give me the satisfaction this bad boy has given every single day. I still remember the first time I sat in this M3 and to this date I still feel the same way. There is something about this car, it's hard to describe. It's raw, forgiving, and complex character makes it a perfect gentlemen's car. I'd hold on to it if it weren't for the high residual and expensive warranty costs. It just does not make financial sense. I don't want to pay $1000/month for 5 more years for this car.

Even though my car was lease, I have done so much work on it. I detailed it with a clay bar 3-4 times a year, polished the exhaust tips, changed oil, cleaned all of my wheels by taking them off the car every time, and did my own fluids. It will be sad to let it go.
TruDat!

I can relate... I pulled my e92 just recently from the market.. for her ad I are one since the beginning. After seeing all the assholes online trying to low ball it like it was an auction car, I say these clowns don't deserve the care I put it to this car.
I'm keeping mine, for if I consider again upgrading, I will be in the same boat 4 years from now. At least I love what I have, the last true NA M3.
Good Luck in your decision.. I know its hard

I would like your ownership review of the F80 M3
Appreciate 0