BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

07-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
NukinFutz
Rep
Drives: F30 335IX

OEM Exhaust Mod Feeler

I just finished my OEM exhaust mod. I couldn't be happier with the results.
I didnt take any pictures of the process like a dummy so i plan on doing it again to post the pictures and show the different way i went about doing it.
Unlike the other threads that replace whole pipes or covering them with bigger pipes. I bought Stainless steel foil from grainger and wrapped each pipe, tacked them, secured them with stainless steel ties and tacked those too. it might sound like the cheap way out to some but when you hear the results, and see what it looks like it clearly is not.

Because my exhaust came out so great I plan to start making the exhausts and selling them for a reasonable price. I am in the New York tristate area and are at all interested let me know. I also will be willing to install and paint the exhausts for a little extra. I will lower the price a lot if i take your stock exhaust to keep the "business" going, somewhat like a core charge.

As of right now this idea is just a feeler to see what people think. I also understand that it is hard to trust this way of doing the mod with out pictures or videos but i will post them very soon.
      07-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

FYI, you'll need to sign up as a forum vendor/sponsor in order to solicit business on here.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Stealth ///M
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Get pictures, make a few , get some sound clips, and sell them. Right now all your asking us to do is "believe" that you did what you said you did. Hard sell with 7 posts and no pictures to document the work. Goodluck.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
It would work out for us overseas (APO AE/AP/AA) that dont really have the option to go local. Although, Im talking about a very limited quantity of people that would probably do it, but still there are a few of us. Id probably be down depending on price. I like the painted idea also...
      07-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
FLOSS M
///M3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 X-Drive

ACM mod is another alternative and it sounds great!
Appreciate 0